Rosa changed the momentum of the game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rosa changed the momentum of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So because he’s talented we look the other way? JFC. He rips off a great 71 yarder and then puts us in a hole. That’s his role FFS
what do you wanna do? Bring him to the square at Storrs Center and throw rotten tomatoes at him?

It happens. Whatever. It was a mistake. It wasn't the mistake that lost the game.

Reaction Score
what do you wanna do? Bring him to the square at Storrs Center and throw rotten tomatoes at him?

It happens. Whatever. It was a mistake. It wasn't the mistake that lost

It happens. Whatever. It was a mistake. It wasn't the mistake that lost the game.
doesn’t happen with disciplined teams

Reaction Score
Rosa is what, 19-20 years old? He is still developing and becoming a leader. There were literally players that were 25 years old, playing more than 5-6 years at the BCS level on NC State. I like where we are headed, but we have to remember that these are young men that are still looking how lead a state flagship football program that hasn't had a real leader in... a decade.

Reaction Score
Yes it does
If you’re arguing that the 15 for
Rolling over into the end zone was perfectly acceptable while still behind to a tough opponent is ok then I got nothing

Reaction Score
If you’re arguing that the 15 for
Rolling over into the end zone was perfectly acceptable while still behind to a tough opponent is ok then I got nothing
Define "acceptable"

Tell me, what do you want to happen to him? And acting like this doesn't happen on good or "discplined" teams is a joke. You wanna tell me Nick Saban Alabama teams don't get unsportsmanlike conduct penalties? Because you'd be wrong.

Reaction Score
Define "acceptable"

Tell me, what do you want to happen to him? And acting like this doesn't happen on good or "discplined" teams is a joke. You wanna tell me Nick Saban Alabama teams don't get unsportsmanlike conduct penalties? Because you'd be wrong.
Acceptable - still down. Hand the ball to the ref. Let McFadden kick it away and we start on D at the 30 and not the 50. Make sense?

Reaction Score
no one is denying it was stupid. but it's over and it happened and we've all moved on
You seem to be. We have little room for error and therefore can’t have these brain farts

Reaction Score
You seem to be. We have little room for error and therefore can’t have these brain farts
you still haven't answered what you want to do about it. go build a time machine, sneak onto the sidelines and whisper in his ear not to front flip into the end zone on his next touchdown.

Reaction Score
I am not sure if this is still the case. At one time, if an excessive celebration occurred while the play is still live, it is a spot foul. I saw a team loose a touchdown once ( for some reason I think it may have been West Virginia)because the runner was penalized for taunting a defender on his way in the end zone. It could have been worse for Rosa.

Reaction Score
I didn’t see the end of the play as I was celebrating in my section as he was approaching the end zone.
But to be clear - he was flagged for tumbling into the end zone? That’s it? He wasn’t taunting the other team in anyway?
What a stupid rule. College football can be so nauseating some times.

Reaction Score
Rosa's move was stupid and I'm sure they've been warned about getting such penalties. Frankly I think the rule is also ridiculous as we always see players bounce up and point for a first down or witnesse the NC State QB bouncing and flexing in the end zone while pointing to the crowd and both seem equally unsportsmanlike. However, when a fan like me cringed as soon as he did it because I know it's a penalty, then he definitely should have known better. I fully expect he will be reamed by the coaches for it during film sessions. That's the appropriate response and we should move on.

Reaction Score
Fine. It was a foolish mistake made out of the emotion of scoring on a long TD run at a pivotal time. That and a thousand other reasons are why UConn lost tonight.

Reaction Score
Define "acceptable"

I want him to know the team is bigger than one player. And when one player puts themselves ahead of the team, bad things happen.
That 15 yards on kick opened door for long return. It didn’t make the penalty happen, but it opened the door.
The margin of error for a UConn win was tiny. This type if stuff doesn’t help.

I think this is a teachable moment. My guess is he learned and you won’t see this be an issue moving forward.

Reaction Score
Vic went 70 yards for a TD, the hope is the defense can make one stop and give the offense a shot at taking the lead.
Instead it's 30 yards of penalties and ball on the 27. Injury delay sent many fans home in the 3Q
Given all the simultaneous road work including a car fire tonight was my toughest 2 way trip. Its not just the time. Coming east on 84 just sucks. Don't talk to me if you're north or east of Hartford. Just don't. One lane on both I91and 691s. Great planning. It all factors in to people's travel decisions.

Reaction Score
After sleeping on it, I’m even more mad about the rule than before. Let the kids have fun. Frankly the penalty ended up being significantly worse for NC State players than Rosa “showing them up” or whatever that rule proclaims. By taking them out of a touchback situation, the most dangerous play in sports played out and a kid was terrifyingly close to being paralyzed on the field

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom