Rodney Purvis to UConn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Rodney Purvis to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
This also shows that recruits want to play for UConn no matter the conference. This is a huge get in that department. Big East or AAC it doesn't matter. Kids want to play for UConn and KO. We ain't going anywhere but up!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I agree and the dream of all kids to play in front of 6,000 rabid fans at the XL Center during a huge AAC conference game in Feb against powerhouse East Carolina

What kid doesn't want to be part of that?

I dream we'll be in the Big10 by then...

Reaction Score
Ave shooter. 44%, 38 from three but made just one per game. Had more TO's than assist. Ave 8.3 in 25 minutes per game. Great body and takes it hard to the rim. Sitting out a year s/b great for him. Can learn the system, improve his shooting and in game decisions. 2014 he s/b a significant contributor for UCONN. Has a chance to become an AA. Great pick up.

A lot of college guys only make 1 three a game or less. Lamb only made 1 three per game his freshman year and he shot 37% from there.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Total weight lifted off the Bone Yards shoulders . KO can bring them in and they'll come to Uconn to play for KO . I got a feeling that more players will commit soon.

Reaction Score
A lot of college guys only make 1 three a game or less. Lamb only made 1 three per game his freshman year and he shot 37% from there.

For a freshman, 38% of threes is HUGE, considering the transition to playing in front of 10000+ people, arenas, etc.

44% from the field is pretty good, suggests that his 2 pt % is up near 50. For a 6'4 guy, I'll take that any day.

Reaction Score
Well, heck!!! This thread is a hell of a lot more pleasant than the 15 page thread on whether we should play Providence, or not.

Welcome Rodney........

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
LOL at some of the sour grapes in that NC State thread. (To be fair, there are some level-headed people. Maybe 40-50% of the posters.)

Hey dummy, you can't say "UConn is done without Jim Calhoun" or "Why would he go to UConn, they're going to suck" right after we took a McDonald's All-American off your roster. That is bad timing on your part!

Reaction Score
LOL at some of the sour grapes in that NC State thread. (To be fair, there are some level-headed people. Maybe 40-50% of the posters.)

Hey dummy, you can't say "UConn is done without Jim Calhoun" or "Why would he go to UConn, they're going to suck" right after we took a McDonald's All-American off your roster. That is bad timing on your part!

My favorite was the "LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL...going from Gott to Kevin Ollie...LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL" line. What the duck has Gottfried ever done?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
My favorite was the "LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL...going from Gott to Kevin Ollie...LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL" line. What the duck has Gottfried ever done?

Haha, yeah, I wanted someone to explain that one to me.

Reaction Score
I too was blown away by the fact that on that board they actually seem to think Gottfried is a good coach. It never occurred to me people could think that. Outside of some decent recruiting he is the epitome of meh as a coach. Really weird.

Reaction Score
Fantastic pick up. He should flourish as the scoring lead guard in the 3 guard line-up. As mentioned above his shooting percentages (44% FG and 38% 3pt) are fine for a freshman (compare to 40% FG and 32% 3pt for OC). Look for those numbers to improve with another year of training and practicing under KO. He has worked very hard heading into college to become a pg, he just needs more time actually running the point, which he should get over the next year in practice against SN, TS and RB.

Somewhat OT, but here is a video of him working with the elite pg skills trainer Micah Lancaster (more cones, but he isn't guarding a chair either:) ...and some HS highlights). Micah has worked with many top young pgs from Kyrie Irving to Mario Chalmers.

Rodney has ten toes in, how about you freescooter?

Reaction Score
LOVE THIS!!! Woke up to see it this morning! 2014 has a bright beginning! Hopefully his joining UConn will help spark a little interest in some of the recruits we're already targeting. Playing with a top 20 player is always a nice incentive! This is awesome. Wish the transfer rule didn't have him sitting out a year. With our whole team back, would be amazing having him on this years roster.

Reaction Score
Haha, yeah, I wanted someone to explain that one to me.

I mean, it'd be one thing if Purvis was transferring from Kansas and their fans were acting like that, but NC State underachieves more than any school in the country. They've been past the first weekend twice in 24 years.

Reaction Score
I too was blown away by the fact that on that board they actually seem to think Gottfried is a good coach. It never occurred to me people could think that. Outside of some decent recruiting he is the epitome of meh as a coach. Really weird.

Gofffried has a lot of Rick Barmes in him.

Reaction Score
Since when did NC State become God's gift to higher education? Some people are delusional...

Reaction Score
Since when did NC State become God's gift to higher education? Some people are delusional...

I saw that too. That is why they are who they are.

Reaction Score

40-50% is a hell of a lot better than you'll get from a PC or Cuse fan. At least some people in North Carolina know what's up. PC has been predicting our demise since 1999, when will they learn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom