RJ Cole (Transfer) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

RJ Cole (Transfer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nope. Sit 1 play 2. Unless you're a grad transfer like Oriakhi was.
Oriakhi wasn't a grad transfer. I don't think that was even in place back then. He was eligible immediately because UConn had a 1 year ban from the NCAA Tournament because of the APR mess.

He has one year of eligibility and can play immediately because UConn is banned from next season's NCAA tournament.

Ex-UConn forward Oriakhi to transfer to Mizzou

Reaction Score
Oriakhi wasn't a grad transfer. I don't think that was even in place back then. He was eligible immediately because UConn had a 1 year ban from the NCAA Tournament because of the APR mess.

He has one year of eligibility and can play immediately because UConn is banned from next season's NCAA tournament.

Good call.

Then why not Roscoe?

Reaction Score

Back then it was the "Mumu transfer rule"!

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Would be great if we could get the last visit.

Hurley Sr. is having Sunday dinner with his son on campus that weekend, I hear. ;)

Put on the Sunday gravy.

Reaction Score
Lets try and get him in before he visits Alabama. If Gilbert goes pro or Grad Transfers then a 2020 3 guard lineup of Cole, Bouk and Gaffney is explosive.

If we loose Gilbert I don't think it will hurt us. He is an out of control gunner. He turns the ball over more than he scores.

Reaction Score
Good call.

Then why not Roscoe?
See this article.

Smith and UNLV had held out hope that the NCAA would waive its one-year sit-out requirement for transfers as it did with Smith’s former teammate Alex Oriakhi. Oriakhi, a rising senior, received his waiver from the league governing body granting him immediate eligibility at Missouri next season.

Smith, like Oriakhi, was a member of the UConn championship team in 2011 who chose to transfer out of the school this past spring after low APR test scores begot a postseason ban for the Huskies in 2013.

Smith, however, has two years of eligibility remaining to Oriakhi’s one, so the one-year postseason ban would not deny him of one final crack at playing in the NCAA tournament had he opted to stay in Storrs. The senior Oriakhi had no such cushion.

Roscoe Smith Sitting Out Next Season Benefits UConn Transfer, UNLV

Reaction Score
If we loose Gilbert I don't think it will hurt us. He is an out of control gunner. He turns the ball over more than he scores.

Huh??? You're being sarcastic to see if anyone catches you right because no one can be this dumb on a reply? I get it.

Reaction Score
Oh perfect! Now that Jalen is gone the "I can't wait until our best player leaves" crowd can turn their attention to Alterique

Reaction Score
Why does he have to sit a year? I thought if a coach leaves, which is the case with Howard, a player can leave and play right away.

He isn't a big enough name and we aren't a big enough program. No Tate Martell situation happening here. The NCAA isn't anything besides inconsistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom