RJ Cole looks much more settled and confident | Page 3 | The Boneyard

RJ Cole looks much more settled and confident

Reaction Score
I watch him and have this sense that the other team is afraid of him. Like they know the only thing that can stop him is himself.
He’s a physical freak. I think when he gets it all together, he has the potential to be the best all around player we’ve ever had. Watching him feels like watching Secratariat in The Belmont Stakes, just leaps and bounds more athletic than anyone else on the court, including Bouk.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
All these posts and not a single nod to Coach for a) recruiting him and b) getting his head straight over the course of the year where he's the 1b to Bouk's 1a headed into the stretch.

Any struggles or slumps we've had this season are due to Bouk being hurt and COVID stretches early on. Everything else is aces as far as I'm concerned.

Reaction Score
Sorry man, I sense you’re too young to know what that is. The old guys like me will remember. Wasn’t meant offensively by any means.
LOL it’s all good O.G. I’m 32 so I am probably a lil too young but tell me

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
His defense on the star PGs in the Big East doesn't get talked about nearly enough, he's shut down everyone outside of Gillespie who is just a nightmare matchup for him
I pray for a different set of refs in the Big East chip v. Villanova. Someone that will recognize the Baby shaq back down of Gillispie's is an illegal act. Guaranteed if that were Martin doing the same, half of his attempts would be whistled a foul. Outside of Shaq, I can't recall anyone utilizing that tactic more than Gillispie. And believe me, I know all the Nova players do it and have done so historically, but not to the degree Gillispie does.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
How is the +/- calculated for a player after the game? I've got a 6.5 yr UConn Bachelor's degree so I know plus is better than negative. But that would literally be my opening statement if I had to write a paper on the topic.

How much did the score change while a given player was in the game. If a team wins by 5 and a player never sat he would be +5. Or if he's a sub and comes in with the team down 10 and he sits again with the team down 5 he would be a +5 for that shift. Add all the shifts together for the +/- for the game.

The concept comes from hockey where it's a lot easier to track.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
He’s a physical freak. I think when he gets it all together, he has the potential to be the best all around player we’ve ever had. Watching him feels like watching Secratariat in The Belmont Stakes, just leaps and bounds more athletic than anyone else on the court, including Bouk.
Totally different players here, but his unbridled athletic ability is on the scale imo of Dominique. I just feel as though he could take a lane on a moment's notice and dunk on the world, but he's a bit hesitant to do so at this point. Love seeing him come out of his shell. Can't wait for more "Action Jackson".

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

He has the leaps down. Needs to go to Bounds camp this summer.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Did you ever write for Penthouse Forum?

Nah what’s that though brother?

I mean no disrespect with this but I can tell your fairly young just by how you call people "brother" in most of your posts. No knock, it's good to have young blood active here.

But, if you don't know what Penthouse Forum is, you need to call your Pops or a cool Uncle.

Picture a tiny magazine that was like the internet of for a lot of us. 70-80 pages, no pics. Just beautifully filthy words on pages that over years became one massively abused clump.

You think it's hard polishing ol' Woody using a mouse? Try it holding a journal and having to flip pages.

Reaction Score
I pray for a different set of refs in the Big East chip v. Villanova. Someone that will recognize the Baby shaq back down of Gillispie's is an illegal act. Guaranteed if that were Martin doing the same, half of his attempts would be whistled a foul. Outside of Shaq, I can't recall anyone utilizing that tactic more than Gillispie. And believe me, I know all the Nova players do it and have done so historically, but not to the degree Gillispie does.
Today's refs were bad too with that, Garcia backed down someone (Jackson IIRC), threw his shoulder into him 3 times and then got a foul called

Reaction Score
I mean no disrespect with this but I can tell your fairly young just by how you call people "brother" in most of your posts. No knock, it's good to have young blood active here.

But, if you don't know what Penthouse Forum is, you need to call your Pops or a cool Uncle.

Picture a tiny magazine that was like the internet of for a lot of us. 70-80 pages, no pics. Just beautifully filthy words on a pages that, over years, all got stuck together.

You think it's hard polishing ol' Woody using a mouse? Try it holding a journal and having to flip pages.
Is calling people brother a young guy thing? I always call everyone brother, thought it was an old school thing.

My grandpa called everyone brother and mac.

Reaction Score

Picture a tiny magazine that was like the internet of for a lot of us. 70-80 pages, no pics. Just beautifully filthy words on pages that over years became one massively abused clump.

LMAOO that’s funny and yea I ain’t tryna rub nobody here the wrong way feel me but throughout my years of reading this board I got respect for the O.G’s like urself and some others..

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Is calling people brother a young guy thing? I always call everyone brother, thought it was an old school thing.

My grandpa called everyone brother and mac.

It's not a young guy thing superjohn. I can just tell he's young by how frequently he uses it. Just like we both did at his age because we wanted to be like Pops or Pa. It's not a negative, just how I sensed he was probably younger.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Calling someone brother can be traced back to wrestler Superstar Billy Graham and he's been around for awhile.

Reaction Score
Haven’t read through everything, but Cole has found the midrange game that I’ve been begging for. Now he has figured out to score at this level. It starts with the midrange jumper for normal humans. Only elite athletes and really tall freaks can make a living without it. God bless the pull up jumper.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It's not a young guy thing superjohn. I can just tell he's young by how frequently he uses it. Just like we both did at his age because we wanted to be like Pops or Pa. It's not a negative, just how I sensed he was probably younger.

LOL it’s all good O.G. I’m 32 so I am probably a lil too young but tell me

Some of us of a certain age and would see "SportsFan88" and think he graduated college or HS in 88.

Nope. He was born in '88.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Calling someone brother can be traced back to wrestler Superstar Billy Graham and he's been around for awhile.

1614485335568.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom