RJ Cole looks much more settled and confident | The Boneyard

RJ Cole looks much more settled and confident

Reaction Score
He's been really good the last handful of games and has been incredible the past 2 games. He's money on set shots from deep, he has the midrange step back and floaters/driving layups working. Not just scoring either, really good decision making with great passes we often don't finish. And to top it all off he completely shut down Carton.

Reaction Score
He's been really good the last handful of games and has been incredible the past 2 games. He's money on set shots from deep, he has the midrange step back and floaters/driving layups working. Not just scoring either, really good decision making with great passes we often don't finish. And to top it all off he completely shut down Carton.
A few passes today were either dropped or resulted in missed bunnies your absolutely right man.. he has been more than just a welcomed addition and he has the look to be that all big east senior guard next year that can carry

Reaction Score
Looks like he’s gotten his spacing and midrange game down lately. Instead of overpenetrating, he’s pulling up for midrange shots or creating space with great step backs. His emergence has been awesome to watch. The clear #2 this team desperately needed.

Reaction Score
His defense on the star PGs in the Big East doesn't get talked about nearly enough, he's shut down everyone outside of Gillespie who is just a nightmare matchup for him
Your absolutely right.. the way he digs in the full 90 ft he contests everything and his hands are very quick I think that’s what I’ve been impressed by the most.. He pickpockets everyone

Reaction Score
A few passes today were either dropped or resulted in missed bunnies your absolutely right man.. he has been more than just a welcomed addition and he has the look to be that all big east senior guard next year that can carry
Yep, that's big. We've had talk all season that there's no point guard for next season and it's going to be a huge problem. All that talk can now stop. Point guard position should be a strength.

Reaction Score
A kid with 1500 points and 6 assists per game his first two years at the D1 level is showing what he can do. Many doubted him. You shouldn't have.
This is what I was expecting we were getting with Cole. Obviously there was a transition into a new program and the fact he didn’t play an organized basketball game in a year, but RJ is definitely improved.

Reaction Score
Yep, that's big. We've had talk all season that there's no point guard for next season and it's going to be a huge problem. All that talk can now stop. Point guard position should be a strength.
Agreed wholeheartedly brother.. with diggins in the wings learning and not having to be pressed into action is great.. like you said that other type of talk is over

Reaction Score
I have always preferred him over Gaffney. I know he isn't as athletic or tall but he just has it. He has really started to understand how to create offense in smart ways with Bouk back.

Reaction Score
The progression has been remarkable. He started the season a limited player. He pretty much did one thing well offensively. Which was shoot threes when open. He still does that extremely well. Then he started to understand what he does well and doesn't do well. Really did a great job avoiding what he does poorly. Now the things he does (or did) poorly are just disappearing. Remarkable progression. As good as I've seen.

Reaction Score
The game hasn't slowed down, Cole has slowed down, he is playing much more under control, gets himself into many fewer bad situations, and now because he isn't forcing it he can get out of bad situations. He is so much calmer on the court.

Reaction Score
I really don't think this point gets hit home enough. RJ sat out last year and had a funky offseason and virtually no non-conference schedule to get the rust off. Comes back and thrown right into Big East play. Convinced if he had a normal off season and non conference he would've been at this level for all of Big East play. I'll take it now. Clearly think the rust is off and he's getting in a rhythm

Reaction Score
He's been great for us. I was swearing up and down on him a bunch in games, especially after the ft's against Creighton to ice the game.

He seemed like he was not able to find his shot early in the season. Clearly this is not the case now. He's finding open places in the right spots and drilling it. I am not complaining at all. His D is still tight. I love this team.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Not even counting the last few games where he’s taken it to the next level, Cole has been one of our best players all season long.

Similar to Martin, our season would have looked very different without him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom