RIP Stanley Robinson | Page 9 | The Boneyard

RIP Stanley Robinson

Reaction Score
Been a UConn fan as far back as The Yankee Conference days. The ups the downs, the good times the bad. The day we beat Syracuse for our first Big East Championship I was watching at the local watering hole. I was squeezed on both shoulders by the owner as he said your going to break my peanut machine. Not realizing what I was doing as the game wound down I had a beer sloshing in one hand and uncontrollably shaking the machine with the other as tears ran down my cheeks. Once we made it big time I never got quite so emotional.

Stanley transcended being a player on the basketball team, he was for many fans an open book on life and how hard it is for some. His enthusiastic play and athletic abilities obvious but the off the court story so often in the public's eye had many more than myself rooting for him in all facets of life.

Heart felt condolences to his family, friends, former team mates, coaches and all of UConn Nation may he RIP.
Today tears ran down my cheeks, no ground breaking win, rather a tragic loss.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
What do you guys think about a uniform patch if we play this year:
1595455727540.png

(Yes that is a Stan Mikita patch, but you get the idea)

Reaction Score
Heartbreaking to read through this thread...a tremendous amount of memories of his journey and impact at UCONN as an amazing person and player...may the young man find peace...my sincerest condolences to his family, friends and teammates...

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
First time I've ever read this long of a thread with tears running down my face. My God be with his family and may Sticks rest in peace. So sad.

Reaction Score
Can’t believe this. So sad. The kid was just the best. Loved every second that he was on the court. Great job whoever is making sure everyone knows he is a UConn legend! Great idea about dunk of the year award named after him. His family and everyone else for that matter should always know how much UConn fans loved him!

Reaction Score
So very sad, Stanley was much too young with a family. Straight up terrible tragedy. Prayers for Stanley, his family, and friends. Peace.

Reaction Score
I woke up this morning and read of the passing of CT multi sport athlete and UHart coach Jack Phelan. Then I received a call that a friend I grew up with in Philly had passed yesterday. Now Stanley. I am not talking to anyone else today.

Reaction Score
RIP Sticks. Just awful, heartbreaking news. Gone way too soon.

Reaction Score
Stunned. My condolences to his family, and especially his three daughters.

Reaction Score
They should definitely wear a patch but I think it should be a silhouette of him dunking. Someone with Photoshop skills should be able to mock one up easily.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom