RIP Stanley Robinson | Page 8 | The Boneyard

RIP Stanley Robinson

Reaction Score
Very sad day. I could not believe it when I saw this. RIP Stanley, I hope he knew how much UConn fans loved him.

Reaction Score
Rest easy Stanley. One of my all time favorite Huskies. Guy knew how to entertain the fans and represent UCONN well on the court.

#SticksStrong
#StandforStanley

Reaction Score
Just heartbroken- he was more than a UConn basketball player he was a great human being and deserved so much more from life. RIP 'Sticks' Thanks for all the memories you've given us.

Reaction Score
Similar to methodology mentioned whenever we chatted the first thing he always asked was "how's the family? Kid good?" Truly cared about knowing we were all doing well. We would chat a couple times a year quickly for birthdays and such. Joked with me last time we talked my life would be different with a daughter, but luckily I had a son to watch out for her.

Many fond memories of crashing on his couch, or him on mine. He will be missed.

Sorry for your loss as well. Damn this is a horrible day.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I remember an announcer saying Stanley should wear a helmet when he played because he was going to bang his head on the rim or the backboard. I remember being in awe of his ability to get up. It was also good to see him take a step back from the team, organize his life, and get back on track. Handling adversity like that is hard for anyone, let alone a college kid far from home. We were all seriously happy for him and rooting for him.

It's in the clip from the 1st round game against UT-Chattanooga that's posted earlier in the thread

Reaction Score
Just seeing the thread title, my immediate response was, "This can't be."

But it is.

Awful news. Condolences to his family, and @methodology, thanks for being his friend. This must be very difficult for you as well.

Funny when I saw the title I was hoping there was another Stanley Robinson but knew it wasn't good. I mean I feel bad rooting against another Stanley but I mean, this is our Stix I have supported this kid since day 1, a special player and athlete. He took some lumps here too even though he didn't deserve them. But I read more and more about the man, the human being off the court and he was even more special than I could imagine.

Reaction Score
Love Sticks
Used to talk to him and HCJC a lot in Madison during the summer especially at the Cumberland Farms
Coach and Pat must be devastated
RIP Sticks

Did Stanley visit Coach and the family a lot in Madison during his Husky days? I bet Coach is having a tough time with this no doubt.

Reaction Score
A unique individual with rare God-given athletic talent.. One of the most electric and exciting players to ever wear a Husky uniform.. If the initial speculation is true..He must of been in tremendous pain and in a dark place.. Always thought JC viewed him as a son worthy of his tough love..May his family eventually find peace and may everyone remember the smile and joy he had when he was on the court.. RIP..

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Did Stanley visit Coach and the family a lot in Madison during his Husky days? I bet Coach is having a tough time with this no doubt.
Lived with them on and off during the summers the first few years after they bought the beach house. Once in a while people told me they would see Sticks driving Pat's Jag down Route 1!!! I never saw it myself but I always saw it parked downtown in front of the bookstore or the women's clothing boutique (the lady loves to shop!)

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
SOB, I cant believe it. All I can say is Rest In Peace Mr Robinson and thank you for the memories

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Life really isn’t fair. RIP Sticks. We will keep your memory alive

Reaction Score
From demarcus cousins, who grew up in the same area in Alabama.
81074969-B171-48A0-A5FC-2BEF7CA7ED82.jpeg

Reaction Score
Should name the First Night Dunk Contest Award after 'Sticks'. Or the best dunk of every year is even better, like Bouknights alley ooper. Let the students vote the award recipient. I just don't want him being forgotten, his UConn journey is a great story in itself.

The Stanley Robinson Dunk of the Year Award! (Just put a basketball and/or net with something like this):

1595451257467.png

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
There’s been a ton of threads, posts , debates and comparisons about this guy on the Bone Yard and he’s not even one of our Pro’s. We loved him from day one. RIP Stanley “ Sticks” Robinson. Thanks for coming to Connecticut.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Stanley's comeback story where he worked his way back onto the team and court was one of the best in UConn history and no will ever take it away. To get to the Final 4 and play a good game made me very happy for him. I hope he is at peace. Such a sad day.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
I was getting a beer at the Birmingham Bowl in 2010 and the young woman noticed my UConn gear and told me she liked UConn because "that's where Stanley is." I said, "Stanley Robinson? You know Stanley Robinson?" She nodded, "Tell him thanks for coming to UConn next time you see him!" She smiled and laughed.

Similar story here.

Right after the B'ham Bowl we were driving to FL to visit friends and we stopped at a Cracker Barrel right outside Birmingham to grab some food after the game. The waiter noticed we were decked out in UConn gear and said that his cousin went to UConn. He didn't name drop or mention Sticks at all, just that his cousin went to UConn. He looked just like a mini version of Sticks and had the same exact demeanor. So I ended up asking him if his cousin was Stanley Robinson, and he said yes--and that Stanley was like his 'big brother' and idol. He said he hoped to play for UConn one day when he was older too. He looked just like Sticks and had the same unassuming, friendly, and caring aura about him.

We all cheer and care for all of our 'UConn Guys'--but it seems like almost all of us thought of Sticks as much more than just one of 'our players'. I hope he knew that and knew how special he was.

Reaction Score
Just terrible news. One of my favorite Husky to watch. Is explosive. You will be mussed Sticks. RIP.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom