Ricky Moore news | The Boneyard

Ricky Moore news

Reaction Score
The starting PG on our all-time all-defensive team.

PG: Ricky
SG: AJax
SF: Burrell
PF: Adrien
C: Emeka

(I'm cheating by putting Jackson there at SG).
Congrats Ricky and not to derail the post but
Pg Boat
Sg Ricky
Sf Ajax
Pf Whaley
C Emeka

HMs Burrell Thabeet Adrien

Reaction Score
Ricky Moore is an important pillar in the foundation of the Huskies, program, & the 5 championships that have been accomplished in less than 25 years.

There is a dozen+ of inidividuals that help form this powerhouse & Ricky Moore is on that list- a true champion in every way!

Reaction Score
Totally agree with all the positive Ricky Moore comments.

We were at the 1999 Uconn championship game where both on offense, as well as defense, he was the star that helped us beat the highly favored Dukees!! That alone made us love him forever and we wrote, in the past, and told him so!

Reaction Score
I'll allow the ajax switch but I'm pushing mek to the 4 and adding thabeet!
Your proposed list would be the only correct one, IMO. Not sure how you leave off a 2x Big East Defensive player of the year and 1x National DPOTY. All other lists would be "fugazi" to leave that man off. :eek:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Ricky was a blue-chip recruit. I remember when ESPN had a show called Scholastic Sports Academy. It profiled HS athletes in all sports. The lead feature one time showed Ricky in HS mentioning how he was the next in line of great UConn PG's.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Totally agree with all the positive Ricky Moore comments.

We were at the 1999 Uconn championship game where both on offense, as well as defense, he was the star that helped us beat the highly favored Dukees!! That alone made us love him forever and we wrote, in the past, and told him so!
This. We don't win the 99 championship without him. For a guy who was indisputably a lockdown defender, it was his office that carried us in the first half. Duke had no one who could guard him and he schooled his old neighborhood buddy Avery repeatedly. By the end of the first half he was absolutely gassed out there. Talk about leaving everything out on the court.

His lock down defense was terrific all game, but especially on the last two possessions where Trajan Langdon was reduced to flopping and hoping for the best.

I could not be happier for him.

Reaction Score
Ricky had a strong offensive skill set in HS.. JC convinced him to use his skills on D and be a team player at UConn. Ricky walked the walk.. Let his game do the talking.. Class act.. Wish him well.

Reaction Score
Don't forget about Albert Mouring!! He was also foundational to that era of team building

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom