Richie Springs Academic Redshirt | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Richie Springs Academic Redshirt

Reaction Score
And if u don't like it, you might be upset about the plan for Javonte Brown Ferguson.

just upset we can't get a freshmen big that can actually play their first year on campus. here's hopin we break the trend in 2021 if what you're saying is true

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Some need to get off the ledge about his redshirting. It is best for the young man for him to learn the system and get use to the work load of being a college student.

I feel fine about this, as should all of us. Give him time to get stronger and practice against his teammates for a year

Reaction Score
Sounds like he might have some academic issues that needed to be worked out besides just a pure basketball move.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
\

We've had 3 years in a row get derailed by injuries. I'm fine with making decisions based on fear of injury
You've also threatened to lay down on I-84. I'm not surprised you weren't consulted.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
What an atrocious start for our top 20 2019 class. One missed a month of practice with an ankle injury, another one got arrested and will almost certainly be suspended, and another one is redshirting because he’s academically ineligible. I’m sure I’ll get panned for speaking the truth here but this is no bueno.
Not worth panning.

Also truth:
It's year 2 of a rebuild.

Last edited:

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Upset because we got him to fill an immediate need. Glad people are so gung-ho on Whalley, but we haven't seen his game improvement. We desperately needed Spring to play 10 minutes of.D and rebounding.
If Springs wasn't ready academically or basketball- wise, someone goofed.
Will it kill us? No. But it's a bad sign

Reaction Score
Everyone talking about academic ineligibility is off.

Think of this as locking up a player in recruiting and having him basically as an on campus post graduate year. Practice with team, build physically, save 4 years of eligibility.

And if u don't like it, you might be upset about the plan for Javonte Brown Ferguson. See a pattern?

Akok
Springs
Javonte Brown Ferguson

??
Lol you have no idea what you are talking about.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
we literally cannot have an ounce of excitement in this program without it getting shot out of the sky
I'm aware that it's generational thing that has spawned discussion and memes, but look up the meaning of "literally." Maybe ounce too.

OK, now I can relax.

Reaction Score
I'm aware that it's generational thing that has spawned discussion and memes, but look up the meaning of "literally." Maybe ounce too.

OK, now I can relax.
Hans, people have been using "literally" in this way since at least James Joyce's "The Dead." Probably long before. Not a hill to die on.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

It blows my mind how a kid can go to some elite prep school with the best secondary academics in the country and somehow can't qualify academically. Does anyone know if these kids who go to those schools get the "athlete treatment"? I (perhaps naively) thought part of the sell at places like MacDuffie was their academic/college prep...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom