Richard Springs Commits to UConn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Richard Springs Commits to UConn

Reaction Score
433C3BBF-255F-49D6-9656-6F6536CF02DB.gif

Welcome dawg!

C

Chief00

Eventually the recruiting will expand a bit more nationally, but for now and for ‘20, it’s nice that a lot of these northeast guys know and want to play with each other.
Agree, that’s a key component of Hurley’s game plan. More to come.

Reaction Score
Thanks @Chief00 for making this possible.
Lol

Great get!! Congrats to the staff for getting this done!! And I know I speak for all TRUE fans when I say thank you to those on this board that provided legit info on the progress of this recruitment. Vs the CASUAL fan who is only on here for self-aggrandizement and brought nothing real to the table. What’s next Chief, are you gonna break the story to “stay tuned, we are not done recruiting for the future”??

Good job by the staff, none of which Chief knows better than anyone else on this board!!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Just what we needed. And he really wants to be a UConn Husky. Love that passion.

Reaction Score
His biggest issue is S&C. Wish he had been on campus the past two months with his peers.

His skill set is something we needed.. a different look inside. Hurley *seems* to want a quick stretch 4 and a screening/rim running/occasional post up 5 that has footspeed to recover and be the back line with our pressure D.

Springs gives us a different look inside at the 4 and 5 with his 8-12 ft faceup ability. That will be important in certain matchups, even if he only ever becomes patching bad defense, cleanup, dirty work type player. Every team needs one.

Reaction Score
Love this kids potential and his rebounding prowess. I think we will see that his outside game is a lot better than the 8’-10’ mark as previously mentioned.

Reaction Score
someone posted that Springs is liked by a lot of recruits ..i'm assuming that's referring to other prospective NE recruits like big cliff?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Uh let's not do the naming thing. The last time a class at UConn did that...
Beat me to it.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Single father of 3... might be an incentive to stay local. Hasn't effected many in the coaching biz but one can hope!
I selfishly want him to stay, but even if he leaves farther along in our run, he'll continue to be a valued member of the staff. I swear he's been given credit for every kid we've landed.

Reaction Score
And FWIW--all these northeast guys Tom is on too. He's just doing more creating relationships with the coaches and aau program directors rather than the kids, from what I gather
What's great is that this staff is continuing to create relationships with AAU and HS coaches. Moore for example is one of the main reasons Akok is here.

This staff works hard, and well together. What a difference.

Reaction Score
someone posted that Springs is liked by a lot of recruits ..i'm assuming that's referring to other prospective NE recruits like big cliff?

Now that the grid has been updated, what’s our 2020 game plan?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom