Richard Springs Commits to UConn | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Richard Springs Commits to UConn

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Hoping for a Hilton Armstrong like progression. I have not seen him play so I am not saying he will be a high first round pick, but as long as he can give some rebounding and post play minutes this year that's all we need. Once he gets on a serious workout no doubt he will be able to be something for them come junior and senior year.

C

Chief00

Love this kids potential and his rebounding prowess. I think we will see that his outside game is a lot better than the 8’-10’ mark as previously mentioned.
Lol

Great get!! Congrats to the staff for getting this done!! And I know I speak for all TRUE fans when I say thank you to those on this board that provided legit info on the progress of this recruitment. Vs the CASUAL fan who is only on here for self-aggrandizement and brought nothing real to the table. What’s next Chief, are you gonna break the story to “stay tuned, we are not done recruiting for the future”??

Good job by the staff, none of which Chief knows better than anyone else on this board!!

LOL - Chief must have permanent residency in your head or is it just a cry for attention by attaching yourself, in a bizarre way, to someone much better known than yourself?

Reaction Score
Not expecting a lot of playing time in his first two seasons, but very important insurance piece if Carlton/Akok/Whaley miss any time.
I hope can bear out a low skilled recruit like Whaley relatively fast, He is a too 150 recruit . I'm just glad we have other options at center besides whaley who is really should be 3rd choice there,

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
What changed from “we may just bank the scholarship” to bring Richie on campus sign him and get him to reclassify? Richie just announced he was transferring to Brewster a month ago. Something changed...

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
1. Thomas
2. Jackson
3. A True Center
3 guys but unfortunately only 2 open schollies. Do we just go after all three hard and take the first two that commit or

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
What changed from “we may just bank the scholarship” to bring Richie on campus sign him and get him to reclassify? Richie just announced he was transferring to Brewster a month ago. Something changed...
Perhaps the kid had a change of heart, the staff may have thought they'd have to bank it, but were also surprised. Recruiting is fluid and such.

Reaction Score
There’s some PROS in that grouping. If they all here SR year that’s an issue. Should be amazing to watch them grow together tho

If bouknight and akok are as good as Hurley believes, our 2021 recruiting class may have to be 7 or 8 deep

Reaction Score

I think at that point we thought we were going to get Manuel. When that fell through, we explored other options....and when reclassification for Springs became an option, we pulled the trigger.

Reaction Score

Let's go with the narrative that sounds best for us. Springs started EYBL poorly and then broke out during Peach Jam 3 weeks ago. The staff decided he warranted a scholarship and wanted to lock him up before he blew up.

Reaction Score
Love this kids potential and his rebounding prowess. I think we will see that his outside game is a lot better than the 8’-10’ mark as previously mentioned.
His game right now is 4 ft and in. 8-10 is way outside his current range.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom