Richard Springs Commits to UConn | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Richard Springs Commits to UConn

Reaction Score
What's great is that this staff is continuing to create relationships with AAU and HS coaches. Moore for example is one of the main reasons Akok is here.

This staff works hard, and well together. What a difference.

Tom Moore was essential to getting past recruits. Aj price and Kemba are prime examples

Reaction Score
Closer to 10 (could get listed at 6’9 or 10). Saw him listed at 220 this summer too

247 has him at 6'9" and 200 pounds, ESPN at 6'8" and 200, Future 150 at 6'9" and 215 (but further into their profile they show him as 6'7" and 215 with a 6'10" wingspan so maybe that's where the 6'10" is coming from), and Verbal Commits has him at 6'9" and 217.
He's 17 and all have him as a 3 star except Verbal Commits at 2 stars.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
LOL - Chief must have permanent residency in your head or is it just a cry for attention by attaching yourself, in a bizarre way, to someone much better known than yourself?
Next time you break some news around here will be the first. You seem to have an issue w facts. And I could care less how “known” I am. You are known as a clown.....good for you!

Reaction Score
1. Thomas
2. Jackson
3. A True Center

what do you think happens if hurley can only sign 2 guys and thomas is one of them but cliff is not?

does hurley take jackson over brown-ferguson or cardwell? jackson might be the better prospect but center is the biggest positional need. is that what the list here is saying?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If Kimani gets a head coaching job down the line, it means we have done big things. He deserves it.

Expect Kenya to get some credit soon. ;)
Didn’t realize we were in that good with Cam. The quicker he decides the better. Don’t want blue bloods getting involved.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
what do you think happens if hurley can only sign 2 guys and thomas is one of them but cliff is not?

does hurley take jackson over brown-ferguson or cardwell? jackson might be the better prospect but center is the biggest positional need. is that what the list here is saying?

It might be a little early to be penciling Thomas in.

Reaction Score
Of course it’s only a hypothetical. Just Curious how Hurley would weigh Jackson against a lower ranked center if he already signed a guard

Last edited:

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
Video has been posted a few times but there are a few highlights from Springs(#13) and shows the connection he'll have straight away with Bouknight. Springs easily looks like the tallest, longest guy on the court. Great assist to Bouk towards the end.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Video has been posted a few times but there are a few highlights from Springs(#13) and shows the connection he'll have straight away with Bouknight. Springs easily looks like the tallest, longest guy on the court. Great assist to Bouk towards the end.

Bouknight!!!! Wow.

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
Full game footage of Springs. Solid passer from the elbow and blocks. Lots of room a for improvement!

C

Chief00

Next time you break some news around here will be the first. You seem to have an issue w facts. And I could care less how “known” I am. You are known as a clown.....good for you!
Go back and read my 2/5/2019 post on Springs. LOL
Recent Breaking news - how about Big East!!!! In May.
You are definitely a walking definition of amateur posting hour.

Reaction Score
Go back and read my 2/5/2019 post on Springs. LOL
Recent Breaking news - how about Big East!!!! In May.
You are definitely a walking definition of amateur posting hour.
You deserve a ton of credit for the Big East news but acting like your post about Springs was telling us he's committing is not a good look

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
"I think I can stretch the floor and become a really good combo forward,'' said Springs. "I'll also bring a ton of energy whether I'm in the game or on the bench. I also want to become the best rebounder in the conference."

C

Chief00

You deserve a ton of credit for the Big East news but acting like your post about Springs was telling us he's committing is not a good look

You understand that’s not how Chief usually communicates. I don’t fault others for communicating more directly but that’s not how I choose to communicate for a variety of reasons regarding a recruit. I think most astute posters on this forum know what I meant by the below 6 months ago. Please keep in mind coaches are not suppose to discuss a recruit until a signed commitment and often being more direct dries up sources or adversely impacts other players.
As someone who predicted Dre in Storrs in the summer of 2011 for that autumn semester, I have come to learn how to do it more subtilely, especially when other scholarship situations are involved. It that instance, things had to be cleaned up after the fact.
88851F2F-C4F0-43DE-BF6A-D8369D789D9D.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

My guess is that with two scholarships, and with Springs behind Carlton plus Whaley the next two seasons, we now take best players available. If that is a center, fine. If not, we get one in 2021 when we have a huge class.

Reaction Score
Imagine not making every thread about oneself. Lots of people actually know a lot of things and don’t crave internet attention for doing so.

They very much want a big in the ‘20 class to pair with a senior Carlton and, aside from Vital, there are two others on the roster who could pursue pro options.

Reaction Score
Imagine not making every thread about oneself. Lots of people actually know a lot of things and don’t crave internet attention for doing so.

They very much want a big in the ‘20 class to pair with a senior Carlton and, aside from Vital, there are two others on the roster who could pursue pro options.

Yeah, as someone with zero inside knowledge, I just get the feeling that somehow we will have three scholarship available in 2020. Thomas, Jackson, and a solid big man would be a great class to me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom