Rhode Island beat no good teams this year | The Boneyard

Rhode Island beat no good teams this year

Reaction Score
Is what it is. The mob has made up its mind. I’m praying more for billy dee or doc ( he got ray a ring). If a change is coming.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
and their league stinks.

Make no mistake - D Hurley has done a really good job at URIne
The league is weaker this year than in past year and has been going that way for some time and his overall OOC since being at URIne is not that good
Not sure if he would even want to come to UConn when there may be P5s knocking at his door. Besides what a few on this site claim to be "chatter" thet he wants to come to UConn, there hasn't been any public info shared to verify
Not sure if he would even be the best available - he hasn't butted heads recruiting with any of the big boys

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Is what it is. The mob has made up its mind. I’m praying more for billy dee or doc ( he got ray a ring). If a change is coming.

We need college experience, not professional experience. I imagine college recruiting is the last thing Doc wants to be doing with his time anyway.

And Billy ain't getting fired. Maybe he'd leave for UK/Duke I've no idea.

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
Things I learned from this thread:

1. KO is better than Hurley because URI only won a mediocre league (while we were being swept by the likes of Tulsa).

2. We don’t need a hungry up-and-coming college coach to take over our program, we should settle for a washed up NBA coach instead.

Reaction Score
They beat Shall which would beat Uconn by 20 and is better, easily, than any win Uconn has had over the past 2 years.

They beat St. Bonnies who would beat Uconn by at least 10 points and Oregon is maybe the only comparable win to St. Bonnies.

They beat Providence which is better than any win Uconn had.

Played very close in loses against Bama who would smoke Uconn like Auburn did and Nevada, who would crush uconn too.

Are 15-1 and in 1st in a conference Uconn would be LUCKY to be .500 in, 9-7 AT BEST and MAYBE 4th place although St. Louis and VCU are just about equal to Tulsa, maybe a little lower so maybe those would be close loses knocking Uconn down to 6th. Any way, Uconn would be between 4th and 6th in the A10.

BTW they beat Brown, and Uconn might be lucky to NOT have to go to OT to beat them (as opposed to Columbia).

Uconn should not be pointing any fingers at any P7/A10 schools, or the top 3 in the WCC, except for maybe Pitt and the bottom of the WCC. This is a lousy look for a program who is currently on hard times.

Reaction Score
2014 (with Calhoun's players)>2015>2016>2017>2018
He was there in 2011 so let’s not act like he wasn’t running practice with these dudes every day. I have had enough of this dead horse argument. With Ollie as hc, he isn’t involved enough as the other guys run drills and majority of practices( despite his youth and physical fitness). But Jim Calhoun ( a bastion of good health, (yes he rode bikes and he is a saint) ran every second of practice alone, Taught Kemba his step back, and ran lines with team. I get it.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Things I learned from this thread:

1. KO is better than Hurley because URI only won a mediocre league (while we were being swept by the likes of Tulsa).

2. We don’t need a hungry up-and-coming college coach to take over our program, we should settle for a washed up NBA coach instead.
We are strong in OT games though

Reaction Score
He was there in 2011 so let’s not act like he wasn’t running practice with these dudes every day. I have had enough of this dead horse argument. With Ollie as hc, he isn’t involved enough as the other guys run drills and majority of practices( despite his youth and physical fitness). But Jim Calhoun ( a bastion of good health, (yes he rode bikes and he is a saint) ran every second of practice alone, Taught Kemba his step back, and ran lines with team. I get it.
BWAHAHAHA!!!!!

No, you don't get it. You don't get it because you don't want to. It isn't just about drills. It is about picking the right players and then molding them mentally by disciplining them. Those were Calhoun players.

Reaction Score
we wouldn't finish top 5 in the A-10 this year

or in the top 5 of the Ivy League... I forced myself to watch until the bitter end yesterday even though I'm on vacation. It helps remind me the reality and the grind never take a break...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom