Rhett Lashlee Gone -- OC at SMU | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Rhett Lashlee Gone -- OC at SMU

Reaction Score
There two things about this that are really concerning.

1) He took the same position at a G5 school in our own dang conference. We all knew his time here was short but we all thought he’d be leaving us for a HC gig or even an OC at another big time P5 program. The fact he left for the same job at a school on our same conference level is concerning. Family issues or not, he must have been offered other gigs in the South at bigger schools? Maybe not?

2) Who do we lose because of this? We got real lucky with Krajewski signing early when he originally hinted he might wait. However, he and Washington came here to play for RL. Wouldn’t be shocked if both leave. Maybe whoever we hire will determine if they stay? It’s an even bigger punch in the nuts that we were all excited thinking we finally had a deep QB pool on our roster to now possibly being left with Pindell and ?

I know this is a gut reaction post but I really do fear we lose some of our QBs who were supposed to finally right our offense.
Can't Krajewski ask for his release similar to the kid who committed to UConn bball and then when we fired miller, he asked for his release and signed with PC. Langston Ashford?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It is interesting that he didn’t end up in a P5 job, if he was looking. I would guess that he got no credit for his time as OC at Auburn in the job market.

Why would he? Auburn did better after he left and he only won three games at his next stop against a weak schedule.

Reaction Score
This has nothing to do with football. It’s all about Rhett’s wife. She missed living in the south and yearned to get back there ASAP. Lashlee values his family’s happiness over his job. Can’t fault him for that.
Fair enough but jeez what did he think he was getting himself in to? Not to mention everyone who is getting screwed by this because family can’t make it through more than one winter

Reaction Score
Hey. I liked Rob Ambrose and that Joe M. Guy. Bring them back.

I love Ambrose, but he's the head coach at Towson now and they there is no way they can get him to take a demotion and a pay cut. Same with Joe M who just got hired as the HC of Mississippi State. Man do we have a lot of former coordinators out there doing well though.

Reaction Score
1. LSU just lost their DC to A&M. These things happen to the best of them.
Wait...Did that just happen? I read earlier that LSU retained him for about 10 mill over 4 years???

Reaction Score
What about the head coach of NDSU for OC? Seems like an offense Edsall would love?

Reaction Score
I had a crazy thought about Matt Canada but in the unlikely event he'd ever come here, he'd be gone in a year too.

Reaction Score
I never said as OC. We're Really not in the positions let someone learn the position At our expense but then again, we're not getting anyone of Lashlees caliber either.....

That's not necessarily true. We could bring in a head coach from the FCS like Penn st did a few years ago

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Remember when certain people thought he had a super secret hand shake deal with Edsall to take over as the HC in 5 years?

Good times.
Maybe he didn't want to wait the five years. Maybe he didn't want the job. Maybe he decided that 1.5M more or less is a lot to give up based upon a promise five years in the future.

Or maybe it was always BS. If that's the case why did he leave Auburn? Is that the same reason he's leaving UConn?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
That's not necessarily true. We could bring in a head coach from the FCS like Penn st did a few years ago

No FCS HC is taking the UConn OC job.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Apparently SMU's o-line hire has backed out...clear the path for JB Grimes, boys! Let the misery continue!! This is too much lol UConn has become the Cleveland of college sports

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Wait...Did that just happen? I read earlier that LSU retained him for about 10 mill over 4 years???[/QUOTE

Nevermind, you are correct. I read a news article wrong.

Reaction Score
I love Ambrose, but he's the head coach at Towson now and they there is no way they can get him to take a demotion and a pay cut. Same with Joe M who just got hired as the HC of Mississippi State. Man do we have a lot of former coordinators out there doing well though.

Facetious

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Apparently SMU's o-line hire has backed out...clear the path for JB Grimes, boys! Let the misery continue!! This is too much lol UConn has become the Cleveland of college sports
Yup Bruce Feldman just changed his report. Worried about Grimes now.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
Can we stop with the doom and gloom until we know who the replacement(s) are for Lashlee and potentially Grimes? As it relates to Krajewski, maybe RE already discussed the replacement and he is good. Too much unknown to jump off the ledge.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

LOL to anyone who bought the closer to home excuse

I still believe the closer to home excuse....but the potential B1G pay upgrade is just too good to completely dismiss. The fact that Lashlee was a pretty low key recruiter for us this fall and December should have been pretty telling. And I guess there was out there already because Chris Carlin (WFAN) mentioned Lashlee for Rutty just last week.

Again, aside from Krajewski and this Alabama LB, do we have any others that we can associate with him?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
The report on Rutgers coming out makes me a little less pissed. At least now he looks like a tool

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I still believe the closer to home excuse....but the potential B1G pay upgrade is just too good to completely dismiss. The fact that Lashlee was a pretty low key recruiter for us this fall and December should have been pretty telling. And I guess there was out there already because Chris Carlin (WFAN) mentioned Lashlee for Rutty just last week.

Again, aside from Krajewski and this Alabama LB, do we have any others that we can associate with him?

We really don't have many RL recruits. That was the biggest disappointment in his tenure for me--he wasn't that great at pulling guys in. Sure we got Steven Krajewski and MW, but he didn't make waves in recruiting

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom