Rhett Lashlee Gone -- OC at SMU | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Rhett Lashlee Gone -- OC at SMU

Reaction Score
People, UConn is a stepping stone school. You need to get used to this sort of thing because it is going to happen every year. Anytime any coach has any success at UConn they're going to leave UConn for more money and a better job. We are a mid-major athletically and a proving ground for coaches who want to coach in a power conference. This is not the end of the world. We'll just bring in someone else.

Reaction Score
So he was just looking to get out of UConn period. Interviewing at Rutgers, SMU, wherever.
And as someone else said he had to give a heads up before interviewing so Benedict and Edsall have known about this for at least a week or more

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
We really don't have many RL recruits. That was the biggest disappointment in his tenure for me--he wasn't that great at pulling guys in. Sure we got Steven Krajewski and MW, but he didn't make waves in recruiting
And that is our silver lining. The next OC should be a + over RH at recruiting. Granted RH brought in two of our better QBs in recent memory, but still..... And the fact that he wasn't busting down doors this fall and December on the recruiting trail was another clue.

This team is driven by Randy, Corey and Terry R. Wholley and DTT are clearly active guys too.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
People, UConn is a stepping stone school. You need to get used to this sort of thing because it is going to happen every year. Anytime any coach has any success at UConn they're going to leave UConn for more money and a better job. We are a mid-major athletically and a proving ground for coaches who want to coach in a power conference. This is not the end of the world. We'll just bring in someone else.
I wanted two years damn it. Two years!

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
That is a horrendous idea.
Disagree. I would suggest 12 years as an NFL backup puts you pretty close to play calling. NFL experience is a huge asset in recruiting. His loyalties are 100% UConn and would bring some stability.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Are we going to get a statement from Edsall today? Do we have to do that bogus job posting crap? I want this filled by tomorrow morning@!#!

Reaction Score
Disagree. I would suggest 12 years as an NFL backup puts you pretty close to play calling. NFL experience is a huge asset in recruiting. His loyalties are 100% UConn and would bring some stability.

Yeah. No. I love that Dan is staying close to the program and he is such an ambassador for UCONN football. But a playing career does not make you able to step in and become a college coordinator right out of the nfl.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Hopefully this isn't an early indication that Benedict is about to leave for the Auburn AD spot. Obviously Lashlee came to UConn because of his connection to AD David Benedict. Maybe AD David Benedict gave him a quick heads up that he was not going to be at UConn shortly and RL wanted to get out quickly without him. Again, hopefully this is not a nugget of bad news that indicates an avalanche of bad news. :mad:

Are you kidding me? Benedict is the best thing to happen to UConn in a long time and I hope he stays a long time.

Reaction Score
Are you kidding me? Benedict is the best thing to happen to UConn in a long time and I hope he stays a long time.

Benedict will not be here for the long haul. If we are lucky, Benedict will be at UConn when the next football season begins.............But I wouldn't bet my house on it.........

Reaction Score
Does anyone else think this could be a mutual parting of ways? I really don't think it is too far fetched, especially if Edsall has a good replacement lined up next...

Reaction Score
Please let this not mean that the UConn offense is gonna revert to a run right, run left, run up the middle style offense of HCRE 1.0, HCPP and HCBD. That would be an aweful setback to a program despirate for anything that might be exckting to potential recruits, particularly WRs and QBs.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Please let this not mean that the UConn offense is gonna revert to a run right, run left, run up the middle style offense of HCRE 1.0, HCPP and HCBD. That would be an aweful setback to a program despirate for anything that might be exckting to potential recruits, particularly WRs and QBs.

We don't have the backs or the line to do that even if we wanted to--I wouldn't worry about it. Edsall remarked on the need to play up tempo offense before Lashlee even came in. We'll figure it out.

Reaction Score
Hope there was a deal we don't play SMU anytime soon.

Reaction Score
I'll bet this has a lot more to do with recruiting(or lack there of) talented enough kids to compete using the offensive schemes he wants to utilize and Lashlee figures not at UConn. It's an anchor weight that continually holds this program back.

Reaction Score
I'll bet this has a lot more to do with recruiting(or lack there of) talented enough kids to compete using the offensive schemes he wants to utilize and Lashlee figures not at UConn. It's an anchor weight that continually holds this program back.

I don't think that has anything to do with it. I suspect working for half what he's worth had a bigger role. Combine that with him not being an Edsall guy and it just wasn't meant to last.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom