Rhett Lashlee Gone -- OC at SMU | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Rhett Lashlee Gone -- OC at SMU

Reaction Score
No attack here whaler but a difference of opinion. I would say he moved boldly on Diaco had he fired him before signing off on a contract extension. Bold would have been saying I don't care what Warde thought, he is no longer here and I am. Bold would have been, I'm sorry for what you have already approved Susan but you hired me for a reason.
It took a lot of negative feedback from season ticket holders to make his decision. He simply made the right one after the fact and too late to save the school a lot of ching. Bold would have been walking in the door and saying hi and goodbye to BD in the same sentence. Again no malice but he only did what anyone would have. Just my opinion but his pedigree should have had him taking action sooner rather than later.
You're insinuating he should've walked in the door and fired a head coach who just went to a bowl?

Reaction Score
I love Orlavsky as much as the next guy. He's a UCONN legend, but there's no way he should be given even a look at OC. He has zero coaching experience whatsoever at any level of football and doesn't he not even have his master's yet? So I don't think he can at all right now

Reaction Score
I had made a comment last season that after a couple games where the offense was clearly our best unit, Randy kind of threw him under the bus in the post game presser rather than praise him.

Blaming the offense no huddle for leaving the defense on the field too long and not scoring in the red zone. It was all very strange to me unless they did not interact well. The other factor was whose hire the OC’s (DB) was and whose hire the DC’s (RE) was.
This is a huge loss.
Chief, I'm pretty level-headed, But STFU. Your 'I know everything about all things UConn football and hoops' is a drag. My guess is that your a Video team type who works in the AD and has absolutely zero juice but hears a bunch of stuff third hand. Time to humble yourself

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I am working under the assumption the extension was negotiated before he arrived even if it was signed after.
AD David Benedict should have ripped it up and said "sucks to be you." That's what Edsall did to a kid and was cheered for it.

Reaction Score
Folks...There's no way to spin this positively. Sorry to say that. The perception will be that an 'up and comer' came in for a year, drastically improved the O and then left under the cover of darkness. This is horrible for a program whose D could be worse than last year (if that's possible) and whose O loses its QB and top RB. Next year could be very dark.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
AD David Benedict should have ripped it up and said "sucks to be you." That's what Edsall did to a kid and was cheered for it.

Susie Lax made the deal. What can he do about it?

Reaction Score
Folks...There's no way to spin this positively. Sorry to say that. The perception will be that an 'up and comer' came in for a year, drastically improved the O and then left under the cover of darkness. This is horrible for a program whose D could be worse than last year (if that's possible) and whose O loses its QB and top RB. Next year could be very dark.

Gosh ... you are a New England curmudgeon.

There is so much of this type of Offense in CFB these days that I do think Randy will bring someone good in to continue the progress. And on Defense, we have to be better. I do not see Dark at all.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
Not sure that will be the perception. Auburn to UConn, then lateral to SMU. Was passed over for the RU job. Can’t see Rutgers passing on a real up and comer. We may be blinded by the offensive improvement, which is the only way that our offensive performance could go. Didn’t see a big impact on recruiting. I will trust that Randy will find an OC that is at least the level of Lashlee.

C

Chief00

Chief, I'm pretty level-headed, But . Your 'I know everything about all things UConn football and hoops' is a ing drag. My guess is that your a Video team type who works in the AD and has absolutely zero juice but hears a bunch of stuff third hand. Time to humble yourself

My colleague, as noted RE said all this in a post game presser. How humbling is that.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Not sure that will be the perception. Auburn to UConn, then lateral to SMU. Was passed over for the RU job. Can’t see Rutgers passing on a real up and comer. We may be blinded by the offensive improvement, which is the only way that our offensive performance could go. Didn’t see a big impact on recruiting. I will trust that Randy will find an OC that is at least the level of Lashlee.
It wouldn’t surprise me if RU concluded he was going to be a one year man and so they passed.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
People, UConn is a stepping stone school. You need to get used to this sort of thing because it is going to happen every year. Anytime any coach has any success at UConn they're going to leave UConn for more money and a better job. We are a mid-major athletically and a proving ground for coaches who want to coach in a power conference. This is not the end of the world. We'll just bring in someone else.
I don’t disagree with this one bit but it doesn’t apply at all to this situation. RL didn’t use UConn to step up to a P5 program. He took a step down to come here and then made a lateral move to SMU. Last I checked, that’s not using UConn as a stepping stone. Sure he might make more st a SMU but he isn’t stepping up.

It’s an odd situation but it really might boil down to getting more money and moving south for family.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom