Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season | Page 38 | The Boneyard

Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Fox is moving out of the college football business
Fox is actually trying to make their move in college football. They just got their own pregame show featuring urban Meyer

Reaction Score
It was (peak) Courtney Cox IIRC
1123-emmy-single-credit.jpg

Reaction Score
Considering it's mentioned countlessly? Nope. This is a college board, correct? These kids go to class?

Lame board. No vision. We got really weak and pathetic fans. No plans what to do with the football program just stated by media. If we don't make it to the P5, joke will be on our fans. This is an unprecedented move.

I’m definitely weak and pathetic but I love this move and can care less what happens to our football program. Save it, dump it, whatever.

Reaction Score
Fox is actually trying to make their move in college football. They just got their own pregame show featuring urban Meyer

It's a curious way to make a move, selling all your rights to the plum properties you own.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They should have built the football stadium on campus, we’d be in the ACC for sure by now.
Then we can turn the barn into a theater and put on a show!

Reaction Score
Mixed feeing toward this however comparing the options of remaining in AAC and leaving for NBE I think jumping ship is the best option for the school at this moment. Reality is the football program wasn’t getting anywhere. There was never any solid evidence of B10,B12, or ACC showing any interest in the school. We’re waiting for the day that will never come.

At this point I just want to see a competitive league. Most of the AAC seasons were wasted. I miss MSG atmosphere and the sell out crowd. Being able play against schools like Georgetown, Providence, Seton Hall, St. John’s and others is a much better option than playing the schools in AAC (with exception of DePaul) Yes, it’s not the BE and it’s like living the past but these can be renewed and has the potential to recapture the glory. The reactions from most the NBE schools have been positive. I’m excited about renewing the rivalries especially with GT and PC. Villanova have been very impressive lately winning two national championships. The new additions - Butler, Creighton, and Xavier are promising schools. It’s going to take a few years to get used to but I believe it will benefit UConn in the long run especially when NBE get a new TV contract. I don’t see much to gain by staying in AAC.

"Football program wasn't getting anywhere."

Except 6 bowls including the Fiesta.

2 bad coaching hires and we just quit. The Connecticut way.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
1. Inept leadership and a lack of any vision years ago screwed our P5 ambition. We should be in the ACC. Period.

2. P5 isn't expanding. That dream is dead. The incremental value any new add would have to bring to a league would be a huge figure to increase a payout across the board.

3. The Big East will be a huge boost to hoops. Meaningful games, crowds, recruiting, coverage, rivals, it's not the old Big East but the double round robin plus MSG is going to be awesome.

4. For those saying football is now dead, where have you been the past 8 years? Even if UConn got better - and our ceiling is what 8 wins - nobody cares about the opponents and nobody ever will.

5. I think the ESPN+ deal was the final straw. That was an absolute disgrace of a contract. Playing on some bizare channel in front of 761 people vs Tulane will not be missed.

6. I say try and make a go of it as a FBS Independent for as long as the school can stomach the subsidy. I imagine SNY would pick up our games and I imagine Fox helping us schedule some opponents. Obviously no bowl tie-ins or national coverage for home games but I'll need to see the final details before concluding something.

7. I think there's a miniscule chance that in the future the leagues may break up into smaller, more regional leagues. Keeping a program would allow us to join something like that down the line.

7/7

Reaction Score
"Football program wasn't getting anywhere."

Except 6 bowls including the Fiesta.

2 bad coaching hires and we just quit. The Connecticut way.
5 of those bowls were in the old big east. Only 1 bowl and 6 losing seasons in the AAC is were we are now. We were the worst team in College Football this year and we were just hoping to hold teams to under 50 points during a game. It was a disgrace of a football team unfortunately. I don't understand how football fans didn't see the writing on the wall. Uconn couldn't afford to support this football team anymore with no light at the end of the tunnel coming.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Never been happier to see a bunch of whiners whine.
Imagine whining about not being able to eventually get your mythical P-5 invite coming off a season where your team lost every game by an average of 5 touchdowns? Some of the most delusional people I’ve ever seen. Their beloved football program nearly sunk our entire athletic department.

Reaction Score
Imagine whining about not being able to eventually get your mythical P-5 invite coming off a season where your team lost every game by an average of 5 touchdowns? Some of the most delusional people I’ve ever seen. Their beloved football program nearly sunk our entire athletic department.
And basketball has been doing so well. Put down the crack pipe.

Reaction Score
A myth to losers. Are you even a graduate? The football team was formed first and gave the AD visibility first long ago. Every state flagship school besides Vermont has a football program. Our goal has been to become a typical modern state flagship school in a strong conference that houses alike schools. Thickheaded people like you are the obstacle.

Reaction Score
One thing. I am not sure how I feel. The conference is definitely on the rise. The NBE is not. Having said that, they negotiated a very mediocre deal(the conference). They SHOULD have started their own TV network. The football program will probably sink even lower if that is possible. The baseball in the conference was also on the rise. Apparently this is done. I can't wait until we play Creighton...not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom