Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season | Page 32 | The Boneyard

Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I mean they may be dumb but they're not THAT dumb.

:(

Just wondering what gives you confidence.

1. Diaco
2. Pasqualoni
3. Brining back Edsall
4. The Rent
5. So many many many bad decisions.

What gives you confidence?

Also, UConn is pretty forthright that they hate their stadium agreements.

What do they owe anyone to do with the Rent, given the past rancor?

Does UConn care what happens to the Rent?

If UConn doesn't find a smaller conference, it can't stay D1. It can't be an independent.

It would struggle finding games and it wouldn't be able to recruit anyone anyway. It couldn't afford the rent on the Rent.

I can't see how they would survive outside a conference.

Reaction Score
People care about football in the northeast. You might have heard of these teams called the Patriots, Giants and maybe even a butt fumbling franchise called the Jets. Why don't we sell out 90,000 seat stadiums? Because we don't really have national powerhouse teams. Why not? Probably because the northeast isn't a hotbed for football talent compared with the south and to a lesser extent the midwest. Win and they will come.

Reaction Score
I know, right?!! And men’s basketball has been a losing team for three straight seasons!!! There’s no way you can ever fix that! Oh my God… Why don’t people realize this!! And did I mention we were totally losing money!!. I mean if we can’t compete in the American, not exactly known as a basketball conference, how the heck can we compete in the Big East?!! I mean… We can’t even make it to the NCAA tourney!! It’s over! We should just terminate all sports!! My God, why can’t people see this?!!!!!!!!!
It will be easier to fix the losing hoop tea m in the NBE. It is a pretty mediocre league with 1 good team. Hard to believe we are now lower than Temple as far as athletics goes. The casual fan will be happy I guess. We are now a regional program. Killer is UMass is probably going to replace us.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
You have to understand Big East sources don’t care about football - it’s about Fox Sports ponying up up dollars, SNY and UConn monetizing the WBB franchise and the NBE locking up MSG forever. Hurley is going to kill it on the recruiting trail.
I am going to withhold my comments on football.
I am about 15 hours late on this and started reading from the top and agree that football will Get games against Big 10 teams I’d Fix has anything to do with it. Schedule Acc as much as can and MAC

Reaction Score
The AAC is going to get poached in the next round of expansion. We will certainly lose UCF and USF and probably Houston, Memphis or Cincinnati. There is no future for us in the AAC. Let's move on before the AAC ship sinks.

The next round of expansion will be the leftovers of the Big 12 adding members.

If they are forced to take Houston or Memphis or such schools, they are going to get creamed with their new contract. They are not adding markets with those schools.

Obviously, the current B12 schools don't see any value with what's out there or they would have added a few years ago. BUT, if they are forced to add, they will add complete wipeouts in terms of interest or markets. These are schools that are not worth more than $5-6m a year to the conference.

Reaction Score
People care about football in the northeast. You might have heard of these teams called the Patriots, Giants and maybe even a butt fumbling franchise called the Jets. Why don't we sell out 90,000 seat stadiums? Because we don't really have national powerhouse teams. Why not? Probably because the northeast isn't a hotbed for football talent compared with the south and to a lesser extent the midwest. Win and they will come.
6 out of 32 NFL franchises are in the Bos-Wash megalopolis. Now fans can see Redskins games as they live out their so cute memories at Georgetown on the same weekend. Or do the same with the Eagles and Villanova.

Is the northeast becoming a retirement home community?

Reaction Score
This decision means UConn football is dead. They are saying that football will remain FBS and that nothing has been decided. But the reality is that the football team has nowhere to go. And frankly, this decision only makes sense in the absence of football. So in a little while they will announce with great regret that UConn is shutting down its football program and they understand how much pain this will cause to some people and they hope the boosters and fans will not over react and blah, blah, blah. But when they think people aren't listening they will say among themselves "We finally got rid of it."

As a famous university president once said "These things must be done delicately."
This. One can say football was dead anyway, but this is the equivalent of pulling the plug on life support.

Reaction Score
Back where UConn belongs, playing against Northeast teams for the most part. I am excited about the future for the UConn Basketball program for the first time in a long time!

We were a national brand. :(

Reaction Score
Um, the school has stated that being a peer of those schools is a goal.

Like I said, we got some not so bright fans.

Cool! Great goal.

Reaction Score
Never, ever, happening. Maybe big 12 or ACC, but Big 10 is never happening for them.
As an Ohio State alumnus, I can tell you with 99%+ certainty that Cincy will never be allowed in the B1G. Never.

Before I am flamed, I attend 5 UConn football and basketball games every year. This is great for basketball, and the death of football.

Reaction Score
The report is true - basketball is heading to Big East. Chief has been holding back on publicizing this news but here it is.
About an hour too late.

For its “blaze”, “dam”, B-E you’re out at the old ball game.

Reaction Score
To be published next year:

“Both UConn and Cincinnati had been under consideration for a Big Ten invite, but when UConn left for the New Big East it confirmed the concerns about its football program and made Cincinnati the easy choice.”
I don’t see the Bearcats getting an invite to the B10 ever because Ohio State would never allow for it to happen. There are more Ohio state fans in Cincinnati than bearcats fans anyways

Reaction Score
I don’t see the Bearcats getting an invite to the B10 ever because Ohio State would never allow for it to happen. There are more Ohio state fans in Cincinnati than bearcats fans anyways
This. Ohio State will never ever allow it. There is bad blood between the schools that goes back to the 60's.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

No chance in the B1G. Top of the list for Big 12. Memphis, Houston and UCF are probably the others right now. We’ve now fallen below all of them. Pretty sad.

Reaction Score
I selfishly like the move back to the big east..... I hate to see the Cincy rivalry end because it became such a great game to go to with my fellow UC alum. However it also allows me to not feel awkward rooting against my alma mater every time UConn came here. It allowed me to finally see UConn basketball live and I’ll always be glad that happened after dreaming of seeing the Huskies as a kid.

It also allows me to go to more road games. I will be at every Xavier, DePaul and Butler game from here on out whereas I was only able to see the UC game each year

Reaction Score
No chance in the B1G. Top of the list for Big 12. Memphis, Houston and UCF are probably the others right now. We’ve now fallen below all of them. Pretty sad.
Not necessarily. All we need/had to do is/was right the football program.

Being in the Big East would suck.

Reaction Score
Agreed I think UC fits the B12 better anyways and out of the schools you listed I think UC has been the most consistent with regard to football and basketball. If UC could keep a football coach lol.... I’m hoping Fickell sticks around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom