Report....Narduzzi turns down offer | The Boneyard

Report....Narduzzi turns down offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
You have it wrong. Narduzzi accepted but the CT high school football coaches turned him down, so the offer was rescinded.

Reaction Score
Any confirmation of this from a credible source?

Lets do what it takes to get Nard!

Reaction Score
Sounds like a BS reason. So be it. This had about a twenty percent chance of happening. NEXT!!!!

Reaction Score
This is a HUGE watchout - if we are not ready to pay assistants what they can make at a BCS program, it will severely reduce the pool to select from and send a loud message.

Reaction Score
Doubt this is the last time we hear a name has turned down an offer. Too bad he was top on my list.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I hope this is just a ploy to drive up the prices for the assistants, that's my hope at least

Reaction Score
Is there any lazier description of someone, be it an athlete or a coach, than a "proven winner." Guys can be "proven winners" until they aren't. See Tebow, Tim. How about we search for more quantifiable success before throwing around bland, meaningless descriptions.

Reaction Score
If this was leaked by anyone at UConn, the entire UConn AD administration should be fired. Why would you ever put this out there that you were turned down due to Assistant Coaches salaries (even if that is what PN said)?!

If it's not UConn then it is Parker.

Reaction Score
He's not a proven winner, I don't understand that sentiment. Hasn't won a conference championship at any level since 2004.

So in your mind Edsall wasn't a good coach until 2010.

Reaction Score
Actually he may have helped us out by letting everyone k ow we are willing to pay good for coaches. The fact he used the witd robust for his assistants tells me he was shooting for the moon and we didnt go for it. I am sure the other candidates can read between the li es

Reaction Score
Sorry to hear about that. But move on, try to find the next guy. Felt it was a distinct possibility but you always gotta swing for the fences.

RE: Firing someone... I mean. Good luck with that.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Why is anyone assuming we don't pay assistants at BCS levels? Just because this guy turned it down because he didn't like the assistant coach salary pool? Coming up with hypothetical numbers here, but if the average BCS assistant coach pool is 10 mill and we are offering 10 but Narduzzi wants 12 for his assistants, we aren't offering too little for assistants.

There is no direct correlation between Narduzzi not liking the salary pool number and that number not being in line with BCS averages.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Sounds like a BS reason. So be it. This had about a twenty percent chance of happening. NEXT!!!!

If true, it is absolutely not a BS reason. All good coaches these days are negotiating, not only their contracts, but for how much they'll have to pay their assistants. The good coaches all know now, that you have to have high quality assistants to succeed.

Reaction Score
If true, it is absolutely not a BS reason. All good coaches these days are negotiating, not only their contracts, but for how much they'll have to pay their assistants. The good coaches all know now, that you have to have high quality assistants to succeed.
Well if u turned down an offer called aggressive so your buddies can make an extra hundre grand each does that make sense. It will be interesting to see when he gets a head-coaching job what the assistants make. How do we conpare with mich state assistant pay?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well if u turned down an offer called aggressive so your buddies can make an extra hundre grand each does that make sense. It will be interesting to see when he gets a head-coaching job what the assistants make. How do we conpare with mich state assistant pay?

Good grief it's not about getting your buddies paid it's about attracting people you feel you can win with.

This is starting to look like amature hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom