Report....Narduzzi turns down offer | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Report....Narduzzi turns down offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
This from Spartan Nation
"Sources inside the UCONN athletic department told Spartan Nation that, “Pat (Narduzzi) met with Warde Manuel (UCONN AD) on Monday in Atlanta. He was very impressive. After he (Narduzzi) won the Broyles award on Tuesday, Manuel again contacted and asked Narduzzi and Donna (his wife) to meet him at a law office in Atlanta. Subsequently Pat was offered a five year deal on Tuesday night and earlier this morning turned the job down.”

If this is true.....

Exac

Sorry to hear about that. But move on, try to find the next guy. Felt it was a distinct possibility but you always gotta swing for the fences.

RE: Firing someone... I mean. Good luck with that.
Sorry to hear about that. But move on, try to find the next guy. Felt it was a distinct possibility but you always gotta swing for the fences.

RE: Firing someone... I mean. Good luck with that.

True. We Asked the Homecoming queen to the prom and she shot us down. Move on to the cute chick next door. Hope she says yes , but if not? Your cousin? Is TJ our cousin?

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Maybe Narduzzi saw the poll on the Boneyard that says 60%+ of Husky fans want him as coach and is playing hardball. Either that or Weist's supporters are trying to sabotage the process. I have a very bad feeling that WM is going to F this up and we'll end up with another sucky, if younger version of PP.

Reaction Score
Warde has screwed up nearly everything else to this point.

I'm never gonna forget about the debacle that was the ACC expansion process b/w UCONN & Louisville. Warde was completely missing and clueless then.

Reaction Score
Couldn't a tweet from UCONN or a beat writer put this to rest. A simple, no offer has been extended?

Reaction Score
FASTEDDY said:

I'm never gonna forget about the debacle that was the ACC expansion process b/w UCONN & Louisville. Warde was completely missing and clueless then.

And you know this how? You don't know how it went down. Lighten up.

Bill Sussman

My Name isn't really Bill
Reaction Score
Narduzzi counters with a bigger offer. Warde leaks the rejection to a less than reputable source to gauge the reaction of the Boneyard to determine his next move.....

Someone get me the conspiracy kitty!

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
No, Warde was partying in St Thomas at a women's early season conference tourney "monitoring" the situation

To this point, you can put WM, Suzq and PP in any order on who has caused more damage on UConn athletics.

Reaction Score
This is wasted bandwidth. None of this is confirmed and all of the candidates could not have been interviewed. Move this to the Cesspool.

Reaction Score

Yes it didn't "look good" but Warde couldn't have changed anything about Louisville (see FSU's football focus, Hathaway's prior "leadership", etc) ...but if it makes you feel better, go ahead and vent. Unfortunately it won't change the facts that your anger is misplaced.

Looking at Warde's hires, they have been solid as an AD...look at Buffalo, a dead end job if there ever was one...results with Gill and Quinn have been very impressive. Both got Buffalo on a winning track...no small task.

Let's see what Warde does here. I am confident it will be a HUGE improvement over Hathaway.

Reaction Score
Incorrect, he was the OC there for two seasons before being promoted to HC. Huge difference going from FCS to BCS coordinator as opposed to HC.
I stand corrected. I'm sure there are other examples though, a few another poster mentioned after me.

Reaction Score
Michigan State sports reporter with the Lansing State Journal:

chrissolari7:46pm via web
From Pat Narduzzi: "I was honored to be considered by Warde Manuel and the University of Connecticut for its head coaching position. (cont)

chrissolari7:47pm via web
Pat Narduzzi: "(cont) After consideration, I have withdrawn from the search, and I'm devoting my full attention (cont.)...

Pat Narduzzi: "...to our players and team in preparation for our Rose Bowl game. Go Spartans!"

That's the first word from MSU defensive coordinator Pat Narduzzi on turning down the UConn job (courtesy MSU Athletic Communications).

Also:http://coachingsearch.com/coaching-search-ticker

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Pete Roussel ‏@coachingsearch5m
Michigan State announces that Pat Narduzzi has officially withdrawn from the UConn head coaching search. http://Post original url/1berjMn

It's done. He said he has withdrawn. Wants to focus on the Rose Bowl.

Reaction Score
Not true. Assistant coach salaries are a significant budget item -- at most BCS schools the sum of all assistant coach salaries is equal to the head coach salary, so we're talking $3 million per year at many schools. At UConn there might be a $2 million budget for assistants; but maybe to make more room in the head coach salary they cut it. Regardless, the budget for assistants is probably well below the average BCS school, and this limits Narduzzi's ability to put together his staff.

If Narduzzi knows who he would bring in as assistants, he also knows how much they cost, and what budget he needs. If he couldn't get that budget, couldn't get his staff, he might reasonably turn the job down, even if his own salary was attractive. It's not just about money, but about being able to succeed. If you don't trust your staff, you don't trust your odds of success.

Ahhh... occassionally the block C stands for common sense. You could not be more correct on your assessment. Many here must have quickly forgotten this was one of Randy's biggest complaints. UCONN was the lowest paying school in The Big East for assistants, this documented on this site many times.

I personally saw him call out Jeff Hathaway at an incoming recruit gathering at The Dog House in front of three to four hundred people. This after the coaches showed the film and talked about the new players they had an open Q&A from the fans. When asked what he could do to get a little more money for his assistants he bellowed and called out (pointed right at) Jeff in the front row. "Ask that man right there! Ask that man right there!"

Never saw such a demeaning awkward moment in my life amongst professionals, but most everyone in the room I would think season ticket holders already knew of the hatred and the fact of the ching $$$ situation....

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Good to know that UConn not commenting on the search at all leaves plenty of media space for candidates who reject the job to dance in the end zone.

Reaction Score
Good luck to Pat. Will be very interested to see how much money he makes the next 4-5 years.

I'll take Lembo.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score

I think guys like you are a hoot. Are you hiding in WMs mind so you know exactly what he's been doing. I have news for everyone. Don't pay any attention until they hire someone. Then you'll know something real.

Reaction Score
Something up here. People do not turn down $2.0+ million unless it was mutually agreed that it was not a fit. The old I quit because I wanted to spend more time with the family. Of course he does not want to spend more time with his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom