2025 Recruiting: - Reibe set to announce this week | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Reibe set to announce this week

Reaction Score
Kalk is bigger and I'm not sure Reibe will be that kind of defensive presence but Reibe also won't be in college for 5 years like Kalk. He's likely 1 or 2 and done, he's your classic Euro big who can stroke it from everywhere that the NBA loves so much.
I am very tempted to wordplay this post, but I really don't want my account suspended.

Reaction Score
This is championship level recruiting. Huge get, and Mullins too. Darius Adams already, and maybe Nico Bundalo? I think Bundalo at the 4 playing alongside a 5 of Reed or Reibe makes us really hard to beat. In addition to the backcourt and wings we will have UConn is in contention for more championships for the next couple of years. Now, if we can get the seats worked out, it'll be even better.

Last edited:

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
reibe's game has this understated skill feel. he can do a lot but he's also doing the simple but effective things.
I could be wrong from the limited tape I watched, but his game reminds me of a slightly less physical Hunter Dickenson.

Reaction Score
This is championship level recruiting. Huge get, and Mullins too. Darius Adams already, and maybe Nico Bundalo? I think Bundalo at the 4 playing alongside a 5 of Reed or Reibe makes us really hard to beat. In addition to the backcourt and wings we will have UConn is in contention for more championships for the next couple of years.
This is how I feel as well. Nowell, Adams, Stewart slashing with Mullins on the outside. Talent wise this could be the MOST talented UCONN team assembled. Not the most dominant or best overall but talent wise, it would be really hard to compare ESPECIALLY if Mahaney and Reed are above average

JerseyAlum

St. Anthony's Fan; UConn tennis alum
Reaction Score
Hard to judge talent coming in (HS recruit ratings) vs how they end up. I mean we have so many "mid" recruits that come in as frosh or transfer and get better. Maybe it's the Hurley factor, but as I see our incoming frosh are getting higher rated I hope we get the same improvements!

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
Reibe or not Reibe.
IMG_0002.jpeg

Sorry I couldn’t resist.

awy

Reaction Score
he's got a 29 Jun 2006 birthday. probably can't grow more? FIBA listed height is 209 cm, 7' elsewhere.

Reaction Score
I won't believe until I see that UConn hat or jersey revealed. UConn is the perfect fit but stranger things have happened.
This is exactly my though process, too. It's not a done deal until he announces it.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
We might even bring in 5 (with Furphy not having the expectation for now of guaranteed playing time) He would be a great off-the-bench guy in year 2 and move into a solid rotational guy in years 3 and 4. He loves Hurley and I think he can be sold on that.

We are losing Samson, Diarra, Karaban, and McNeeley, and possibly Stewart. Plus we are one scholarship down.

Reaction Score
I've made that comparison as well. They move similarly. Reibe probably passes a smidge better and is a step down on defense. But we're also comparing a 17-year-old to... what, a 35 year old? I feel like we've been playing Kalk for a decade.
Like that dude from Pitt...forgot his name

Reaction Score
We might even bring in 5 (with Furphy not having the expectation for now of guaranteed playing time) He would be a great off-the-bench guy in year 2 and move into a solid rotational guy in years 3 and 4. He loves Hurley and I think he can be sold on that.

We are losing Samson, Diarra, Karaban, and McNeeley, and possibly Stewart. Plus we are one scholarship down.
My problem with all these new recruits is their athletic talent. I don't want a team filled with non-athletes. That is why I'm not interested in Furphy if we get the other guys. UConn has never been that way and I don't want to start. We would feel like Duke then. LOL! I think if we get the 4 guys stated including Adams we already have then I prefer we get an athlete if not in the freshman class at least in the transfer portal. I feel with a bunch of non-athletes are defense will suffer greatly especially with no 7-2 Clingnan to help out. At least the starting lineup this past year had Castle who was an above average athlete, great defender and Diarra, Johnson off the bench.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
My problem with all these new recruits is their athletic talent. I don't want a team filled with non-athletes. That is why I'm not interested in Furphy if we get the other guys. UConn has never been that way and I don't want to start. We would feel like Duke then. LOL! I think if we get the 4 guys stated including Adams we already have then I prefer we get an athlete if not in the freshman class at least in the transfer portal. I feel with a bunch of non-athletes are defense will suffer greatly especially with no 7-2 Clingnan to help out. At least the starting lineup had Castle who was an above average athlete, great defender and Diarra, Johnson off the bench.
Honestly like Adams as the star of the group, but agreed we probably need an athletic wing to go in the mix.

We do have Abraham from last year to fill that role though who should be a 3+ year guy. Same with Ross.

Reaction Score
My problem with all these new recruits is their athletic talent. I don't want a team filled with non-athletes. That is why I'm not interested in Furphy if we get the other guys. UConn has never been that way and I don't want to start. We would feel like Duke then. LOL! I think if we get the 4 guys stated including Adams we already have then I prefer we get an athlete if not in the freshman class at least in the transfer portal. I feel with a bunch of non-athletes are defense will suffer greatly especially with no 7-2 Clingnan to help out. At least the starting lineup this past year had Castle who was an above average athlete, great defender and Diarra, Johnson off the bench.
We have Abraham, Ball, Ross, Nowell and Tarris Reed still here. Mahaney is pretty athletic as well.

awy

Reaction Score
furphy isn't a non-athlete. strength is a kind of athleticism too. it's just a matter of using him appropriately and you can't get better at that than this staff.

Reaction Score
We have Abraham, Ball, Ross, Nowell and Tarris Reed still here. Mahaney is pretty athletic as well.
I wouldn't call Mahaney Athtletic. He might be passable but that really isn't his strength. I would still would want another development athlete over Furphy. I think we will have filled enough with average to below athletes on the team with what we have. I like a good mix but slanted a little more to athletic like past great UConn teams. Last year's team wasn't super athletic but had Donovan Clingan to erase a lot of mistakes on defense. We won't have that on next year's team.

Reaction Score
Not having be the 5, but being a 4+ is great.

Big, long, with range will create a lot of space and room for movement for a Hurley offense. Love matching these two together plus having the muscle of Abraham and Reed (at least for 2025).

Strange but I am stoked even more for 2025 than 2024.
Enjoy the journey!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom