Regarding OT and non-basketball threads | The Boneyard

Regarding OT and non-basketball threads

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Just a reminder it’s ok to post threads on topics that would most likely be moved to the General board during the season. The Boneyard is a community, not just a bunch of random sports fans. We can use this time to share our interests and get to know one another better,

Reaction Score
Just a reminder it’s ok to post threads on topics that would most likely be moved to the General board during the off-season. The Boneyard is a community, not just a bunch of random sports fans. We can use this time to share our interests and get to know one another better,
Ok, I'm a Browns fan, love stacked sandwiches and I'm the best looking 76'er on the board.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Back in the day…I had a soft spot for Harald Stassen. I also appreciated Randolph Scott, the 1965 Jaguar XKE, and sundry other people and things well beyond my reach. Not that anybody should or does care…

Reaction Score
I've only had one full time job in my entire life (law enforcement) . I'm retiring on January 4,2022, which will be the 35th anniversary of my hire. I've resided in central NY all my life and my favorite teams are: NY Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Cornell University hockey and UConn women's basketball. Oh and I'll be a grandpa on June 28,2021

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I've only had one full time job in my entire life (law enforcement) . I'm retiring on January 4,2022, which will be the 35th anniversary of my hire. I've resided in central NY all my life and my favorite teams are: NY Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Cornell University hockey and UConn women's basketball. Oh and I'll be a grandpa on June 28,2021
Uh-oh. I went to Clarkson :cool: The women won a natty a couple years ago

Reaction Score
Uh-oh. I went to Clarkson :cool: The women won a natty a couple years ago
I have several friends from work who went to Clarkson. Apparently there was a pipeline from there to the Maryland State Highway Administration in the 1980's.

Reaction Score
Just a reminder it’s ok to post threads on topics that would most likely be moved to the General board during the season. The Boneyard is a community, not just a bunch of random sports fans. We can use this time to share our interests and get to know one another better,
But please use the OT prefix.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Back in the day…I had a soft spot for Harald Stassen. I also appreciated Randolph Scott, the 1965 Jaguar XKE, and sundry other people and things well beyond my reach. Not that anybody should or does care…
Old Harold Stassen was an interesting and talented guy who ended up the butt of many "loser" jokes. He was a liberal republican when those types existed. His first run for president, in 1948, had a chance until the GOP convention nominated Dewey who famously went on to defeat Truman! ;)
BTW, my first 'real' girlfriend had an older brother who owned a 1965 XKE. It was in pieces in their driveway most days, and he would get it all ready for the weekend, then tear it all apart to repair it again Sunday evening.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I performed on a show with Jackie Wilson in St. Louis in the fifties. Also, I never got drunk, never had a crush on Lori Saunders, never saw the Beatles or Elvis and I used to be a fanatical Philadelphia Phillies fan.:rolleyes: In the 1990's, '93-96, I coached a women's softball team that won four consecutive ASA State Tournaments and finished second in USSSA, twice. That was fun. Further, I love landscaping my yards with plants.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Ok, I'm a Browns fan, love stacked sandwiches and I'm the best looking 76'er on the board.
Challenge on the 76er. Once voted best toenails on the block. And no Brown’s fan can ever be best looking.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
My first trip in an airplane occurred when I was hitch hiking from Beverly, Ma. to Boston with my girlfriend. A guy stopped along the highway to give us a lift, and he turned off in a direction with which we were unfamiliar. He explained that he was a pilot for Eastern Airlines (it was long ago) and he was heading to work at Logan Airport. We pulled into a small local airfield, and got into his private plane for the flight into Logan. And he gave us a few bucks to spend and said goodbye. Just crazy what you do when you are 18.

Reaction Score
I saw the Dead, Allman Brothers, Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention (John and Yoko made a guest appearance), Jimi Hendrix when he recorded Band of Gypsys, Jethro Tull, Santana, Lee Michael’s and Taj Mahal, all in ‘70 and ‘71 at the Fillmore East. I occasionally play keyboard in a band...and I once won a contest for spitting furthest backwards into the wind.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom