Regarding OT and non-basketball threads | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Regarding OT and non-basketball threads

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Ok, my first real crush was in 4th grade on a girl named Rhonda Rapp who transferred in mid school year. What a hottie was my thought back then. If anyone knows who and where she is today....PM me :)
I have been told she is wrestling in the WWE under the name Mona Lott. Hope this helps. :cool:

Reaction Score
Responding to your question to Nan below, I've been to Lynah twice. Once I sat in the student section on the glass and got to go through the entire ritual, except the fish toss (not the Harvard game). (I had two kids go to Cornell, one was a huge hocky fan (my daughter, a hotelie).

Congrats on the upcomings - grandkid and retirement!
One of the best kept secrets in all of sports is the atmosphere at Lynah Rink. The pep band, the cheers and of course the fish for Harvard :) . Glad to hear that you experienced it a couple of times.

Reaction Score
I had two inadvertent meetings with Joe DiMaggio and Robert Kennedy.
1. Joe DiMaggio- My Mom fainted on the street near her work in Manhattan and was taken to the nearest hospital! I got a call from a friend of hers what happened, got a train in New London, CT (I was teaching/coaching in East Lyme) for NYC. Went to the hospital and was caught in the revolving doors with Joe D!
2. 1965 I was a senior in HS in Manhattan, near Carnegie Hall. Going to lunch in a hurray crashed into Robert Kennedy as he and two others exited the restaurant I was going to (The Stage Deli)! I didn't realize it till we recovered and I looked up! Talk about shock! He and I apologized to the other at the same time! Don't worry I didn't hurt him!

Reaction Score
I met Paulina Porizkova and Ron Ocasek at the graduation of my daughter and Paulina's brother from Sarah Lawrence College. I noticed them at the ceremony because she was jumping up and down yelling when her brother was presented with his degree. I ran into them later on the campus grounds, trying to manage their little son. They were friendly and she had a thick accent; I was tongue-tied because i had been a big Cars fan, but mostly because she is as beautiful in person as in photographs.

Reaction Score
i accidentally ran into jackie O and her secret service detail on the corner of 81st street and park avenue in Manhattan. I was a comm maintainer for Metro north and was walking the park ave tunnel from harlem to GCT. decide to take a lunch break so I poped the street exit grate from the tunnel to the street and came up face to face with Jackie and her 2 agents who pinned me against a wall and asked for my ID. She was waiting for her limo. She apologized to me as her car arrived and I went to lunch on second ave. Quite a day.

Reaction Score
I also held Niles Rogers guitar his million dollar hit make stratocaster after he left it on a train and it ended up in my office in New Haven. He got off at westport and forget his guitar in the overhead racks He drove to New Haven and i got to meet him and return his guitar to him.

Reaction Score
Years ago, I got upgraded on a flight from LA to New York, and sat next to Pierce Brosnan. I spoke briefly with him.

After we got off the plane, I heard him call his wife and say, "You'll never guess who I sat next to..."

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I got interviewed for 60 Minutes story on Geno and UConn but didn’t make it past editing.

Morley was living in Connecticut at the time. You may have seen him walking around in a Boneyard sweatshirt if you saw him in the state.
7FF96F40-4E69-4AAB-9D56-42AFB4495CD9.jpeg

Reaction Score
My school had a sports banquet some years ago and I sat opposite Cedric (Cornbread) Maxwell. He's a really nice guy, but I didn't talk too much with him, because sitting to my left was Bob Cousy. Needless to say I was in sports heaven talking with my sports hero Couz for a good part of an hour and a half. He's a true gentleman, and with Bill Russell is, I think, the last of the 50's Celtic dynasty.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom