Redundant? How Dawn Rounded Up 5 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Redundant? How Dawn Rounded Up 5

Reaction Score
11 is certainly better than 18, but I suspect the Gamecocks are still looking up at the Bulldogs & Tigers.

That’s very much true! It’s great talking football with you! We played Clemson close than we’ve had in a while and our QB had over 500 total yards so hopefully that’s a step in the right direction to get among the elite again.

Reaction Score
Not sure how many times I (we) have to post this before people get it???

UCONN has had 2 5 person classes that had all players stay and graduate.

Williams/Cash/Bird/Jones/Walters
Taurasi/Conlon/MValley/Battle/Moore

That was then, this is now!

Reaction Score
We recently signed a top 10 class nationally and signed a top 10 prospect and #1 player in S.C. this year so your entire statement is complete hogwash.

Actually 247sports has SC as #18(7th in the SEC) and the highest rated recruit Rick Sandidge was #141

Reaction Score
That’s very much true! It’s great talking football with you! We played Clemson close than we’ve had in a while and our QB had over 500 total yards so hopefully that’s a step in the right direction to get among the elite again.

Yeah, I'm not celebrating our rival pulling its starters with lots of time left in the 4th Q up four touchdowns.

UConn football is trash though so what are we even talking about?

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Actually 247sports has SC as #18(7th in the SEC) and the highest rated recruit Rick Sandidge was #141
Rick Sandidge is on this year's team; you must be looking at the 2018 class rankings.

Reaction Score
Rick Sandidge is on this year's team; you must be looking at the 2018 class rankings.

You're correct, my bad. This years recruiting class is #23 in the country and 11th in the SEC.

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
I read through this thread and ...wow...The whole "football team" and other swipes are going to make Dawn's class lose games ???? It makes it "not " one of the best ever ? If you think anything in this thread that was a negative swipe at Dawn or the South Carolina program is going to derail or lessen the impact this class will have on women's college basketball....well...that's about dumb. This is a remarkable haul and Dawn seems to have done what college programs are doing now. They are making the athletic environment a little more than "just basketball". These kids have lives outside of basketball and Dawn seemed to go that route to lure in the top talent. It won't work with every player but it will work with the majority of them. Basketball is work...there has to be a fun element also to entice today's players. It "IS" a changing culture ! This will be the first of many top classes if Dawn keeps this approach.

Reaction Score
I read through this thread and ...wow...The whole "football team" and other swipes are going to make Dawn's class lose games ???? It makes it "not " one of the best ever ? If you think anything in this thread that was a negative swipe at Dawn or the South Carolina program is going to derail or lessen the impact this class will have on women's college basketball....well...that's about dumb. This is a remarkable haul and Dawn seems to have done what college programs are doing now. They are making the athletic environment a little more than "just basketball". These kids have lives outside of basketball and Dawn seemed to go that route to lure in the top talent. It won't work with every player but it will work with the majority of them. Basketball is work...there has to be a fun element also to entice today's players. It "IS" a changing culture ! This will be the first of many top classes if Dawn keeps this approach.
Not to disagree, but success, whether recruiting or keeping your job as a coach, comes with winning. You can entertain (appeal to whatever their liking is) the recruits all you want, and it may work short term, but, for those wanting to play on the biggest stage in WCBB (at least the Final Four), it'll take winning to keep the top classes coming. As has been said many times, "Winning takes care of a lot of problems." We'll see what this #1 class produces.

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
Not to disagree, but success, whether recruiting or keeping your job as a coach, comes with winning. You can entertain (appeal to whatever their liking is) the recruits all you want, and it may work short term, but, for those wanting to play on the biggest stage in WCBB (at least the Final Four), it'll take winning to keep the top classes coming. As has been said many times, "Winning takes care of a lot of problems." We'll see what this #1 class produces.
It's still the ole..."you can't win without talent". This program came out of the blue. You can say what you want but Dawn recruited her way to wins...and therefore that fact has already been established. She won with....or without the talent of other teams through out the years. She was winning before Aja and Aja took it to another level, but that was expected, was it not ? I think Dawn and South Carolina are going to be relevant for years to come. Might as well get used to it.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Staley will always recruit well because she ingratiates herself with the players as if she's one of them. Personally, I find some of her comments and behavior icky at best, but it obviously works for her.

Reaction Score
But will they win anything while having all this fun....

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
But will they win anything while having all this fun....
That remains to be seen, but it's worked so far. I have seen several videos of the South Carolina girls dancing and having fun. I think that translates into winning. If you are happy, have talent and love what you do, that is a winning combination at any level ! I will admit that UCONN and Notre Dame seem to have a more work like approach...but that seems to work for them and their players.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom