Recruits at the Game | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Recruits at the Game

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
In re-watching the game Paige and Azzi were wearing UConn shirts sitting behind the UConn bench. Watch Paige's reaction on many UConn baskets in the 4th quarter. If any other college other than UConn wants to recruit these two you're going to have a mountain to overcome. What a backcourt these two are going to make.

"If any other college other than UConn wants to recruit these two you're going to have a mountain to overcome". I hope you're right Jordy.
Speaking of mountains...............I'd like to think that if any other program tries to recruit either these two young ladies, their efforts would be as successful as someone attempting to climb MT. Everest in the dead of winter, alone, with no equipment, wearing nothing but a smile. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Is the girl sitting right next to Fudd a recruit to? I believe I've seen her at a game before and looks a little like 2020 Marshall.

No other recruits were named by any of the Horde, so perhaps not.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Thanks. I missed a lot and will rematch. Azzi seemed less involved. Both Paige and Azzi were late getting to their seats after halftime.

Are recruits (like these young ladies) allowed to meet and interact with the players after the game? (locker room maybe) I know the coaches have to be careful in making contact with them. When potential recruits come to a game on their own, is the staff still restricted from greeting them and acknowledging their presence? I don't know what the current policies are on this.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Are recruits (like these young ladies) allowed to meet and interact with the players after the game? (locker room maybe) I know the coaches have to be careful in making contact with them. When potential recruits come to a game on their own, is the staff still restricted from greeting them and acknowledging their presence? I don't know what the current policies are on this.
Yes and no.
It is not a coincidence that the recruits always end up behind the UCONN bench. UCONN staff must have know they were coming right? UCONN provides those tickets 3 maximum per event. The only time you cannot talk with a coach during an unofficial visit is during a dead period. The other UCONN unwritten rule is that nothing interferes with game day preparation and routines.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Ah, my days of young and stupid. I probably descended to MD, too. Then there was Annie Green Springs, Boone’s Farm, and (God save me) “Key Largo.” It was around $2.50 a GALLON. It was so bad that my (now) wife refused to drink it. To understand Key Largo, think on the worst sangria you ever had, then cut it 50/50 with water from your garden hose.
One of our undergraduate favorites was Cold Bear. It had a polar bear on the label, and suggested that one should "Serve Incredibly Cold". That way it was harder to taste it, thankfully.

Carnac

Reaction Score
like the famous Melaga Cooler in "A New Leaf".

At least it wasn't Mogen David 20-20, which we used to call Mad Dog.

Ahhhhhh yesssss, those were the days. I remember them well! :rolleyes:

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
You didn't have "Yago Sant'gria" in your fine wine cellar? :p

No. When I was a graduate student, I could scarcely afford such high-end treats. When wine was beyond my reach, I bought Kingsbury Beer at 88 cents per six. It was, in fact, cheaper than Coke or Pepsi.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Well, Azzi was stoic. At the start of the 4th Aliyah and Paige were occupied eating. At 8:04 Paige pumps her fist after a Walker basket (Aliyah was still eating popcorn). At 7:28 Aliyah nods her head after a Nurse 3. Paige seemed to be looking away eating (ice cream?). Aliyah cheered after Crystal drops a dime to Z at 6:49. At 6:05 Paige stands in anticipation of a 3 point play on a put back by Z. Paige and Aliyah cheered when Crystal follows her missed 3 with a put back at 5:13. Aliyah and Paige cheered when Z gives them the lead at 4:39. Aliyah and Paige cheered Nurse's layup at 3:52. Paige and Aliyah cheered Nurse's put back at 3:00. Aliyah cheered Z's short jumper at 2:17. All in all that was demonstrative enough for me.
While I truly appreciate the minute by minute breakdown of the recruits every action, I must say that your account does sound a little like stalking to me....:cool:

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
They also do pretty well down in Dawnville. Not 15K, but pretty well.
I believe they averaged over 12,000 last year. I hear it was like the old days for UConn

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
While I truly appreciate the minute by minute breakdown of the recruits every action, I must say that your account does sound a little like stalking to me....:cool:
More like meta-appreciation. All third hand and all for public consumption. But I appreciate the suggestion that I'm young, energetic and perhaps stupid enough to even consider a first hand misdemeanor.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Adamec confirms that Aliyah Boston has an offer:

But more important to the Huskies were three high school stars sitting in the front row: 2017 United States U-16 teammates junior forward Aliyah Boston (Worcester Academy), sophomore point guard Paige Bueckers and freshman wing Azzi Fudd. For the Minnesota native Bueckers and Virginia native Fudd, it was their second unofficial visit to UConn in a month. All three have scholarship offers from UConn.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Adamec confirms that Aliyah Boston has an offer:

But more important to the Huskies were three high school stars sitting in the front row: 2017 United States U-16 teammates junior forward Aliyah Boston (Worcester Academy), sophomore point guard Paige Bueckers and freshman wing Azzi Fudd. For the Minnesota native Bueckers and Virginia native Fudd, it was their second unofficial visit to UConn in a month. All three have scholarship offers from UConn.
Boston is important for a lot of reasons. She’s a physical 6’4” post from UConn’s back yard and, rumor has it, Brunelle really enjoys playing together with her.

Reaction Score
Boston is important for a lot of reasons. She’s a physical 6’4” post from UConn’s back yard and, rumor has it, Brunelle really enjoys playing together with her.

I haven't watched Boston but I remember reading some of the rankers ' comments during the U16 trials and they generally felt she was the best post player in the group. One comment was that no one scored on her, or something to that effect. The only other thing is that I'm pretty sure she won player of the year as a freshman in Bent's prep league two seasons back and that league sent many many players to D1 teams. She's been attending UConn home games for a couple of years. I've read her name mentioned on the Irish board but I'd be shocked if she went anywhere but UConn.

Reaction Score
I haven't watched Boston but I remember reading some of the rankers ' comments during the U16 trials and they generally felt she was the best post player in the group. One comment was that no one scored on her, or something to that effect. The only other thing is that I'm pretty sure she won player of the year as a freshman in Bent's prep league two seasons back and that league sent many many players to D1 teams. She's been attending UConn home games for a couple of years. I've read her name mentioned on the Irish board but I'd be shocked if she went anywhere but UConn.

It really would be unseemly for a recruit by the name of Boston to leave New England to play bball............

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I haven't watched Boston but I remember reading some of the rankers ' comments during the U16 trials and they generally felt she was the best post player in the group. One comment was that no one scored on her, or something to that effect.

Kenny Kallina loved her defense. :eek:

Also, Mike Flynn called her the most dominant center in high school at the moment during the U16 trials.

Last edited:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
They also do pretty well down in Dawnville. Not 15K, but pretty well.

According to figures released by the NCAA, South Carolina led the country in women's basketball attendance, averaging 12,277 per contest. It is the third straight season the Gamecocks have led the country in average attendance. These stats are for the 2016-17 season. South Carolina drew 196,431 people for its 16 home games. Its game against Kentucky on Feb. 26 drew a sellout of 18,000 at Colonial Life Arena

Reaction Score
According to figures released by the NCAA, South Carolina led the country in women's basketball attendance, averaging 12,277 per contest. It is the third straight season the Gamecocks have led the country in average attendance. These stats are for the 2016-17 season. South Carolina drew 196,431 people for its 16 home games. Its game against Kentucky on Feb. 26 drew a sellout of 18,000 at Colonial Life Arena

But for some perspective, many of those tickets are almost given away. $30 for a SEASON TICKET. That is $2 per game! UConn has far more revenue from ticket sales.

Reaction Score

I think I saw them all together at angellinos after the game...

Reaction Score

I'll live with Boston if it means we get Bruney.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Go Dawn. WCBB needs you.

Reaction Score
But for some perspective, many of those tickets are almost given away. $30 for a SEASON TICKET. That is $2 per game! UConn has far more revenue from ticket sales.
They also get that big $EC money which UConn could only dream of. Tends to make the finances a little easier I imagine.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom