Recruiting Transfers - March | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Recruiting Transfers - March

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
did hurley coach against grady in the a-10? i imagine he has at least some sort of connection with the coaches down there...

Reaction Score
Claiming complete ignorance, how is Grady on the defensive end?
Not great but, honestly, we need to make that tradeoff. Unless Myreon Jones wants to come to UConn, this kid might be our best option.

Reaction Score
Gonna pass on recruiting mid-major wings.

Generally speaking, you can just cut their production in half when they get here.

Horchler, the transfer who drained 3's for Providence all year, came from low major North Florida. Solid on the boards too. Would have loved him on this year's team, he actually moves and gets himself open unlike Polley.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Everything you're saying points to the problem with Hurley never pushing the pace of play and having less athletic teams dictate how we play, Jackson should never be playing only 8 minutes. I never noticed you as a poster before recently, now I see why. Yikes.
Jackson would play more than 8 minutes but for the issue of fouling.

Reaction Score

Never seen him play but certainly sounds like UConn should at least inquire and do some evaluation. Assuming he's good enough, his description certainly looks like a better fit than 95% of the transfer names that are posted on here.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Bad take, top 100 recruit who tore it up for 4 years against solid competition, can shoot it, and score off the bounce, from West Roxbury. This kid is a no brainer for UConn. He does all the things we're looking for and is local.

I mean, I’m not in favor of blanket statements like his but I do recall an article last year around this time basically saying that lol

Reaction Score
He did his freshman year, also recruited him while at URI (along with Creighton, Villanova, Xavier, Butler for those who don't think he's a Big East level player)

Tom knows Davidson coach very well. With Bouk leaving and getting drafted, our recruiting pitch is probably better than all but the bluest of blue bloods.

Reaction Score
Just take Grady and Ingram and roll with whoever has the hot hand. Please not a kid who Hurley used to coach. We need to fill specific holes not try to patch guys in because they "know the system" or the culture for that matter. Solid hard workers who can create and shoot. And shoot.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
That kid Walker Kessler is a good one. If he were to come, no way Clingan comes. And I'm not saying that I don't like Clingan. This kid Kessler may end up a pro. He has good feet, he is highly-skilled, he just did not get to show his ability last year, and you couple this with two quarantines plus knee issues throughout the year. He is the equivalent of a major get who would immediately increase our chances of success next year and open the eyes of big men recruits down the road.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Just take Grady and Ingram and roll with whoever has the hot hand. Please not a kid who Hurley used to coach. We need to fill specific holes not try to patch guys in because they "know the system" or the culture for that matter. Solid hard workers who can create and shoot. And shoot.
Funny:)

the Q

Reaction Score
As of right now gimme the Davidson and vmi kids.

Then get a big and a combo guard.

Reaction Score

We recruited him before he committed last summer

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Bad take, top 100 recruit who tore it up for 4 years against solid competition, can shoot it, and score off the bounce, from West Roxbury. This kid is a no brainer for UConn. He does all the things we're looking for and is local.
Can Shabazz put in a good word?

the Q

Reaction Score

We recruited him before he committed last summer

Where do I sign up?

Reaction Score
From The Clemson Insider

Last season, Taylor led Heritage in scoring, averaging 21.6 points per game. He scored 540 points as a junior, adding in averages of 5.2 rebounds, 2.3 assists and 1.6 steals per contest. Taylor’s performance as a junior earned him a spot on the N.C. Basketball Coaches Association All-District Team.

Taylor has accumulated plenty of accolades, including being named to the HighSchoolOT.com All-State Team and earning NBCA All-District, Conference Player of the Year and First-Team All-Conference honors.

A two-time conference champion and state runner-up his freshman season, Taylor says he will bring a “winning mentality” to Clemson to go with his scoring prowess and disruptive defense on the court.

“I want to come in and the goal is just to win every game night in, night out,” he said. “I’m also someone that can score at all three levels and really is going to use my scoring ability to get other guys involved when the focus is on me … And then also use my length on defense to get deflections and things like that.”

Taylor chose Clemson over the 30 other schools on his offer list including Miami, Cincinnati and Marquette.

A few different factors played an important role in Taylor’s college decision and set the Tigers apart from the other programs that pursued him during his recruitment.

Reaction Score
Give me Greg Parham, Kellen Grady, Polley, and Whaley. That's my dream off-season. I'd love Fatts as well, i just don't think he'd want to take a back up role to Cole, even though he'd get 20 min a game easily

Reaction Score
Give me Greg Parham, Kellen Grady, Polley, and Whaley. That's my dream off-season. I'd love Fatts as well, i just don't think he'd want to take a back up role to Cole, even though he'd get 20 min a game easily
Haha, that would be a MONSTER team:

4: Whaley, Akok, Springs
3: Martin, Polley
5: Sanogo, Johnson
2: Grady, Parham, Hawkins
1: Cole, Gaffney, Diggins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors