Recruiting Transfers - March | Page 31 | The Boneyard

Recruiting Transfers - March

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Zionn ain't buyin' the portal craziness. Be patient. Trust the Carpenter.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Ahhh yeah. Got it. My mistake. I apologize to anyone I offended. I usually don’t chime in on these for a reason. I’ll crawl back to my cave now.
No need. All good here. I appreciate your point and thought you were spot on. Need good input on the BY!

Reaction Score
This is an insane take devoid of any knowledge of the college athlete experience. You have no idea what you are talking about here.

Wrong. Everything I said is 100 percent true. Keep amateur sports amateur. Let kids be kids. Say no to amateur basketball mercenaries.

Worry about the struggles of the average Joe college student. The 1% student athlete is not the one you should spend your time worrying about. The entitlement speaking about the struggles of Cade Cunningham, Jalen Suggs, and Evan Mobley is laughable.

They and every other basketball/football players are free to pursue their dreams outside of college if they so wish like Jalen Green and like Jonathan Kuminga.

#ReturnOfDaggerTreyTy

Reaction Score
It's really hard watching teams in this tournament that have actual shooters when we scored 54 points in our last game. If Hurley doesn't have the number 54 burned in his brain we're not gonna get the guys we need.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Wrong. Everything I said is 100 percent true. Keep amateur sports amateur. Let kids be kids. Say no to amateur basketball mercenaries.

Worry about the struggles of the average Joe college student. The 1% student athlete is not the one you should spend your time worrying about. The entitlement speaking about the struggles of Cade Cunningham, Jalen Suggs, and Evan Mobley is laughable.

They and every other basketball/football players are free to pursue their dreams outside of college if they so wish like Jalen Green and like Jonathan Kuminga.

#ReturnOfDaggerTreyTy
Sir what you are describing and wholeheartedly embracing is the essence of a one-sided deal. The exchange is overwhelmingly to the benefit of the University and its coffers. This is the issue. Players who generate revenue recognize their value. It's that simple. They understand that they receive a fraction of what they generate. They are rationale human beings who recognize the unfairness of the matter. Many simply demand a voice to begin communications. You suggest the professional path for the complainers, I think this is what you will see down the road.

Are you willing to sacrifice the talent drop-off? I understand there's a professional high school league on the horizon for this upcoming year. The options beyond Australia, G-Elite, etc., will continue to expand for the athlete and decisions will need to be made by university administrations, or welcome NAIA caliber hoop.

That breaking point is not yet here. Head in the sand administrators will look back down the road at missed opportunities to address the inequities and to make it workable for coaches, players and university administrators.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Noticing a little bit of a trend where good perimeter players who struggle shooting are entering the portal at a high clip, mostly due to playing time. Richmond, JAR, etc.

My uncle who used to coach CT public ball and I were talking about this extreme emphasis being placed on shooting. He said to me “It’s easier to motivate the shooters to defend, than it is to teach the defenders how to shoot.”

Reaction Score
Wahab coached by Ewing, team on a roll, winning the Big East, being highly touted, playing a ton. Swider? Coached by Jay Wright, significant role on a top 10 team. Memphis kids on the upswing winning the NIT. What in the world are the expectations of these kids? Coaches are really earning their money in the 'off season' this year.

Reaction Score
Jeriah Horne would be an incredible get. He was absolutely dynamic as a 3 point shooter and hit 90% from the line. He’s also a willing defender and an excellent defensive rebounder. Would fit in great with IW or AS as a four and could play a small ball five against the Novas of the world.

Between Horne returning to Tulsa, Marfo to Quinnipiac, pretty cool to see transfers go back to their original schools after a year at a higher program. I believe Zane Martin did this last year returning to Towson from New Mexico.

Reaction Score
Memphis getting annihilated today. The Penny experiment is imploding.
I saw this one coming before they signed his huge extension. The situation felt so similar to Kevin Ollie (at the end). I just knew it was coming for them.

His roster was filled with 5 stars and they continued to underperform. He would make a better NBA assistant/coach than a college coach.

Reaction Score
I saw this one coming before they signed his huge extension. The situation felt so similar to Kevin Ollie (at the end). I just knew it was coming for them.

His roster was filled with 5 stars and they continued to underperform. He would make a better NBA assistant/coach than a college coach.
Five stars who played amazing defense. Teams don’t play D without effort, so I got to give credit there.

I feel like the bigger issue is getting five star guys that couldn’t play together as an offensive unit.

Bottom line, Penny at Memphis always seemed like a PR experiment. He’s loved in that area, but I don’t see him as an offensive Xs and Os guy. Nothing about their offense shows me that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom