Recruiting Transfers - March | Page 32 | The Boneyard

Recruiting Transfers - March

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Five stars who played amazing defense. Teams don’t play D without effort, so I got to give credit there.

I feel like the bigger issue is getting five star guys that couldn’t play together as an offensive unit.

Bottom line, Penny at Memphis always seemed like a PR experiment. He’s loved in that area, but I don’t see him as an offensive Xs and Os guy. Nothing about their offense shows me that.
He doesn’t run anything on offense. It honestly looks like he gives a player the ball and says go. Never made any sense.

I really question why they gave him a huge extension

Reaction Score
Anybody worth contacting?
He didn’t have a great year, but I like DJ Jeffries. He can defend the 4, can pull defenders to the perimeter offensively, and can score inside. High ceiling, and I think this year was basically his floor.

I think it’s a moot point as he’s from the south and the two coaches he committed to are Penny and Calipari. I think he’s SEC bound.

Reaction Score
He didn’t have a great year, but I like DJ Jeffries. He can defend the 4, can pull defenders to the perimeter offensively, and can score inside. High ceiling, and I think this year was basically his floor.

I think it’s a moot point as he’s from the south and the two coaches he committed to are Penny and Calipari. I think he’s SEC bound.
Maybe Bruce Pearl $$$ or Will Wade $$$ then? Yeah I like Jeffries a lot too from watching the NiT. Love to start being able to stop a stretch 4 and have a 4 that can put it on the deck or bang down low.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
He doesn’t run anything on offense. It honestly looks like he gives a player the ball and says go. Never made any sense.

I really question why they gave him a huge extension
sorta like lots of yarders cry about hurley?

Reaction Score
Not that it's super likely or anything, but entering the portal isn't binding, right? You can return to your team I imagine?
Correct. There were players last year who did that.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Five stars who played amazing defense. Teams don’t play D without effort, so I got to give credit there.

I feel like the bigger issue is getting five star guys that couldn’t play together as an offensive unit.

Bottom line, Penny at Memphis always seemed like a PR experiment. He’s loved in that area, but I don’t see him as an offensive Xs and Os guy. Nothing about their offense shows me that.
Does he have a consigliere? If not, I would think Penny and the AD should work on getting one. What about JC?

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
kids bear GIF by PlayKids

Reaction Score
Sir what you are describing and wholeheartedly embracing is the essence of a one-sided deal. The exchange is overwhelmingly to the benefit of the University and its coffers. This is the issue. Players who generate revenue recognize their value. It's that simple. They understand that they receive a fraction of what they generate. They are rationale human beings who recognize the unfairness of the matter. Many simply demand a voice to begin communications. You suggest the professional path for the complainers, I think this is what you will see down the road.

Are you willing to sacrifice the talent drop-off? I understand there's a professional high school league on the horizon for this upcoming year. The options beyond Australia, G-Elite, etc., will continue to expand for the athlete and decisions will need to be made by university administrations, or welcome NAIA caliber hoop.

That breaking point is not yet here. Head in the sand administrators will look back down the road at missed opportunities to address the inequities and to make it workable for coaches, players and university administrators.

Amateur sports should remain amateur. Say no to amateur basketball mercenaries. There is no missed opportunity regarding this issue because it is a not an issue.

You misunderstand the very essence of life itself. These are kids in college who choose to use college as a platform to make money in the future. They receive hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of payments in full scholarships, food, trainers, coaching, facility access, VIP treatment, etc. They the vast majority of D1 athletes get quite the deal and bargain from universities.

They are free to go the G-League route or international professional route if they do not wish to accept the deal that is college. They do not have to go to college if it is such a bad deal for them. If they want to be workers so badly go to work, outside of school.

If you think student athletes are getting a bad deal, what kind of deal are regular Joe college student receiving.

PS: College athletes would do well to practice gratitude for the opportunities they receive and the platform they get from college athletics in the states.

PS: You and many others need to recognize a simple fact: they are students and they are at school. End of story.

Reaction Score
PS: College athletes would do well to practice gratitude for the opportunities they receive and the platform they get from college athletics in the states.

PS: You and many others need to recognize a simple fact: they are students and they are at school. End of story.

This is so unbelievably condescending and out of touch it can only be the handiwork of . . .

Reaction Score
Amateur sports should remain amateur. Say no to amateur basketball mercenaries. There is no missed opportunity regarding this issue because it is a not an issue.

You misunderstand the very essence of life itself. These are kids in college who choose to use college as a platform to make money in the future. They receive hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of payments in full scholarships, food, trainers, coaching, facility access, VIP treatment, etc. They the vast majority of D1 athletes get quite the deal and bargain from universities.

They are free to go the G-League route or international professional route if they do not wish to accept the deal that is college. They do not have to go to college if it is such a bad deal for them. If they want to be workers so badly go to work, outside of school.

If you think student athletes are getting a bad deal, what kind of deal are regular Joe college student receiving.

Amateur sports do not generate billions of dollars, sign $300 million TV contracts, pay coaches upwards of $8-9 million per year, and buyout coaches to go away from their program for $10-20 million.

Reaction Score
Amateur sports should remain amateur.

They receive hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of payments in full scholarships, food, trainers, coaching, facility access, VIP treatment, etc. They the vast majority of D1 athletes get quite the deal and bargain from universities.

You are right. The athletes are receiving hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of payments in full scholarships and the perks that come with it. But the athletes are receiving these so called payments in exchange for their services. The NCAA has a misguided, twisted way of defining what an amateur really is in regards to the sports they govern. In no way does the NCAA's definition of amateurism apply to the world we live in.

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score

Pretty sure @olehead played D1 ball. I know that won’t change your mind but it’s funny you’re trying to tell him what that life is like.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
So you are saying the players should know their place? Screw that. Your post was nonsense from the first word. It's not amateur sports when everyone is getting paid but the players. Go watch Little League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom