Recruiting Transfers - April | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Recruiting Transfers - April

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
IU just landed XAVIER JOHNSON, G, PITTSBURGH*- 3rd ranked transfer in the portal
Woodson getting it done in a hurry in Bloomington
He can almost guarantee a ton of playing time at a very high profile program. He should do very well in the portal.

Reaction Score
What about someone like Shane Dezonie from Brewster. Says he originally from PA. 6’4 SG top 100 guy. Maybe he will become available with Miller being canned
His brother? (maybe cousin?) Shackylle plays at Wesleyan. Very tough kid

Reaction Score
What happened to Grady and Ingram? Did we show any interest at all?

Sorry I see Grady is at KU. Hope we at least took a swing.

Reaction Score
What happened to Grady and Ingram? Did we show any interest at all?

Sorry I see Grady is at KU. Hope we at least took a swing.
Grady was done pretty quickly to UK. Even with strong interest from us (which I don't know that we did), I think he was just too hot a name.

Not sure who you mean by Ingram.

Reaction Score
Shooting guard alert:

SMU’s Tyson Jolly hit the portal. Only 8 games played this year and his stats were underwhelming, but Jolly’s stats from last year look promising: 14.5p, 6.2r, 2.3a, 38.2 3p%.

6’4 190 incoming senior. Would definitely be happy to have Jolly in the mix.
Jolly to Iona. Pitino also nabbed Tulsa’s starting PG Elijah Joiner.

Say what you want about the AAC, but Iona’s starting backcourt now includes two 10+ ppg scorers out of the AAC. Pretty impressive and definitely will try to catch them live this upcoming season.

Reaction Score
Richmond was a swing and miss. Staff went aggressive to show interest but too little too late. Move was set before our real pitch. Locke was a solid attempt, but up against # of options. Not sure a true love fest from either side. Still advise to hold tight and let process play out. No need to hang off a ledge. A healthy Polley return has a lot of smoke at the moment. Still expect an additional domino to fall our way.
Thanks Zionn...great info. Don't want to pry, but is this domino a specific player or are you saying you're just expecting us to add one additional player along the way but not sure who?

Reaction Score
Another top 50 recruit to bail on White and he gets CJ Felder to replace him.
How does a coach explain so many top 50 players leaving in the past year and his mediocre record in the SEC?
What would make players want to go there?
If you’re a 18-22 year old male college student who lives a CERTAIN lifestyle then UF is a godsend and heaven on earth TRUST ME LOL

Reaction Score
I feel like it’s a DH dream to be a top 25 team just winning rock fights constantly with 2 DPOY on the floor & guys taking charges all over the place.
Agree but I would rather win with offense.

Reaction Score
Jolly to Iona. Pitino also nabbed Tulsa’s starting PG Elijah Joiner.

Say what you want about the AAC, but Iona’s starting backcourt now includes two 10+ ppg scorers out of the AAC. Pretty impressive and definitely will try to catch them live this upcoming season.
Definitely impressive. I've really been looking forward to trying to go to the Iona game at Quinnipiac next year. Should be a fun experience to see Pitino coach in such a small building, especially if his team is legit good.

Reaction Score
Say what you want about the AAC, but Iona’s starting backcourt now includes two 10+ ppg scorers out of the AAC
aac players going to play in the metro atlantic says it all

Reaction Score
Thanks Zionn...great info. Don't want to pry, but is this domino a specific player or are you saying you're just expecting us to add one additional player along the way but not sure who?
@Zionn must have me ignored, I can’t see any of his posts. Idk if I offended him at some time, or how I could have. If someone could please ask him to unblock me, it’d be greatly appreciated. I’ve always valued his insight & info on the BY

Reaction Score
@Zionn must have me ignored, I can’t see any of his posts. Idk if I offended him at some time, or how I could have. If someone could please ask him to unblock me, it’d be greatly appreciated. I’ve always valued his insight & info on the BY
You have this backwards. If someone ignores you then you can still see their posts. If you ignore Zionn then you wouldn't see his posts.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I have no one ignored, but there is a 2 way ignore feature where if you ignore someone, they can’t see you either
I don't believe that's a thing. If you really want to see everyone's posts, just log out of the board and check it that way.

Reaction Score
We have a really solid nucleus returning. Super strong at the 4/5 with Sanogo, Whaley, Akok, Springs and Johnson.

I think Martin/Cole are best served as 4th/5th options or super subs. Cole struggles against top competition. He would be an amazing John Gwynn off the bench.

I worry that Hurley is really loyal to some under-talented but "his guys" and we just go in with what we had. Or even if we add pieces, they aren't the Richmond/Locke upgrade types.

I think loyalty is a great trait but in college basketball, you need to have a little mercenary too. Calhoun recruited over guys all the time, may the best man win. I remember being so excited when we got Marcus White out of Chicago. A year later, we had Boone and CV.

We're gonna score 50-60 ppg with this roster next year against good teams. No one can create a shot at guard. Our freshman will have to save us, and maybe they can - as it's a great class on paper. But that's rarely a great strategy heading into a season.

Reaction Score
We have a really solid nucleus returning. Super strong at the 4/5 with Sanogo, Whaley, Akok, Springs and Johnson.

I think Martin and Cole are best served as 4th/5th options or super subs. Cole struggles against top competition. He would be an amazing John Gwynn off the bench.

I worry that Hurley is really loyal to some under-talented but "his guys" and we just go in with what we had. Or even if we add pieces, they aren't the Richmond/Locke upgrade types.

I think loyalty is a great trait but in college basketball, you need to have a little mercenary too. Calhoun recruited over guys all the time, may the best man win. I remember being so excited when we got Marcus White out of Chicago. A year later, we had Boone and CV.

We're gonna score 50-60 ppg with this roster next year against good teams. No one can create a shot at guard.
I've been preaching this need all off season and told to just be patient. I fear Hurley just isnt a transfer guy and we won't add anyone of significance. If that happens i'll be disappointed. We need to be going for it imo

Reaction Score

Bobby Hurley doing well in the transfer portal plus the addition of Enoch Boakye for 2022.

True, but there are so many spots available with Martin/Verge/Woods graduating and Christopher likely hitting the NBA and others tranferring.

Jackson gets immediate PT with OSU's Luther Muhammad and BC's Jay Heath as his backcourt mates.

Jackson immediately helps them as the starting PG (5.9a) and ability to attack the rim and draw fouls (3.8 FTAs, 90.4 ft%). Great closer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom