Recruiting process about to kick into high gear at UConn (Jim Fuller) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Recruiting process about to kick into high gear at UConn (Jim Fuller)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Doesnt he have kids? Wouldnt want to send my kids to Manchester schools in this day and age. Mansfield, Tolland, Glastonbury is what I would recommend from the immediate area.

I grew up in Manchester and wouldn' send my kids there now. Glastonbury, Mansfield/Storrs, maybe Coventry. Practices are early and he'll be watching film late, he's not going to commute far.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He can buy the little island in the middle of Coventry Lake. No power, he can go off the grid.

Besides, what better way than to start your morning commute than on a jet ski or boat?
In January?

He can walk across it in January. I'm pretty sure with the polar vortex that the lake is frozen over sufficiently.

Reaction Score
He can walk across it in January. I'm pretty sure with the polar vortex that the lake is frozen over sufficiently.
If he can QUICKLY turn this dumpster of a program around he might be able to do that in the summer also

Reaction Score
It's all about...location, location, location. Where do the Insurance Capitol of the World up and comers hang their Gucci bags at night?
;-)

Reaction Score
Where's all this Manchester love coming from? Not really where you want to send your kids these days..

With what he's making, I'd say Glastonbury or South Windsor would be a good fit.

Reaction Score
I've been living in Manchester for 9+ years and still consider myself just visiting.

That's what I said about living in New Britain for six years, I realized later that you can take me outta Hard Hittin', but you can't take the Hard Hittin' outta me. ;)

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Where's all this Manchester love coming from? Not really where you want to send your kids these days..

With what he's making, I'd say Glastonbury or South Windsor would be a good fit.
Lived in Manchester in the 90s and worked in South Windsor for 12 years. Couldn't agree more.

BTW is Lena's still on Rte 5? Best calzone I ever had.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Lived in Manchester in the 90s and worked in South Windsor for 12 years. Couldn't agree more.

BTW is Lena's still on Rte 5? Best calzone I ever had.

Yes it is. Great food.

Reaction Score
I grew up in Manchester and wouldn' send my kids there now. Glastonbury, Mansfield/Storrs, maybe Coventry. Practices are early and he'll be watching film late, he's not going to commute far.

I wouldn't put my kids in East Hartford's school....(but I still think it is better than Hillsborough County schools...)

Reaction Score
Born and raised in Middletown. Went to Xavier. Public schools until then. Love my town. I ended up just fine. Living in Vero Beach, Florida now. A bit of a drive from storrs, but I am sure he will settle in somewhere nice.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Ugh...this thread is terrible. Everytime I click on it, I expect recruiting news. Instead, we getting Diaco home ownership recommendations and amateur real estate reviews.

Last edited:

HuskyBarker

A Tiger is always Hungry!
Reaction Score
Ugh...this thread is terrible. Everytime I click on it, I expect recruiting news. Instead, we getting Diaco home ownership recommendations and amateur real estate reviews.
I love this thread! it's like 'This Old House', but with crusty old UC fans complaining how their Neighborhood has gone to hell in a hand basket! LOL

Reaction Score
Ok, I'll bite. If I'm Diaco I choose from the following:

1. Mansfield. It's just easy. Not great for shopping etc though.

2. Tolland. Nice town, good schools. Very close. Easy access to buck land area.

3. Eliington. Nice town. Good schools, pretty close to campus. Nice housing, easy access to 84.

4. Somers. Very nice and hilly. Easy proximity to UConn and the Enfield, Longmeadow and Springfield areas as well. Several local and national celebrities there hiding.

5.Glastonbury. Great town with amenities. A little fat IMO.

6. South Windsor. Nice town, a little busy and a flat landscape. Not my favorite

I have been involved in building large homes in all these towns. All things considered, Tolland is the best bet

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I wouldn't put my kids in East Hartford's school....(but I still think it is better than Hillsborough County schools...)

Hell, the East Hartford schools were unacceptable even when I grew up in Manchester in the 70's. Manchester was ok until they (a) built the damned mall and (b) finally caved on taking federal $ for low income housing.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I've been living in Manchester for 9+ years and still consider myself just visiting.

That's the same way I feel about Pennsylvania... and I've been here for 20. ;)

Now I feel sick.

Reaction Score
I love this thread! it's like 'This Old House', but with crusty old UC fans complaining how their Neighborhood has gone to hell in a hand basket! LOL

hell in the early 70s East Hartford was nice... Still the area I grew up in are still nice. (Google map my address of the house I grew up in) The new owners removed the maple tree I had a treehouse in. (with electricity <an extension Cord> and running water <a garden hose>) . I miss EH...

Reaction Score
Ok, I'll bite. If I'm Diaco I choose from the following:

1. Mansfield. It's just easy. Not great for shopping etc though.

2. Tolland. Nice town, good schools. Very close. Easy access to buck land area.

3. Eliington. Nice town. Good schools, pretty close to campus. Nice housing, easy access to 84.

4. Somers. Very nice and hilly. Easy proximity to UConn and the Enfield, Longmeadow and Springfield areas as well. Several local and national celebrities there hiding.

5.Glastonbury. Great town with amenities. A little fat IMO.

6. South Windsor. Nice town, a little busy and a flat landscape. Not my favorite

I have been involved in building large homes in all these towns. All things considered, Tolland is the best bet

Storrs Center might help with the shopping...How is the schools in Mansfield? Tolland and Ellington are nice (brother lived in Ellington near Ellington Airport). So is Somers, but I'd be afraid if there was a prison break. Glastonbury and South Windsor are wonderful...

Reaction Score
He's better off in Tolland than Glastonbury, but wherever he decides, he can afford to send his kids to private school.

Reaction Score
HuskyDogArt said:
Storrs Center might help with the shopping...How is the schools in Mansfield? Tolland and Ellington are nice (brother lived in Ellington near Ellington Airport). So is Somers, but I'd be afraid if there was a prison break. Glastonbury and South Windsor are wonderful...

Lol. The Somers prison is a long way from most of the people in Somers and I think it is just one building actually---max security. The rest of the prison is in Enfield.
I like Somers a lot. There is a lot of forest and hills/mountains and it is still small compared to some of the neighboring towns. I also like Longmeadow and Springfield a lot for restaurants etc. and it is a very quick ride there from Somers.

Tolland just the makes the most sense for Diaco. I think Glastonbury and South Windsor are too far. KO was in Glastonbury for years so he isn't exactly proof that it's a convenient location for a UConn coach. If I was gonna go far away I'd pick West Hartford for the urban vibe, vast amenities and networking possibilities for endorsements and donations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom