Recruiting process about to kick into high gear at UConn (Jim Fuller) | The Boneyard

Recruiting process about to kick into high gear at UConn (Jim Fuller)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Also posted in Football Recruiting Forum (http://the-boneyard.com/forums/football-recruiting.29/):

http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2014/01/recruiting-process-about-to-kick-into.html

>>So how many players can Diaco sign for the upcoming season?

"It is very easy to look at it and see the open scholarship numbers and add players to fill that group accordingly but what we really need to do is look at 2015, what does that number look like?" Diaco said. "Let’s say that it 15 or 16 (available scholarships) in 2015, is it better to add 20 (in 2014) and keep it there or is it better to add 18 and add two to the Class of 2015? That is the balance that we have to look at so I can’t say for sure what the number looks like. I would to say to me to somewhere around 18.

"Everything’s a challenge, you are trying to get turnarounds for reimbursements or stipends to hit the road faster than you would normally have to plan for it, recruiting areas, where do you want to send the guys? Where they were as opposed to where they were going to be, the recruiting contacts that they want to continue and have relationship with because they have players but we are looking forward to sending them in different areas as long as what the needs are in trying to get new players evaluated in two weeks, it is a challenge."

Diaco said "we are not going to chase talent just for talent sake" as he is looking for the combination of talent (skill and power are the words he used) and the right fit for the football team and university.<<

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I live in Southington, also.

To me 45 minutes isn't long, especially when most commuters either didn't get out of bed yet, or just went to bed. I've been there......now 2 hrs each way, that's a challenge.

BD and the coaches aren't working in a 9-5 time environment........sometimes a long, quite commute each way gives you a good time to wind down.

Reaction Score
Build him a big luxurious house on campus. When recruits come on official visits they can have dinner with him and his family.

Reaction Score
Diaco seemingly will not have to make a recruiting splash with a QB as there are a bunch grouped in the Freshman/RS Freshman class (Marchi and Taylor) and Soph/RS Soph class (Cochran and Boyle). It will be interesting to see what the staff can throw together in the last few weeks.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Build him a big luxurious house on campus. When recruits come on official visits they can have dinner with him and his family.
Isn't this what got Bernie Fine in trouble?

Reaction Score
Isn't this what got Bernie Fine in trouble?

Haha. I know at the big schools, Coaches built houses with huge entertainment areas to accomodate recruits, players and even boosters. (Not all at the same time of course haha).

Reaction Score
If it wasn't a 45 minute daily commute to Storrs, I'd suggest Southington, home of the current Class LL champions & a great community to live in!;)

Can't resist, he is willing to go as far away as Southington, he should add 5 minutes more to his commute and live in a town with 7 CT HS football championships instead of 2. Plus, while you have Mr. Southington, my old home town has higher taxes :rolleyes:

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
He should definitely live close to campus (actually like the idea of building them a luxurious house to entertain football boosters, recruits, etc as long as its within the rules). If thats not possible then Manchester but I feel like it's so Bob Diaco for him to live in Storrs

Reaction Score
Fuller reported that Coach K: "Of the air he said he has been getting tremendous reports on the skill set of freshman Kivon Taylor who redshirted last season". I find that interesting.

Reaction Score
He should definitely live close to campus (actually like the idea of building them a luxurious house to entertain football boosters, recruits, etc as long as its within the rules). If thats not possible then Manchester but I feel like it's so Bob Diaco for him to live in Storrs
Doesnt he have kids? Wouldnt want to send my kids to Manchester schools in this day and age. Mansfield, Tolland, Glastonbury is what I would recommend from the immediate area.

Reaction Score
Maybe he'll buy Paul Pasquolini's house in South Windsor. I imagine he will be moving out of town soon so house may already be for sale.

Reaction Score
"Everything’s a challenge, you are trying to get turnarounds for reimbursements or stipends to hit the road faster than you would normally have to plan for it".<<

If only I still worked in the Travel Department, I'd make sure that stuff was fast tracked

Reaction Score
My vote is Glastonbury on the Manchester side so his kids can go to East Catholic

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Has Fiddy Cent sold his palace in Farmington?

Be his dwelling situation what it is, I'm interested in Coach Diaco's targets, both positional and individual (i.e. from where are his other offers coming? How many stars, though that matters a bit less).

Any info on that front?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Have you seen it? Its got ugly wallpaper and has that old people smell.
It's got great wallpaper. Vintage USFL New Jersey Generals plays fit for Hershel Walker. Run them in your backyard TG day game. Just don't try to mix a 160 lb. back with a new fangled zone blocking scheme that can't be taught by the person in charge of teaching it to players who have demonstrated an inability to execute it.

Pretty sure some of the wallpaper was from the pre-forward pass era too.

Reaction Score

The cost of housing in Silicon Valley was hurting Stanford's ability to get/keep Assistants. So, the school built houses on or near campus for the staff. They commute via golf cart. To me, it sounds too much like on-post Military housing or a "company town" thing.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
The cost of housing in Silicon Valley was hurting Stanford's ability to get/keep Assistants. So, the school built houses on or near campus for the staff. They commute via golf cart. To me, it sounds too much like on-post Military housing or a "company town" thing.

Thats pretty cool I didn't know that. Regardless of Diaco's situation I think UConn should help look into a nicer neighborhood that is if not golf cart distance, a short 5 minute commute for the coaches/to attract top professors. This was actually the purpose of putting in the Oaks apartments in the Storrs Center but there was such a demand for quality housing in the area that students swiped them up and there's now an incredibly long waiting list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom