Recruiting process about to kick into high gear at UConn (Jim Fuller) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Recruiting process about to kick into high gear at UConn (Jim Fuller)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He lives wherever he wants and takes a helicopter to work every day!

Reaction Score
MattMang23 said:
We're talking about Diaco, not Shady here.

Sumlin has one too. Says it is undefeated in recruiting battles.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Where is it on Route 5? There used to be a nice Pizza Restaurant near the South Windsor Arena? can't remember the name.

Yeah it's basically right next door. Next plaza over. There's a liquor store next door to the restaurant if that helps.

Reaction Score
If it wasn't a 45 minute daily commute to Storrs, I'd suggest Southington, home of the current Class LL champions & a great community to live in!;)
Build a house next to Geno. Maybe the success is in the water. Because of the hours and demands of the job he needs to keep his commute as short as possible. If he wants to spend time with his family he should live in a town as close to campus with the best possible school system (if he has young kids). Probably a town like Glastonbury (Isn't that where Ollie lives)

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Build a house next to Geno. Maybe the success is in the water. Because of the hours and demands of the job he needs to keep his commute as short as possible. If he wants to spend time with his family he should live in a town as close to campus with the best possible school system (if he has young kids). Probably a town like Glastonbury (Isn't that where Ollie lives)
I believe FHCRE lived there as well.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The recruiting process is about to kick into high gear at UConn.
Nice!! We should discuss!!

No kidding. The silent period is coming to an end and the coaches are about ready to hit the road.

As a new coach and new to the area Coach Diaco has lots of competing interest for his time. I hope he picks out a home nearby so he's not driving through the backroads of Connecticut all groggy.

So, what do you think? Coventry? Glastonbury? Maybe something more rural like Colchester?

Plenty of good options and Mrs. D will probably end up getting her choice of locale.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
I live in Southington, also.

To me 45 minutes isn't long, especially when most commuters either didn't get out of bed yet, or just went to bed. I've been there.now 2 hrs each way, that's a challenge.

BD and the coaches aren't working in a 9-5 time environment...sometimes a long, quite commute each way gives you a good time to wind down.
Me too!their is a house for sale on my street off South end rd.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
The only thing that matters now is recruiting and what he and the staff can uncover in the next three weeks. I for one would love see uconn steal a couple of plyers from BCS programs

Reaction Score
uconnbill said:
The only thing that matters now is recruiting and what he and the staff can uncover in the next three weeks. I for one would love see uconn steal a couple of plyers from BCS programs

I think this is going to be telling. I hate to be an energy vampire, but I just shake my head when posters think a Penn state decommit might come here because Coach Diaco recruited him at Notre Dame. We play in the AAC. That is a tough obstacle when trying to get a "name" recruit. If Coach D is able to land some kids who have bcs offers in the coming months, I am going to do cartwheels.

Reaction Score
Yeah it's basically right next door. Next plaza over. There's a liquor store next door to the restaurant if that helps.

Okay, now I am sure we are talking about the samc place. After hockey games or late nights atmy business,we ate there. Good food.

Reaction Score
Lol. The Somers prison is a long way from most of the people in Somers and I think it is just one building actually---max security. The rest of the prison is in Enfield.
I like Somers a lot. There is a lot of forest and hills/mountains and it is still small compared to some of the neighboring towns. I also like Longmeadow and Springfield a lot for restaurants etc. and it is a very quick ride there from Somers.

Tolland just the makes the most sense for Diaco. I think Glastonbury and South Windsor are too far. KO was in Glastonbury for years so he isn't exactly proof that it's a convenient location for a UConn coach. If I was gonna go far away I'd pick West Hartford for the urban vibe, vast amenities and networking possibilities for endorsements and donations.

I am from Somers and can add a football related post to this thread: If HCBD moves to Somers he will be able to draw on the experiences of a of a former NFL running back only a few years removed from the league ... TJ Duckett. :)

Reaction Score
I am from Somers and can add a football related post to this thread: If HCBD moves to Somers he will be able to draw on the experiences of a of a former NFL running back only a few years removed from the league ... TJ Duckett. :)

Ugghhhh!!!

pulling-your-hair-out-girl.jpg

Reaction Score
Diaco will live in CT and he will not be my neighbor, so I don't care where he lives. I care that this team performs well. To do that, we need some holes that need to be filled and we need recruits that will fill those holes! So, can we please get back to the point of this thread and for those that want to talk Diaco's real estate options...open up a new thread....PLZ!

Reaction Score
Diaco will live in CT and he will not be my neighbor, so I don't care where he lives. I care that this team performs well. To do that, we need some holes that need to be filled and we need recruits that will fill those holes! So, can we please get back to the point of this thread and for those that want to talk Diaco's real estate options...open up a new thread....PLZ!

... or you can wonder over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom