Recruiting 2022: Avery Brown | The Boneyard

Recruiting 2022: Avery Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Borges did a real nice job on this article. It will be fun to watch Brown's career develop. He sounds like an amazing young man.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Guard is a pretty big need for us in this class with Cole and BA graduating and Gaff going into his senior year. I don’t think there’s a ton of interest on our end.

Reaction Score
Guard is a pretty big need for us in this class with Cole and BA graduating and Gaff going into his senior year. I don’t think there’s a ton of interest on our end.

I have heard staff is keeping tabs nut needs to see improvement in his shooting before we seriously recruit him.

Reaction Score
in 2022 i think we can aim higher at CG and W in order to replace gaffney and hawkins the next season, than we can aim at PG. if brown is second guessing his desire to backup diggins for 2-3 years then how can we realistically expect to convince a 4* PG to do the same?

Last edited:

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Some pretty good D1 names showing interest. I hope he has speed because at 6-1 he is on the shorter end of PG s unless he is still growing. If the comments are accurate he has very high motivation and IQ which translates well for his future. In the staff we trust. He sounds like he might have the intangibles we are looking for. As mentioned above, an exciting local prospect who looks like he has a bright future.

Reaction Score
Some pretty good D1 names showing interest. I hope he has speed because at 6-1 he is on the shorter end of PG s unless he is still growing. If the comments are accurate he has very high motivation and IQ which translates well for his future. In the staff we trust. He sounds like he might have the intangibles we are looking for. As mentioned above, an exciting local prospect who looks like he has a bright future.
Not sure which is correct, but in Borges article he says "Brown is a 6-foot-3 point guard who was born in Bridgeport but has lived most of his life in Beacon Falls."

Reaction Score

Think we've done pretty well with less than 6' PGs with NC's from KEA, Kemba, Bazz/Boat. So whether 6'1" or 6'3" he's fine if he can play and lead.

Reaction Score
He sounds like a coach's dream:
“A lot of the work ethic we’ve passed on is through our parents,” said Antonio Jr. “Blue-collar, no-nonsense, and we do things the right way.”
“(Avery) doesn’t give 100 percent, he gives 200 percent,” added Joy. “With the drive that he has and the love of basketball, I think he will go far. He just loves getting better.”

As to having Rahsool ahead of him? That shouldn't scare him away if he believes Hurley is the right coach to develop him to his fullest capabilities and he'd like to follow in some great footsteps at State U.

Focus on the two quotes. He doesn't sound like he'd shy away from competition and knows competition will make him better. If he doesn't believe he can take the spot away from someone else, maybe UConn is not the right place for him.

Reaction Score
Today is World Suicide Prevention Day so I think that's all it was
RJ strikes music kid who really has his s*** together and is simply trying to be inspiring to others. At least that's my guess.

C

Chief00

Avery is a good kid, and UConn would certainly welcome him with open arms. I wouldn’t get too caught up in this position stuff. UConn has a history of two point guards playing together for long minutes. His dad knows that.

Reaction Score
Avery is a good kid, and UConn would certainly welcome him with open arms. I wouldn’t get too caught up in this position stuff. UConn has a history of two point guards playing together for long minutes. His dad knows that.

The way DH managed the skills and minutes of AG, CV and JG had to have made a positive impression on kids/parents watching the turnaround here the past two years.

Reaction Score

OSU, Missouri...Indiana
I’m not a subscriber. For anyone who is, is he saying who he is the most interested in, or who is most interested in him? I think he’s be a solid pickup for 2022. I don’t think he’s a must-have, though.

The Hunter connection is interesting, but Indiana did offer him long before Hunter left us.

Reaction Score
UConn: “Although UConn hasn’t offered me yet, they’re recruiting me heavy and Coach [Kevin] Freeman and I already have a relationship. They know I am a Connecticut kid and to have an opportunity to stay home would be exciting.”

Reaction Score
UConn: “Although UConn hasn’t offered me yet, they’re recruiting me heavy and Coach [Kevin] Freeman and I already have a relationship. They know I am a Connecticut kid and to have an opportunity to stay home would be exciting.”

Whether or no we are really recruiting this kid is a mystery. Every other article says something different.

Reaction Score
Whether or no we are really recruiting this kid is a mystery. Every other article says something different.

If we're not recruiting him, Stockrisers is "fake news". Their story sure makes it sound as if KF has a relationship with him and the idea of staying home is a real positive for him. It would be great to keep players home if they fit our needs and style and he sure looks like he'll be ready physically based on how he looks as a sophomore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom