Recruiting 2022: Avery Brown | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Recruiting 2022: Avery Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If we're not recruiting him, Stockrisers is "fake news". Their story sure makes it sound as if KF has a relationship with him and the idea of staying home is a real positive for him. It would be great to keep players home if they fit our needs and style and he sure looks like he'll be ready physically based on how he looks as a sophomore.
What? The quote is from Brown. Unless Stockrisers made up the quote I don't know how you could blame them if this is "fake news".

Reaction Score
If we're not recruiting him, Stockrisers is "fake news". Their story sure makes it sound as if KF has a relationship with him and the idea of staying home is a real positive for him. It would be great to keep players home if they fit our needs and style and he sure looks like he'll be ready physically based on how he looks as a sophomore.
KFree does have a relationship with him, he was recruiting him when he was at Penn State

Reaction Score
Don’t kid yourself - In on this one
Then I'm curious why they haven't offered him yet. Maybe they want to watch him play this coming season since they didn't get to see him this past spring and summer?

Reaction Score
the only mystery as far as 2022 is concerned is who we're getting to play with Brown and Clingan on the wing and there will be plenty of options, e.g. gayle, rice, cuffe, whitmore, floyd, karaban, etc. even i'm not stressing about recruiting next year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No it's Andre at the 1, Akok at the 2, Sanogo on the wing, JB at the 4, and Clingan at the 5.
you realize i was talking about recruits not the starting lineup? think it was pretty clear. but the main point was to echo we're going after Brown despite the skeptics here that still dont think he's good enough for UConn.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
you realize i was talking about recruits not the starting lineup? think it was pretty clear. but the main point was to echo we're going after Brown despite the skeptics here that still dont think he's good enough for UConn.

Definitely talented enough for UConn. I think he's a little more Adams+ and a little less Bouk right now. But he is obviously young and hungry to improve. Very real possibility if he shotmaking improves that he could end up a top-tier 4* talent. He'll need to show up in Nepsac this year though. Wasn't a huge factor when I saw them scouting a few times

Last edited:

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Whether or no we are really recruiting this kid is a mystery. Every other article says something different.

But a few insiders have spoken very favorably about our interest in him, so it makes me think they're keeping things close to the vest, as appears to be their MO.

Then I just saw the most recent Zionn post, confirmed.

Reaction Score
Definitely talented enough for UConn. I think he's a little more Adams+ and a little less Bouk right now. But he is obviously young and hungry to improve. Very real possibility if he shotmaking improves that he could end up a top-tier 4* talent. He'll need to show up in Nepsac this year though. Wasn't a huge factor when I saw them scouting a few times
Adams+ with room to develop sounds just about right for a 2022 PG recruit, right? When Brown is a freshman, Gaffney will be a senior and Diggins will be a sophomore. Brown can backup and play alongside Diggins for two or three years and then he can be the savvy veteran leader for our stud 2024 or 2025 PG recruit to learn from.

C

Chief00

Didn't he shoot 39%?
I have no idea about his shooting percentage, which includes layups. In recruiting Chief goes by the eye test. I didn’t say he’s a guy with a broken shot, just that he needed to work on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I have no idea about his shooting percentage, which includes layups. In recruiting Chief goes by the eye test. I didn’t say he’s a guy with a breaken shot, just that he needed to work on it.
3pt%

Reaction Score
Didn't he shoot 39%?

He shot 39% on only 1.5 attempts per GAME. And that's when teams were daring him to shoot when he was in the game.

Plus side is his mid-range game is pretty solid. Gotta assume that if he can get better and transferring energy he could be a solid shooter.

I don't think you need a maxpreps account to look at these: Avery Brown's High School Basketball Stats

FT% of 69% isn't a great sign though (2.3 attempts per). Neither is 42% on 2 pt shots (3.8 attempts per).

1.85 AST/TO is solid.

Overall he put up

6.6/2.1/4.1 w/ 1.1 steals per.

His offer list isn't super impressive right now either TBH.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
FWIW I have been much more impressed with Filipowski of the NEPSAC recruits when I saw the film on him (only 1 game). Obviously different positions, and his recruitment has been quieter, probably by choice. At 6'11 and 220 already, he has great size.

20.5pts
10.1 reb
1.0 block

55% from the floor. 35% from 3.

Offers from Georgetown, OSU, Pitt, Notre Dame, UCLA, Vandy, V Tech, Maryland, Marquette, Xavier, Iowa, Louisville, Creighton, Purdue. And of course the good guys. Clearly a kid that is going to bump up the rankings.

Good shooter. Really good handle for his size--handles better than any of our 4/5 recruits or players by far. Decent passing. Has a nice right hand jump hook. Little bit of a left hand but not great. Scores from 3 levels as a 7-footer.

The knock is that he isn't a great leaper

Last edited:
C

Chief00

He shot 39% on only 1.5 attempts per GAME. And that's when teams were daring him to shoot when he was in the game.

Plus side is his mid-range game is pretty solid. Gotta assume that if he can get better and transferring energy he could be a solid shooter.

I don't think you need a maxpreps account to look at these: Avery Brown's High School Basketball Stats

FT% of 69% isn't a great sign though (2.3 attempts per). Neither is 42% on 2 pt shots (3.8 attempts per).

1.85 AST/TO is solid.

Overall he put up

6.6/2.1/4.1 w/ 1.1 steals per.

His offer list isn't super impressive right now either TBH.
The shooting % and attempts you cite, are more consistent with Chief’s eyetest. It needs some work, but that’s often the case.

Reaction Score
6'3 with a 6'8 wingspan and quick feet sounds like an elite defender at the very least. With the limited film on him it seems like his jumpshot form is actually solid, but the results aren't there yet. I like his potential a lot.

Reaction Score
Think Hurley has earned some benefit of the doubt on the recruiting trail in his short time here. If he wants the kid, good enough for me. I'll take his view over every nitwit on this board pretty much every time (including my own, of course).

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Think Hurley has earned some benefit of the doubt on the recruiting trail in his short time here. If he wants the kid, good enough for me. I'll take his view over every nitwit on this board pretty much every time (including my own, of course).
Don't think anyones gonna argue that. In Hurley we trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom