Recruiting 2022: Avery Brown | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Recruiting 2022: Avery Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
FWIW I have been much more impressed with Filipowski of the NEPSAC recruits when I saw the film on him (only 1 game). Obviously different positions, and his recruitment has been quieter, probably by choice. At 6'11 and 220 already, he has great size.

20.5pts
10.1 reb
1.0 block

55% from the floor. 35% from 3.

Offers from Georgetown, OSU, Pitt, Notre Dame, UCLA, Vandy, V Tech, Maryland, Marquette, Xavier, Iowa, Louisville, Creighton, Purdue. And of course the good guys. Clearly a kid that is going to bump up the rankings.

Good shooter. Really good handle for his size--handles better than any of our 4/5 recruits or players by far. Decent passing. Has a nice right hand jump hook. Little bit of a left hand but not great. Scores from 3 levels as a 7-footer.

The knock is that he isn't a great leaper

Of course, we could point to someone like Larry Bird who did OK despite being vertically challenged.............. :rolleyes:
With everything you've laid out about him, I'm hoping we really put in the effort to get him.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Of course, we could point to someone like Larry Bird who did OK despite being vertically challenged.............. :rolleyes:
With everything you've laid out about him, I'm hoping we really put in the effort to get him.
Are we comparing this kid to Larry Bird now..

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
FWIW I have been much more impressed with Filipowski of the NEPSAC recruits when I saw the film on him (only 1 game). Obviously different positions, and his recruitment has been quieter, probably by choice. At 6'11 and 220 already, he has great size.

20.5pts
10.1 reb
1.0 block

55% from the floor. 35% from 3.

Offers from Georgetown, OSU, Pitt, Notre Dame, UCLA, Vandy, V Tech, Maryland, Marquette, Xavier, Iowa, Louisville, Creighton, Purdue. And of course the good guys. Clearly a kid that is going to bump up the rankings.

Good shooter. Really good handle for his size--handles better than any of our 4/5 recruits or players by far. Decent passing. Has a nice right hand jump hook. Little bit of a left hand but not great. Scores from 3 levels as a 7-footer.

The knock is that he isn't a great leaper
This kid is a legit modern day stretch 4. He'll be a great pickup for someone.

Reaction Score
Avery Brown #3

Bossi's Best: Players outside of Rivals150 classes ready to rise
Averybrown2.png

C

Chief00

Think Hurley has earned some benefit of the doubt on the recruiting trail in his short time here. If he wants the kid, good enough for me. I'll take his view over every nitwit on this board pretty much every time (including my own, of course).

You would never know it now, but there were guys who doubted the dam break two years ago. It has been successful even beyond Chief’s wildest expectations. The plan worked. Great job executing by the coaches.

Reaction Score
IGNORE option available if you don't like. Please use as it will be better for all in this case.
Take your own advice maybe my friend? The board police clutter it up just as much as the chatters

Reaction Score
:eek:
I do take my own advise Deuce and put posters on ignore if I feel I need to tell them to “shut up.” It’s ok you don’t like his posts but easier to just not see them right?
Did you say something? Can't see anything you post! :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Hurley's recruiting prowess is responsible for both a decrease in my stress levels (not frantically checking the boneyard every 5 mins) as well as an increase in my productivity (not frantically checking the boneyard every 5 mins). thank you coach Hurley.

Reaction Score
I will say we are definitely recruiting guards who are currently better than Avery Brown. But there's something about him where every time you watch him or read about him he just grows on you. If getting Brown gets us Clingan, let's do it.

Reaction Score
I haven't seen him play or watched any videos but the impression I get from these threads is he's a plus version of some of the 6th man type guards we've had over the years ala austrie, beverly, kromah, samuel, etc. Is that fair or off the mark for those of you more familiar?

Also, is there any indication an off is coming soon? Seems weird were allegedly in real well with him and could potentially land an immediate commit but haven't pulled the trigger for a potential impact kid. I know hurleys got a plan, blah blah blah and we're after (currently) higher ranked kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom