OT: - Recommendations needed for Bachelor dinner spot | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Recommendations needed for Bachelor dinner spot

Reaction Score
Menu looks good... might have to try it out.

They also have 5-6 specials a night. One of my favorite restaurants been going there for years in Branford/ north Branford. The owner/ chef use to be nuts food fights were the norm in the very early years of the restaurant.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I ate at J Gilbert's for the first time last night and had the best meal of my life. I'm not a big steak guy, and I still loved it there. Got amazing halibut, cauliflower puree and fingerling potatoes. For anyone who hasn't been there, it's so worth it.

Why would anybody puree cauliflower, unless you're missing all your teeth and have nothing to chew it with?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Why would anybody puree cauliflower, unless you're missing all your teeth and have nothing to chew it with?
Because you know they throw in butter at a minimum, and probably some other tasty stuff, to make it taste like something interesting. As opposed to cauliflower.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
They also have 5-6 specials a night. One of my favorite restaurants been going there for years in Branford/ north Branford. The owner/ chef use to be nuts food fights were the norm in the very early years of the restaurant.

Nataz is what I was going to say. The original owner runs the one in Southington and his daughter now runs it in North Branford. Cannot beat the $35 prix fixe with all the choices and BYOB.

Last time I went there the chef came out and took our menus from us and simply asked if each person wanted steak or seafood and pretty much ordered for us. This might sound unusually and may rub some the wrong way but trust the man he knows what he is doing and everybody was greatly satisfied.

Reaction Score
East Side Grill in New Britain.
Authentically styled German beer hall. Place is great

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I feel like it’s a place you can’t really go to all that often, food is just ok... but every now and then you just need to slay a few liters of beer.
Agreed. Only went once, for my bachelor party. Great beer and atmosphere. Food was pricey but it was an awesome experience. Fun spot for an event like this and great beer.

Plus when they found out I was getting married they brought out a paddle with shots on it and the very attractive young waitress dressed in her German beer garden attire then smacked me with the paddle. Don't remember much of that but my friends still talk about to this day and that was 7 yeas ago

Reaction Score
Check out Francesca’s in Coventry. Best Italian in northern Connecticut. Better than Carbones, Caveys, etc. IMO. After eating you can walk across the street over to Bidwell Tavern and finish off the night for the obligatory hangover. Might be too far out of the way, but look into it.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
In @Stainmaster 's car buying thread, the idea of believing what you read on the internet was questioned. I invoked, "Trust but verify." Maybe ARBY'S foesn' t have the meats.

But there's no way I"d trust "experts" over what' s here. More fun, more ideas, more interaction, everybody working together toward a good time with laughs along the way. Even a gentlemanly dial back from a well-defended potshot against a somewhat monochromatic "best ever" meal. Truly this is the "wisdom of crowds" on display.

Up until now, East Side has meant nothing to me except for lots of oddly placed New Haven area billboards with no address and the puzzle of an 860 area code.

Good luck to you and your friend @I Bleed Blue.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Halibut, cauliflower, and potatoes is the best meal of your life?
"Best" and "Cauliflower" do not belong in the same sentence about anything. It is an impossibility.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I drive by it every day.
A friend of mine has an adult entertainment type place on a major highway in his town. Every time he drives by it he beeps and waves at anyone in the parking lot to watch them put their head down kind of half wave and fast walk into the place or their car.

It's the little things in life that you have to enjoy.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
For a stag? Try Nixs on Front Street in Hartford. It's about the right vibe. Capital Grill is right there too. Also Ted's Montana, but I assume you like the groom too much for that

I love Salute, but it's not a place I'd take a large group unless we are seated outside.

Reaction Score
For a stag? Try Nixs on Front Street in Hartford. It's about the right vibe. Capital Grill is right there too. Also Ted's Montana, but I assume you like the groom too much for that

I love Salute, but it's not a place I'd take a large group unless we are seated outside.
Nixs didn't make it. It's closed.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Nixs didn't make it. It's closed.

Sad to hear. Also sad was my last trip to East Side. The drop in quality of the food was astonishing. Hopefully they straightened it out.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
The latest thing is a sort of pizza with a cauliflower crust. Not bad. Relatively easy to make from scratch. Costco sells them Pre-made frozen.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
And your scientific conclusion was ......?
I spent 5 days recently in NYC's Flatiron/NoMad neighborhood, passing several times by the 23rd St Arby's. The sandwich board sign oufront always caught my attention, but I kept making other choices. Go figure.

PS - Tough to ignore "That's a good horse" when responding.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I spent 5 days recently in NYC's Flatiron/NoMad neighborhood, passing several times by the 23rd St Arby's. The sandwich board sign oufront always caught my attention, but I kept making other choices. Go figure.

PS - Tough to ignore "That's a good horse" when responding.

Out of curiosity did you go to Hill Country BBQ when you were staying there?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom