OT: - Recommendations needed for Bachelor dinner spot | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Recommendations needed for Bachelor dinner spot

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
It depends what you're looking for; if you want a great atmosphere, then East Side is the answer. Go on a weekend night and make sure to ask for a table in the beer hall; there's a guy walking around playing the accordion and the waitresses are all in lederhosen. Order a paddle of shots and they'll spank your buddy with that paddle after you guys do the shots. Far and away the most fun I've ever had at dinner. The food is ok, but the beer is awesome. You can order a liter of beer or a two-liter das boot (I stuck to the one liter so my beer didn't get too warm).

Anyway, they would get my vote.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Out of curiosity did you go to Hill Country BBQ when you were staying there?
Yes, Lady Hans treated me to moist brisket, burnt ends, ribs, collard greens, pickles and Shiner Bock. She was raised in Amarillo, and raised her kids in Round Rock. We went with medium expectations and enjoyed ourselves.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Yes, Lady Hans treated me to moist brisket, burnt ends, ribs, collard greens, pickles and Shiner Bock. She was raised in Amarillo, and raised her kids in Round Rock. We went with medium expectations and enjoyed ourselves.

Yeah not too shabby. Not the best for sure, but overall pretty decent.

I enjoy the smoked BBQ wings myself.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Cauliflower rice is the new avocado toast.
When did this become an episode of Eat This, Not That!!"?

The man is trying to organize a bachelor's "final" meal. This means copious amounts of charred meat, fine wine, imported/microbrew darker than a lager, high quality single malt scotch, and/or good tobacco leaves rolled somewhere between the Dominican Republic and Nicaragua.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
It depends what you're looking for; if you want a great atmosphere, then East Side is the answer. Go on a weekend night and make sure to ask for a table in the beer hall; there's a guy walking around playing the accordion and the waitresses are all in lederhosen. Order a paddle of shots and they'll spank your buddy with that paddle after you guys do the shots. Far and away the most fun I've ever had at dinner. The food is ok, but the beer is awesome. You can order a liter of beer or a two-liter das boot (I stuck to the one liter so my beer didn't get too warm).

Anyway, they would get my vote.
I second all of this like I previously posted as being the receipient of the paddle. The table we sat at had a huge ice slab in the middle so our giant beers stayed cold. As for the accordian player, I'm a Brewers fan and we got him to play Roll out the Barrels. It was awesome.

I think it comes down to are you looking for good food or a good place to eat semi decent food but drink and have a great time? Not sure East Side fits the first description but definitely is the second.

Reaction Score
Check out Francesca’s in Coventry. Best Italian in northern Connecticut. Better than Carbones, Caveys, etc. IMO. After eating you can walk across the street over to Bidwell Tavern and finish off the night for the obligatory hangover. Might be too far out of the way, but look into it.

I remember when Bidwell had some great Italian dishes. I hear it isn’t very good anymore.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom