Really What can you say | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Really What can you say

Reaction Score
veryolddog...

I lived in Santa Fe from 1972-1985. Have my planned retirement home there.

Never thought I'd find a UCONN Alum/Fan in Santa Fe.

We should have a green stuffed-sopapilla at Tomasita's soon!
cliffcowles@yahoo.com

Last edited:
Reaction Score
She had 22 points on Saturday against SMU, after not practicing Thursday or Friday, she was 8-13 and 3-6 from 3, the only difference is the level of competition. She didn't have a great game against ND either and Muffett game-planned to stop her. It's not a knock, as Connecticut fans seem to take any criticism of any player on the team as a knock, it's just a fact. She'll get better, Stewie was the same way her sophomore year, she came back her Jr. season stronger and a better ball-handler and was the best player in America. I see the same things in Lou, I'll extrapolate what I said in the previous post to all the teams in America, this is the year to get her because next year she'll be unguardable...

snore...

Reaction Score
While watching the replay last night, I noted that on Crystal's breakaway layup late in the game, the ONLY other player visible trailing her was Pheesa. Had Crystal missed it, no SC player would have been around; they just gave up on it.

I think "Beaten Down" are the proper two words...

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
veryolddog..

I lived in Santa Fe from 1972-1985. Have my planned retirement home there.

Never thought I'd find a UCONN Alum/Fan in Santa Fe.

We should have a green stuffed-sopapilla at Tomasita's soon!
cliffcowles@yahoo.com

Oh my I envy you! I was in tech sales. I covered Sandia Labs and Los Alamos Labs. Even if my sales trip was focused on Sandia, I would some times drive to Santa Fe just to have dinner at La Tertulia. Many moons have passed since then. I hope it is still really good. OH nuts! I just looked it up ... gone! Sob! OK, I envy you less ... ;) Tell Hackman I said hello.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
You're next Wayland Baptist Flying Queens!

Since you are familar with the Flying Queens; you must be familar with their 4 consecutive national championships. But have you placed the cart before the horse? Are you familar with Hanes Hosiery and their 102 win streak? :) Yeah, Hanes Hosiery! I looked this up during the 90 games win streak.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Since you are familar with the Flying Queens; you must be familar with their 4 consecutive national championships. But have you placed the cart before the horse? Are you familar with Hanes Hosiery and their 102 win streak? :) Yeah, Hanes Hosiery! I looked this up during the 90 games win streak.

102 lasts until just next week
Forget Haynes.

Reaction Score
No other team defended Lou as good as SC did last night. She could not get an open shot. SC could not defend Gabby because they keyed on Lou.
Partly true. I think Gabby is pretty much unguardable. Also, I re-watched the game ( pasted together due to the broken coverage offered by ESPN, due to the Texas game ), and Kia Nurse played a lot more than I originally thought she did. Have to look at the stats to see her minutes.

Siestakeyfan

Sailing at Block Island Race Week
Reaction Score
Great game. Great win for a great team.

That being said, the officiating was atrocious. It didn't come across as partial to either team though, at least not to my eye.

But something needs to be done to improve WCBB officiating: better pay for a better class of referee?, training seminars? I have no solution but the problem is obvious.

WBB officials are REALLY an EMBARRASSMENT !!!

Reaction Score
So as the season moves forward this year and next how will be beat a record of lets say 120-0 150-0 195-0.
ROFLMAO. We have an expression in the investment industry: "I wasn't wrong, I was early." I guess, Tony, you're thinking that may apply to you come December 2019, eh? And if we get there (something I'm not expecting, but who the heck knows) I for one wouldn't blame you if you took credit for predicting it!!

In all seriousness, you've had some great posts recently my friend.

Reaction Score
You just agreed with my point. Lou was face guarded by her defender. No other team does that. This is not put down of Lou. The strength of this team is if you try to stop one player another will make you pay.
Stop with the " Lou is sick" excuse. Geno and the players do not use it so why do the fans? None of us are in the locker room and have no idea about injuries/sick or who is in the doghouse.
And why are some of you so sensitive and defensive of this stuff? Also can you give the other team some credit sometimes.
Good Lord. End of Rant
The game was, "syck."

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score

We'll beat the socks off their record.

Reaction Score
Aggravated a previous practice (?) injury to her ankle. Last game (before SC) the announcers mentioned the ankle support she was wearing and were amazed she showed no ill effects. But, by the SC game she had somehow damaged it again.
Thank you!

Reaction Score
Aggravated a previous practice (?) injury to her ankle. Last game (before SC) the announcers mentioned the ankle support she was wearing and were amazed she showed no ill effects. But, by the SC game she had somehow damaged it again.
I watched replay last night and you can see early in first quarter she gets tripped up. You have to look for it, it happens when she's trying to get around a screen or around another player and you can clearly see she feels some pain and plays on for quite a bit of time before she gets subbed out. The commentators were flapping so much they missed it also.

Reaction Score
Great game. Great win for a great team.

That being said, the officiating was atrocious. It didn't come across as partial to either team though, at least not to my eye.

But something needs to be done to improve WCBB officiating: better pay for a better class of referee?, training seminars? I have no solution but the problem is obvious.
Women's refs will always fail in top echelon games until the speed of play accelerates in the lower levels. Refs get Set in a pace of play. They make calls in the timing that pace allows them. When after calling a number of games at a speed one tick above high school, their pace of calls is subconsciously locked in.

When they get a top game two things happen.
1) they miss calls and they know it
2) to not miss calls they begin to guess which leads to wrong calls

The answer for me is a defined group of refs that only call top 25 teams. That will prevent more occourances like Monday night where 1 ref was clueless, 1ref swallowed the whistle and 1 was ok

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom