Re: Megan Walker's Twitter Page | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Re: Megan Walker's Twitter Page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
ND's record against UConn is 11-34. I guess some think that's being competitive.
Not at all. Just making a point that we have had more success against U Conn then Stanford in defense to a earlier post. To be the champ you have to beat the champ. Until that happens on a consistent basis N.D. is just a squirrel trying to get a nut.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Memories light the corners of my mind
Misty water-colored memories of the way we were

Scattered pictures of the smiles we left behind
Smiles we gave to one another for the way we were.

Can it be that it was all so simple then
Or has time rewritten every line
If we had the chance to do it all again, tell me, would we, could we

Memories may be beautiful and yet
What's too painful to remember we simply choose to forget
So it's the laughter we will remember
Whenever we remember the way we were.

The way we were.

;)

The news clip notes the optimism for the following season. But Jewell left, Ali Patberg sat out the season, and ND failed to reach the Final Four.

It's interesting to note how tired the players are of losing to UConn. The Huskies felt the same thing about ND for over 2 seasons. I'm happy that things returned to normal. :)

Reaction Score

Memories light the corners of my mind
Misty water-colored memories of the way we were

Scattered pictures of the smiles we left behind
Smiles we gave to one another for the way we were.

Can it be that it was all so simple then
Or has time rewritten every line
If we had the chance to do it all again, tell me, would we, could we

Memories may be beautiful and yet
What's too painful to remember we simply choose to forget
So it's the laughter we will remember
Whenever we remember the way we were.

The way we were.

;)

Look here Robert Redford . We are talking about who beat U Conn more Stanford or N.D. I know U Conn is the G.O.A.T. Im not suicidal enough to come on a U Conn board and say N.D. is the best women's team of all time. You dont have to flex your muscles . Your team has showed who is boss for you.

Reaction Score
Maya Moores freshman year FF. They broke Uconns 90 game winning streak in 2010 and in the last 3 years they were the ONLY team to beat Uconn in 3 years by 2 pts.Stanford is in the Pac 12 and never played 4 times a year like a conf.team would
Valid points. Lucky they didnt play U Conn 4 times. But if they did i still see them losing almost every game.

Reaction Score
SouthBend got his/her chest poked out right now... after being silent for the past 4 years!
241.gif
Your funny. Not at all. Remember this is the guy that said his team is the Buffalo Bills of women's basketball because they cant win the big one. I also said i liked Baylor or South Carolina's chances better then N.D this year. Trust me im never silent lol. You Husky fans know all about chests being puffed out. You been rubbing salt in every team in basketballs wounds for a good 20 years now. Even if we win it this year all N.D. fans will hear is but you only have 2 and we got more. It would take a decade of N.D. beating U Conn to get any kind of props from the mighty U Conn faithful.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Your funny. Not at all. Remember this is the guy that said his team is the Buffalo Bills of women's basketball because they cant win the big one. I also said i liked Baylor or South Carolina's chances better then N.D this year. Trust me im never silent lol. You Husky fans know all about chests being puffed out. You been rubbing salt in every team in basketballs wounds for a good 20 years now. Even if we win it this year all N.D. fans will hear is but you only have 2 and we got more. It would take a decade of N.D. beating U Conn to get any kind of props from the mighty U Conn faithful.

You're an exciting poster. I love it!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
[QUO and TE="southbendcane, post: 1823976, member: 7230"]Not at all. Just making a point that we have had more success against U Conn then Stanford in defense to a earlier post. To be the champ you have to beat the champ. Until that happens on a consistent basis N.D. is just a squirrel trying to get a nut.[/QUOTE]
No...because this is not boxing. In WCBB you have to beat who ever is in front of you. Recall that before ND got the most recent NC shots at UCONN it had shots and TA&M and Baylor-ND whiffed on both. A ND obsession with UCONN is not a good thing for ND. UCONN didn't look around at the FF last year and say Hey, where Is ND? ND might have been looking to far ahead and got clipped by Stanford.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Not at all. Just making a point that we have had more success against U Conn then Stanford in defense to a earlier post. To be the champ you have to beat the champ. Until that happens on a consistent basis N.D. is just a squirrel trying to get a nut.
The 11-34 record is broken down into a 4-27 period, a 7-1 stretch, and then an 0-6 streak.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
[QUO and TE="southbendcane, post: 1823976, member: 7230"]Not at all. Just making a point that we have had more success against U Conn then Stanford in defense to a earlier post. To be the champ you have to beat the champ. Until that happens on a consistent basis N.D. is just a squirrel trying to get a nut.
No...because this is not boxing. In WCBB you have to beat who ever is in front of you. Recall that before ND got the most recent NC shots at UCONN it had shots and TA&M and Baylor-ND whiffed on both. A ND obsession with UCONN is not a good thing for ND. UCONN didn't look around at the FF last year and say Hey, where Is ND? ND might have been looking to far ahead and got clipped by Stanford.[/QUOTE]
Baylor was a great team and they out played us. But the refs changed the way they called the game in the second half of the Texas A&M game. They called it close in the first half and N.D. was up and the Aggies were in foul trouble.. Then in the second half they let them get physical and Danielle Adams just bullied us in the paint. Irish bodies were flying every where and fouls they were calling were not being called . You have to be consistent. I said that to Muffet at the library one day and she laughed and said you saw that to. Yes were both bias but to me it changed the game.

Reaction Score
What about the 2011-2012 season? Or the first three games of the 2012-2013 season? Uconn had more talent than Notre Dame both of those years. I actually remember a couple of years ago reading from other posters that Muffet "outcoaches" Geno. This was being said during those two seasons of course, but it's obvious that Uconn has had more talented players the past four seasons. It'll be an interesting season.

not to be argumentative...but convincing me that anyone is on a par with Geno coaching wise is a waist of time...i think that Muffet is an excellent coach and that being said she is in that group with Kim Mulkey and Tara VanDerveer and Gary Blair...did not mean any disrespect to ND or Muffet...

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
No...because this is not boxing. In WCBB you have to beat who ever is in front of you. Recall that before ND got the most recent NC shots at UCONN it had shots and TA&M and Baylor-ND whiffed on both. A ND obsession with UCONN is not a good thing for ND. UCONN didn't look around at the FF last year and say Hey, where Is ND? ND might have been looking to far ahead and got clipped by Stanford.
Baylor was a great team and they out played us. But the refs changed the way they called the game in the second half of the Texas A&M game. They called it close in the first half and N.D. was up and the Aggies were in foul trouble.. Then in the second half they let them get physical and Danielle Adams just bullied us in the paint. Irish bodies were flying every where and fouls they were calling were not being called . You have to be consistent. I said that to Muffet at the library one day and she laughed and said you saw that to. Yes were both bias but to me it changed the game.
Ever notice that only the losing teams comments on the referees? Why is that? I heard the same drivel from Baylor fans reference Griner against Louisville in 2013 and I have heard the same thing from UCONN fans in reference to ND victories over UCONN 2012-13-All weak excuses. Danielle Adams played her behind off and beat ND!

Reaction Score
Notre Dame would have none if Shea and Svet didnt get hurt. 2 first team AAs!

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Ever notice that only the losing teams comments on the referees? Why is that? I heard the same drivel from Baylor fans reference Griner against Louisville in 2013 and I have heard the same thing from UCONN fans in reference to ND victories over UCONN 2012-13-All weak excuses. Danielle Adams played her behind off and beat ND!

Totally agree. Bad refs are just part of the game. You must rise up and overcome! Period.

N.B. This will not stop me from raving like a lunatic when I watch games live.

Reaction Score
So you have never blamed the refs for a loss? Interesting. Of course people who win dont have to. THEY WON!!! Who complains after a win other then a coach ?

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Whether or not it's actually valid (and I suspect not), there is no team in all of collegiate sports that the official's whistle or flag seemingly rescues from defeat more often than Notre Dame.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Thats what i hear. I also hear injuries are part of the game. Let us have one would ya .

Notre Dame also handily beat Connecticut when they played with Svet/Shea. In 3 games that season, Notre Dame won by 15 at home, lost on a buzzer beater at Connecticut, and then won by 16 in the Final Four. On paper UCONN had one of its most talented teams ever, but Notre Dame was the better team that year.

Reaction Score
[QUO and TE="southbendcane, post: 1823976, member: 7230"]Not at all. Just making a point that we have had more success against U Conn then Stanford in defense to a earlier post. To be the champ you have to beat the champ. Until that happens on a consistent basis N.D. is just a squirrel trying to get a nut.
No...because this is not boxing. In WCBB you have to beat who ever is in front of you. Recall that before ND got the most recent NC shots at UCONN it had shots and TA&M and Baylor-ND whiffed on both. A ND obsession with UCONN is not a good thing for ND. UCONN didn't look around at the FF last year and say Hey, where Is ND? ND might have been looking to far ahead and got clipped by Stanford.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't call it obsessed . Thats a little harsh. I doubt N.D. was looking ahead to U Conn when they played the Cardinals. Stanford is one of the best women's programs in basketball. Its not like it was the Final Four and they were playing U Conn next. They still had a few more games to win after that game. Stanford shot lights out and we didn't have our best stuff. Sometimes the best team doesnt win. Baylor lost to Louisville. U Conn lost some games they were suppose to win. It happens. For you to say they lost because of their obsession for U Conn is odd to me. I guess Baylor and South Carolina lost because they were looking ahead to lol.

ocoandasoc

Fan of MizzoUConn
Reaction Score
Whether or not it's actually valid (and I suspect not), there is no team in all of collegiate sports that the official's whistle or flag seemingly rescues from defeat more often than Notre Dame.

It's not the refs.... it's the hand of God!

Reaction Score
I wouldn't call it obsessed . Thats a little harsh. I doubt N.D. was looking ahead to U Conn when they played the Cardinals. Stanford is one of the best women's programs in basketball. Its not like it was the Final Four and they were playing U Conn next. They still had a few more games to win after that game. Stanford shot lights out and we didn't have our best stuff. Sometimes the best team doesnt win. Baylor lost to Louisville. U Conn lost some games they were suppose to win. It happens. For you to say they lost because of their obsession for U Conn is odd to me. I guess Baylor and South Carolina lost because they were looking ahead to lol.[/QUOTE]
Notre Dame also handily beat Connecticut when they played with Svet/Shea. In 3 games that season, Notre Dame won by 15 at home, lost on a buzzer beater at Connecticut, and then won by 16 in the Final Four. On paper UCONN had one of its most talented teams ever, but Notre Dame was the better team that year.
We both know this but thats never going to fly on this board. They were better the year they beat them 3 times to. You can only beat a good team so many times. Sooner or later they will win one. Problem is they won the one that mattered the most.

Reaction Score
It has been many decades since I cared that much about a 17 year old woman's decision. But I am enjoying reading all the hub-bub about Megan Walker. Please, carry on.......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak