Re: Megan Walker's Twitter Page | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Re: Megan Walker's Twitter Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
IMO it's Wilson 1A,.. Turner 1B..Steven's 1C pretty much the way they were ranked coming out of HS

ESPN had Wilson #1, Turner #2, Stevens #23
Prospects Nation had Wilson #3, Turner #5, Stevens #41

So there was a little bit separation coming out of high school. Not so much now.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
Wally East- - -I was saying they take the unheralded, lower ranked type of player and make them an asset with THE #1 PLAYER to win Championships! I didn't say they won Championships WITHOUT a #1 player!
Every player that has finished their eligibility at UCONN has improved by leaps and bounds by the time they graduate! Briana Polido, Tierney Lawlor, Stacey Marron, Ashley Valley, Megan Gardler, Tahirah Williams, Jacquie Fernandes, Marci Czel, & Christine Rigby to name a few, have left UCONN a much better player than when they came in! Geno & staff makes sure if the player is willing to put in the time and hard work they'll be better for it!

Maybe I'm misreading you, still, which is my fault, and I apologize. Are you saying that it takes just one #1 player on a team + former walk-ons to win a title? I mean, I love the players you mentioned but I think you might be stretching.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Yea but check the earrings and the necklace. Rule number 3081: never buy shoes from a store where the offer to throw in a pair of matching earrings and a necklace for free.

Don't forget the matching faux fur jacket.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I dare say you just described 70 percent of college grads or attendee's.

At one of our local colleges, 45% of degree seekers will graduate in a major <other> than the one they initially chose. This isn't so much a function of poor academic advising (though that can be a factor in some cases) as it is the shifting interests of young people and those older students who are "re-entering." Every person, story and reason is different.

Reaction Score
IMO it's Wilson 1A,.. Turner 1B..Steven's 1C pretty much the way they were ranked coming out of HS and also based on head to head performances. Wilson has separated herself from the others this year on the less glamorous (defensive) side of the ball. Wilson will enter this season as the favorite for NPOY and NDOY awards. What is remarkable is that Stevens is even in the conversation. I'll try to be nice here, Stevens is a thoroughbred, but for the last two years she is being directed by a coach that not even qualified to direct donkey's.
That is why I said 2018 with a year under Geno and staff. AS has a better all around game than both of them. There is no limit for her. What JPM did for her and what Geno does for her will be like night and day. Brionna Jones IMO should be the front runner this year. I havent seen much improvement in Wilsons game under Staley either. I also said high school reputations follow players to WCBB and in this case it is true. As for Turner she gets her pts from running the lane or off. rebounds because she has a terrible shot from 5 ft and out but she will get POY votes.Kiah Stokes numbers kill hers in half the mins played and she didnt get 1st or 2nd team all AAC in which the league is weak.Watch the jump AZ makes just in attitude. That is what will make her that player..

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I havent seen much improvement in Wilsons game under Staley either.
There has been great improvement in Wilson's game under Dawn. 1) She was the SEC Defensive player of the year as a Sophomore and became SC go to scorer during the latter part of the season when Tiffany got hurt. She was 1st Team All American as a Sophomore and recorded more than half of the teams blocks (100 of 182). She led SC in scoring. Dawn has deployed her to many more places on the floor than she did as a Freshmen. She now can attack from the wing, baseline, and initiate or finish the high low. She now has a one dribble pull up which was not there or rarely displayed a year ago.

Reaction Score
There has been great improvement in Wilson's game under Dawn. 1) She was the SEC Defensive player of the year as a Sophomore and became SC go to scorer during the latter part of the season when Tiffany got hurt. She was 1st Team All American as a Sophomore and recorded more than half of the teams blocks (100 of 182). She led SC in scoring. Dawn has deployed her to many more places on the floor than she did as a Freshmen. She now can attack from the wing, baseline, and initiate or finish the high low. She now has a one dribble pull up which was not there or rarely displayed a year ago.
Last year if you take Stewie and Moriah out of the equation is she your player of the year? Mine would be easily NO. 3 Morgan Tuck!

HGN

Reaction Score
Question...Who do you think will be the first BY'er to report Walker's decision after she announces it? My money is on JavaMan or Orangutan. Those two are the Boneyard's "ACE" reporters. :)
My rock coins are on the Caveman. :)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The Caveman is my favorite genetic remnant, and Orangutan is my favorite non human mammal. But my money's on Charliebball. No pressure CBB. Nothing but love for you all.

Reaction Score
I definitely don't & won't trust you. I do hope you are right but I already know you are wrong. ND does not have a player on the roster that going to get in the way of Megan's playing time.
You act like she is Stewie. She is good but Mabrey and Ogumbawale are as well. Those 2 averaged the same amount as KLS last year and she was a starter and they came off the bench. They should do even better this year as starters. With 2 years under their belt before Walker even steps on the court why is it not realistic? They will have the system down . Iv watched Megan play several times and i dont see her doing anything those 2 cant do. Not as good a shooter as Mabrey and not as physical as Ogunbawale but she has a good all around game. Of course she will play. But at best she splits time and probably comes off the bench.

Reaction Score
Geno said he doesnt see a transcendant player like Stewie coming to or in the college ranks. She is top ranked and these 3 teams want her but she isnt a Stewie, Griner, Parker, Moore, Taurasi or a Holdsclaw. 6 players 15 NCs and 9 for Connecticut. Only 1 for Mulkey, 5 for Summit(miss you Pat) and 9 for Geno. Where should MW go? Uconn has Geno and they dont.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
You act like she is Stewie. She is good but Mabrey and Ogumbawale are as well. Those 2 averaged the same amount as KLS last year and she was a starter and they came off the bench. They should do even better this year as starters. With 2 years under their belt before Walker even steps on the court why is it not realistic? They will have the system down . Iv watched Megan play several times and i dont see her doing anything those 2 cant do. Not as good a shooter as Mabrey and not as physical as Ogunbawale but she has a good all around game. Of course she will play. But at best she splits time and probably comes off the bench.
It will be a while before we have another Stewie, so don't drag her name into your confusement. To simply: When and if Megan Walker steps on the ND campus ( I'm gagging as I'm writing that) she will be immediately better than anyone on the ND roster at the SG/SF position because she has the ability to create her own shot and create opportunities for others. ND would have graduated it's floor general & 4 year starter (Allen). Boley & Young are gifted scorers but someone will need to set them up. Patberg is the only pure PG on the roster and you not going to convince me that ND will start Mabrey & Ogumbawale & Patberg while Megan Walker, Boley, Young watch sit.
I checked with Megan and she says you are making a great case for her not coming to ND if you think she going to sit behind Mabrey and Ogumbawale, so keep up the good work.

Reaction Score
This year ND should be favored but not in any way is Turner better than Stevens. She has no shot beyond 5 feet and dont blame the shoulder. AS is the total package and that is after playing for McCallie. Imo POY in 2018!
I get the feeling if she was still in a Duke uniform you would have a different opinion. I dont see Stevens draining three pointers either. I agree with the limited range on Turner. I brought it up on McGraws Bench and they jumped all over me. All i know is in high school Turner was ranked #2 and Stevens was #23. Turners team has beaten her every time head to head as well. Turner has won more awards in the ACC and been first team while Azura has been second team in most part. Their stats are pretty even head to head but Stevens played more minutes. But Camara averaged 4 points at U.K. and Husky fans act like she is a All American. Shes just a big body. Butler might be better then her. Boley is a beast . She will be one of the best to put on a N.D. jersey. Talk about the whole package.

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm misreading you, still, which is my fault, and I apologize. Are you saying that it takes just one #1 player on a team + former walk-ons to win a title? I mean, I love the players you mentioned but I think you might be stretching.

Wally East- - -It takes at least 2-3 great players to win a Championship and Geno & staff makes sure the rest are playing their very best BB at crunch time! To win an NCAA WBB Championship you have to have a great PG and at least 1 great big girl! Then you need everyone else, those just below the stars and the type of players I named above to be at the top of their game to have a legit shot! Everyone who leaves UCONN is better, as a player, as a person, and as a student for having been coached by Geno, CD, Shea, & Marissa!
Geno & staff do the total WCBB experience better than any other Div. I school! If other teams, ND, SoCar, MD, Stanford, Duke, TX, Baylor, L'ville, were doing it as good or better where are their Championships? The proof are the Championship pennants flying in the rafters!

Reaction Score
MW retweeted this: Home visit with Shakira Austin I believe.........UConn also visited with her

ampagne mamí ‏@Theylove_kira 19m19 minutes agoVirginia, USA

Oh yeah...Tex #HookEm
1f402.png

CtZBcHPUkAAFuqM.jpg

Reaction Score

If those 2 Irish had Stewart, Tuck and Jefferson on their team their minutes would have been cut in half and their scoring by even more. I watched both of them last year and while they were very effective scorers early in the season their flaws were exposed as the season went on and by the time they played Stanford they were non-factors.

And while I'm at it how can anyone count on Young, Boley and Patberg to do anything when they haven't even played one minute of NCAA BB? They may end up as AA's but a lot of Irish fans seem to talk like they are seasoned upperclassmen. Dangerfield isn't even factored into UConn's prospects this year and she was ranked higher than any of that Irish threesome. She showed that she could play at the next level when she teamed up with Wilson, Stevens, et al in the U19 tournament. Playing with team mates who were 2 years ahead of her, Dangerfield has more chance at being a contributor than any of the untested Irish players but freshmen are freshmen.

Reaction Score
It will be a while before we have another Stewie, so don't drag her name into your confusement. To simply: When and if Megan Walker steps on the ND campus ( I'm gagging as I'm writing that) she will be immediately better than anyone on the ND roster at the SG/SF position because she has the ability to create her own shot and create opportunities for others. ND would have graduated it's floor general & 4 year starter (Allen). Boley & Young are gifted scorers but someone will need to set them up. Patberg is the only pure PG on the roster and you not going to convince me that ND will start Mabrey & Ogumbawale & Patberg while Megan Walker, Boley, Young watch sit.
I checked with Megan and she says you are making a great case for her not coming to ND if you think she going to sit behind Mabrey and Ogumbawale, so keep up the good work.[. If Megan is a team player she will adjust to splitting time with others. Especially her first year. They might start both this year. Im sure one can play the 3 when needed. Id go Turner , Boley , Allen , Mabrey and Ogumbawale. With Westbeld, Patberg and Young getting minutes and throw in Nelson and Johnson here and there. Sounds like a solid rotation. By the way Megan doesn't talk to stray dogs lol.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
And while I'm at it how can anyone count on Young, Boley and Patberg to do anything when they haven't even played one minute of NCAA BB? They may end up as AA's but a lot of Irish fans seem to talk like they are seasoned upperclassmen. Dangerfield isn't even factored into UConn's prospects this year and she was ranked higher than any of that Irish threesome. She showed that she could play at the next level when she teamed up with Wilson, Stevens, et al in the U19 tournament. Playing with team mates who were 2 years ahead of her, Dangerfield has more chance at being a contributor than any of the untested Irish players but freshmen are freshmen.

There's a track record of freshman making major contributions at ND. Loyd in 12-13, Allen in 13-14, Turner in 14-15, Mabrey2 and Arike in 15-16.

Dangerfield was ranked higher by ESPN, but Young is the highest-ranked of the 3 by Prospects Nation and the Naismith POY and Boley won the Gatorade POY, so it depends on who you ask.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
If those 2 Irish had Stewart, Tuck and Jefferson on their team their minutes would have been cut in half and their scoring by even more. I watched both of them last year and while they were very effective scorers early in the season their flaws were exposed as the season went on and by the time they played Stanford they were non-factors.

Because, the canes theme is Boley throughout all his posts, nudge, nudge, wink, wink. Maybe Westbeld should just transfer now.

Reaction Score

Not sure how you figure Dangerfield isnt factored in ? Most people think she will start and some have said she will be better then Jefferson.Iv watched enough womens hoops to know a good one. Boley will be one of the best ever for N.D. Young might take a year or two but she will be solid. Patberg will be similar to Allen but more vocal and better leadership if she recovers from her injury ok. Trust me our girls have played with older players to. They've been starting as under classmen and played in about every major tournament since they became players.

Reaction Score
Tara from Stanford is better than MM.
If your going by one win last year or many years ago . But in the last 5 years Notre Dame has became the #2 team to U Conn. Not Stanford. Will see how this year goes.

Reaction Score
I haven't seen so many twists, turns and subplots since the last episode of The Guiding Light.
Thats not how i read it. One person was jumping the gun and everyone else said slow down. I have a bad feeling Megan told them she is going to another school so they are getting more aggressive with Westbrook. If Megan said yes with all the guards they have i dont think they would need to chase another one. Its been clear that Westbrooks father played on the west coast and she more then likely will stay close to home. Maybe they went down there to meet the parents out of respect and show them how interested they are in her and to assure them that she is in good hands if she chooses N.D and hope to win them over.

Reaction Score
I get the feeling if she was still in a Duke uniform you would have a different opinion. I dont see Stevens draining three pointers either. I agree with the limited range on Turner. I brought it up on McGraws Bench and they jumped all over me. All i know is in high school Turner was ranked #2 and Stevens was #23. Turners team has beaten her every time head to head as well. Turner has won more awards in the ACC and been first team while Azura has been second team in most part. Their stats are pretty even head to head but Stevens played more minutes. But Camara averaged 4 points at U.K. and Husky fans act like she is a All American. Shes just a big body. Butler might be better then her. Boley is a beast . She will be one of the best to put on a N.D. jersey. Talk about the whole package.
Dude go back on the Notre dame where u belong. U have no idea what your talking about. Mcallie dukes head coach isn't in the same league as GENO same as Mitchell. Stevens and camera under GENO and coaching staff lights out. Come talk to us after they have this year under there belt. And Boyle hasn't played a single game yet. When muffet and Notre dame can win 11 national titles then come back to our board. Until then the Irish have nothing on uconn I don't care what recruits they bring in... Enough said!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom