Raphael Chillious interim coach | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Raphael Chillious interim coach

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I swear some of you people live in the woods.

It’s not like he’s been named head coach, he’s handling business while UConn looks for a new coach.

There really wasn’t even a second option.

And as for ‘tainted’, he’s on a staff currently being investigated for nonsense that happened before he got here.

Morons.
I do live in the woods, but even I understood this.

Reaction Score
Chill has a sketchy past. Wrong choice IMO.
He is only there because somebody has to answer the phone. Good news for him is they wouldn't make him interim coach if he were part of the NCAA investigation.

Reaction Score
3BF4E1DD-94B8-4858-8A27-3817C24F0D70.gif
I swear some of you people live in the woods.

It’s not like he’s been named head coach, he’s handling business while UConn looks for a new coach.

There really wasn’t even a second option.

And as for ‘tainted’, he’s on a staff currently being investigated for nonsense that happened before he got here.

Morons.

Reaction Score
This is strictly procedural, as Chillious is still getting a salary so he gets elevated at no extra cost to the university. Chillious coached teams are 17 under .500 the past year and a half.

Reaction Score
He is following him, but it doesn’t mean he just started following him. When you look at someone’s twitter followers the people you follow are normally at the top

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
It would be nice if Chill stays. We need some coaches who spend some more time looking at film. I think we did a poor job of identifying tendencies or exploiting weaknesses. Houston's Gray is a great example. Did we ever overplay his weak hand? Nope, we just let him go time and time again.

C

Chief00

Kissing some huh? Chill ain't no fool!

While I understand the interim nature of these mechanics which Fishy spelled out, Chief is a big advocate of keeping Chill - he’s a good guy and a great recruiter. Obviously, it’s the new head coach’s decision but I go back to Calhoun keeping Howie for continuity even though there was a lot that needed to change. With Hurley’s contacts in NJ/NYC/Philly and Chill’s on the West Coast, Baltimore and actually in New England from his Kent days - you have a good base you can fill around with the other recruiter - Tom Moore?

Last edited by a moderator:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom