Raphael Chillious interim coach | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Raphael Chillious interim coach

C

Chief00

Isn't this just stage 2 of the Blaze strategy?

If it plays out like I am hoping, I think it might be recognition Blaze was something that was working but too new to make a difference until next season - so why blow it up? While I agree with Fishy that Chill was the natural interim - I am hoping with my heart it gives him a chance to shine keeping the recruits and team together that could lead to a staff position. Mission One - is always stabilize and stop the bleeding.

Reaction Score
If it plays out like I am hoping, I think it might be recognition Blaze was something that was working but too new to make a difference until next season - so why blow it up? While I agree with Fishy that Chill was the natural interim - I am hoping with my heart it gives him a chance to shine keeping the recruits and team together that could lead to a staff position. Mission One - is always stabilize and stop the bleeding.
Even if it's just a year to keep it all together so we don't start from complete scratch it's not a bad idea. Let chill recruit and bring in some X's and O's guys

Reaction Score
Hurley, Moore, Chillious. I think they'd be able to recruit.
The new coach may keep someone from the current staff but t is more likely he brings in his own people.

C

Chief00

This is strictly procedural, as Chillious is still getting a salary so he gets elevated at no extra cost to the university. Chillious coached teams are 17 under .500 the past year and a half.

He wasn’t the head coach on these teams - his key assignment - recruiting he did well.

Reaction Score
It would be nice if Chill stays. We need some coaches who spend some more time looking at film. I think we did a poor job of identifying tendencies or exploiting weaknesses. Houston's Gray is a great example. Did we ever overplay his weak hand? Nope, we just let him go time and time again.
I don't see Ollie and staff up until all hours of the night breaking down film. The lack of preparation obviously showed up in the team's performance.

Reaction Score
He wasn’t the head coach on these teams - his key assignment - recruiting he did well.
Agreed, but his team's records are pretty abysmal, to the point where you have to wonder if he's much of a coach. I hope we can retain him to recruit though.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Most of us have to look at our keyboards while typing, though.
You actually use a real keyboard to type on here still??? My letters just pop up on my screen :D

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Until the tourney is over. You have stated AD Dave does not fire without someone in the wings... Don’t go off reservation, Chief. Chill is just there through Easter to open the mail. He’s gone in a few weeks when “Hurls” gets here. Right?

Reaction Score
Stop with the Blaze. It makes even you look silly.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Call Moore and Chill Co-Associate Head Coaches like channel 8 did when they brought in Joe Furey as a Co Meterologist.
Let’s hope it pans out better than that. Furey is going to pass out if we have another Nor’easter this month

Reaction Score
Never thought the guy added anything and he should be flushed as part of the KO cadre. Should have appointed Hobbs interim.
@Chief00 why doesn’t the casual fan realize Hobbs is no longer working for UConn?

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
Even if it's just a year to keep it all together so we don't start from complete scratch it's not a bad idea. Let chill recruit and bring in some X's and O's guys

Last year Chillious was touted as an "Elite"
Recruiter and talent evaluator . "Elite" to the point that no matter who UConn brought in to coach , that coach and new staff wouldn't recruit on his level. I'm sure since he's that good and just got here, there's discussions
about keeping him.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Let’s hope it pans out better than that. Furey is going to pass out if we have another Nor’easter this month

I can’t for the life of me figure out how there are so many tv weatherpeople.

weather.gov gives me the right answer in 15 seconds and I don’t get 15 minutes about the Snow Monster. Because I care what the road temperature is on the Berlin Turnpike.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I can’t for the life of me figure out how there are so many tv weatherpeople.

weather.gov gives me the right answer in 15 seconds and I don’t get 15 minutes about the Snow Monster. Because I care what the road temperature is on the Berlin Turnpike.
Furey on now. Looks like he just ran in from the bar and splashed water on his face. I believe every sentence he said was directly contradicted by the one that followed. At one point he said the entire state is going to be “obliterated.”

Reaction Score
This is a non-story. Someone has to keep the lights on and practice the kids until the school year is over. It wouldn't break my heart if he ended up on the new staff but I would guess that is a long shot.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
No. I don't even know who that is. I'm guessing I'm missing something here.....
WNTH weather clown.

He just said “spectacular bombogenesis.”

And he wears a pocket square.

Reaction Score
This is strictly procedural, as Chillious is still getting a salary so he gets elevated at no extra cost to the university. Chillious coached teams are 17 under .500 the past year and a half.
That’s as an assistant. I don’t think Chill loses a game as head coach here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom