Raphael "Blaze" Chillious | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Raphael "Blaze" Chillious

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
So Creighton was worthy but we weren't. TCU was worthy but we weren't. We've either overstated the value of our 4 NCs or these guys are morans.

We overstate the value of 4 NCs but people here live life with blue colored glasses. Sports are a money making business winning championships is secondary. Fandom prays on the later to ensure the former.

Reaction Score
We overstate the value of 4 NCs but people here live life with blue colored glasses. Sports are a money making business winning championships is secondary. Fandom prays on the later to ensure the former.
This is a weird statement. No fans are bragging about how much money their school has (Syracuse is a possible exception) all that matters to fans is championships.

Reaction Score
Not really - possible to have one of the best list of accomplishments in CBB history and be a mess of a program at the same time. Assistants for San Francisco aren't being handed bags either.

Reaction Score
Not really - possible to have one of the best list of accomplishments in CBB history and be a mess of a program at the same time. Assistants for San Francisco aren't being handed bags either.

The last half (3 year) of the Ollie era was a complete mess. The first 3 years were not.

Dysfunction is measured in wins and losses. They overperformed the first 2 years--were as expected the 3rd. Then we began going downhill in the 4th, and the 5th and 6th were disasters.

Can't believe people are not glad that circumstances were such that we didn't take any money. It's a good thing we didn't take any money!

Reaction Score
I'm just sad we weren't worthy of their money.
We’d be the ones hit with actual sanctions much worse than a 1- year scholarship reduction had Chillious been worthy. So let’s be thankful.

Reaction Score
We’d be the ones hit with actual sanctions much worse than a 1- year scholarship reduction had Chillious been worthy. So let’s be thankful.

Good thing Ollie fired Miller and hired Chillious...........Chillious had all the angles covered......including his own pockets

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Wait, your takeaway from this is that Norlander is wrong?
Wait, you don't understand what he's trying to get at?
What did Norlander say that was/is in fact a provable action?
Some people have the hate KO glasses that are glued to their ears

Reaction Score
So Creighton was worthy but we weren't. TCU was worthy but we weren't. We've either overstated the value of our 4 NCs or these guys are morans.

Norlander explained in subsequent tweets, but some of those guys were connected to certain recruits they were after. Less about the program, more about the recruiter's specific current connections.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
FTFY
Mmm your lack of reading comprehension doesn't make his observation dumb.

Sorry, not sorry.

Reaction Score
Mmm your lack of reading comprehension doesn't make his observation dumb.

Sorry, not sorry.
It's a dumb take to attack the reporter and not the idiot assistant coach we had. But fanboys gonna fanboy

C

Chief00

I don’t really understand what the accusation is against Chill - that he talked to someone who worked for a sneaker company who under other circumstances may have offered a player money to go to UConn but never made the offer that Chill may have accepted or turned down but we will never know because it never happened. If there’s something bad about talking to someone at a sneaker company I imagine every college coach would have to resign.
If there is something else on the tape I will reconsider but based on this limited information that would be my take.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I don’t really understand what the accusation is against Chill - that he talked to someone who worked for a sneaker company who under other circumstances may have agreed to offer a player money to go to UConn but never made the offer that Chill may have accepted or turned down but we will never know because it never happened. If there’s something bad about talking to someone at a sneaker company I imagine every college coach would have to resign.
If there is something else on the tape I will reconsider but based on this limited information that would be my take.
G to someone at a sneaker

It was the financial adviser. Chillious talked to an agent who was working with someone who had become an FBI informant and was video-"tapping" people. The agent was unaware the adviser had been flipped by FBI, so he was acting normally. The agent was paying assistant coaches to convince players to sign with his company and use this guy as a financial adviser. In some cases, the coaches passed on some of the money to players. In the case of Chill, he was never offered money because he didn't have any solid enough connections to worthwhile recruits.

There's a separate sneaker company thing, but I don't think that's this part of the investigation.

C

Chief00

It was the financial adviser. Chillious talked to an agent who was working with someone who had become an FBI informant and was video-"tapping" people. The agent was unaware the adviser had been flipped by FBI, so he was acting normally. The agent was paying assistant coaches to convince players to sign with his company and use this guy as a financial adviser. In some cases, the coaches passed on some of the money to players. In the case of Chill, he was never offered money because he didn't have any solid enough connections to worthwhile recruits.
So instead of an employee of a sneaker company it was someone who had a connection with them and traveled in basketball circles and apparently paid coaches to in turn steer recruits to a sneaker company. While the mechanics of the hypothetical is different, I don’t know why that would change my take? Nothing was offered so Chill did not accept or or turn down anything. Maybe I am missing something and hopefully there will be an article of some substance rather than a couple of tweets to sort out.
At these tournaments everyone talks to everyone - sure some are shady actors but it kind of goes with the territory and is ok - as long as the talk is not of a criminal nature.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
So instead of an employee of a sneaker company it was someone who had a connection with them and traveled in basketball circles and apparently paid coaches to in turn steer recruits to a sneaker company. While the mechanics of the hypothetical is different, I don’t know why that would change my take? Nothing was offered so Chill did not accept or or turn down anything. Maybe I am missing something and hopefully there will be an article of some substance rather than a couple of tweets to sort out.
Nothing was offered because Chill and his Blaze strategy were deemed too irrelevant to influence kids

Reaction Score
At these tournaments everyone talks to everyone - sure some are shady actors but it kind of goes with the territory and is ok - as long as the talk is not of a criminal nature.

Neither UConn nor Chill will get in trouble. There are no NCAA or FBI implications.

Reaction Score
"their coaches would have been offered, and likely accepted, money."

This is an indictment of UConn's integrity. Is it worthy of a letter, or more, from UConn's attorneys to Mr. Norlander? Just who is Norlander anyway?

No, it's not. It's pure speculation that isn't worthy of being stated. You don't accuse people of what you think they would have hypothetically done under certain circumstances -- only of something they did.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom