Ranking Prediction | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ranking Prediction

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I think Iowa might replace Stanford in the Top 5, I also think those voting would love to see a #1 South Carolina vs #2 LSU game next Sunday, winner taking control of the SEC rankings. It’d be great for marketing, especially with the Super Bowl being the talk of that day.
The AP voters are sportswriters. They don’t care about ESPN rankings

Reaction Score
LSU still hasn't proven a thing. Indiana has one loss on the season, and should jump to 2nd. LSU will probably stay third. Stanford should drop several spots, but considering the AP voters don't seem to like Connecticut much, Stanford might only drop fo 4th. I wouldn't even put it past them to drop Connecticut to 6th.

My ranking would be South Carolina, Indiana, LSU, Connecticut, Iowa, Stanford.

Reaction Score
1. S. Carolina
2. LSU
3. Indiana
4. Iowa
5. UConn
6. Maryland
7. Stanford

Reaction Score
1) SC, 2) LSU, 3) Indiana, 4) Uconn 5) Stanford.
No matter how weak LSU's schedule or recent MOVs are, they can not ignore the 22-0 record and will delay placing them lower until they see how the SC game turns out. It will be hard for Uconn to pass Indiana until they take a second loss (although they would all place their money on Uconn against Indiana or LSU). Utah will press the top 5 but not yet.

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to compare how LSU does next week in the battle of the undefeateds. If our 5-man roster can lose to the champs by only 4, LSU is going to have to show something better to stay ahead of us. But that's 2 polls from now, and meanwhile we have our own garden to hoe.

Reaction Score
The only guarantee is SC #1. The remaining 4 are a toss-up. Stanford has some tough games left, LSU will lose to SC next week, Ind has Iowa and OSU and we have 'Nova, so it will all work out and I like our chances to be top 2-3 if we run the table.

Reaction Score
Nova played UCONN tough and had a couple double digit wins. Numerous teams ahead of them lost. How far do they jump at.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
1. SC
2. LSU - only because they haven't lost
3. Indiana
4. UConn
5. Stamford

I do not see Iowa jumping UConn or Stamford.

The writers are completely unpredictable. So who knows.

Reaction Score
1. SC
2. LSU

Not sure about anyone else, tbh. I don’t understand how the voters think. I have suspicions that UConn will stay at 5, for better or worse. I’ve said before that LSU will stay ranked as 2 until they lose, but I don’t see how they don’t get blown out by SC.

The question for me is if LSU loses by a lot to SC, I don’t know how UConn and Stanford can be ranked below LSU moving forward.

Reaction Score
The rankings are meaningless to me. We are going to the NCAAT regardless and nobody is going to want UCONN in their side of the bracket especially if Azzi and Caroline return but I expect that everyone will embrace the challenge despite.

Reaction Score
UConn should move up to #4 possibly #3 since votes were very close from #3 to #5 last week. Let's see how the AP voters work their magic tomorrow. Note, when Stanford lost to South Carolina (5 points), didn't Stanford remain at the #2 spot?

Reaction Score
1. SC
2. LSU
3. Indiana
4. Stanfraud
5. Iowa
6. Utah
7. UConn

We would have been 8th if ND didn't lose.

Reaction Score
Have we told you lately how much we like having you around? ;)

What’s up with your Cards?
And I really enjoy hanging around here....

In today's post-game presser Walz said there are moments when he feels like he has a Top 5 team followed by stretches where he has the #295 team. I think Top 5, even at their best, is a stretch. Offense is too stagnant and predictable, and the defense has not been up to the usual standard. This looks like a Sweet 16 team right now. Gonna have to beat a Top 16 team on their home court to get that far.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

In today's post-game presser Walz said there are moments when he feels like he has a Top 5 team followed by stretches where he has the #295 team. I think Top 5, even at their best, is a stretch. Offense is too stagnant and predictable, and the defense has not been up to the usual standard. This looks like a Sweet 16 team right now. Gonna have to beat a Top 16 team on their home court to get that far.
Good luck to you guys

Reaction Score
I think Iowa might replace Stanford in the Top 5, I also think those voting would love to see a #1 South Carolina vs #2 LSU game next Sunday, winner taking control of the SEC rankings. It’d be great for marketing, especially with the Super Bowl being the talk of that day.
Grand idea Waiting to see how it plays out

Reaction Score
My personal rankings
  1. South Carolina (23-0)
  2. Indiana (22-1)
  3. UConn (21-3)
  4. LSU (23-0)
  5. Iowa (19-4)
  6. Utah (20-2)
  7. Stanford (22-3)
  8. Maryland (19-5)
  9. Duke (20-3)
  10. Notre Dame (18-4)
AP prediction
1. South Carolina
2. LSU
3. Indiana
4. UConn
5. Iowa
6. Stanford
7. Utah
8. Maryland
9. ?
10. ?

As many said before, LSU will be #2 so they can hype a #1 vs. #2 showdown. UConn should move up b/c how tough they played SC, but if Iowa jumps to 4 I wouldn’t be surprised. Stanford should drop considerably b/c of a bad loss to Washington. USC was a more respectable loss. MD should stay idle at 8 b/c the Ohio State blowout evens out the Iowa loss. #9 & #10 is anybody’s guess b/c ND (9), Ohio St (10), UNC (11) & Iowa St (12) all lost & VA Tech (13) only played once this week beating Syracuse.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Great victory today, warms my heart.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom