Ranking Prediction | The Boneyard

Ranking Prediction

Reaction Score
UConn (#5) played a competitive game against the #1 team in the Country. Stanford (#2) has just suffered their second lost to an unranked team this season and LSU (#3) barely beat unranked Texas A&M (6 points)

We mentioned earlier in the chat that UConn might stay at #5. Any updated predictions on where the team will be ranked tomorrow?

Reaction Score
There is no way that Stanford can stay in the top 4 after this. We all know how we feel about LSU's schedule, but until they get blown out by SC we will have to live with them being ahead of us. Coin toss as to whether Indiana are ahead of us or not but we should be moving up and Stanford down tomorrow.

Reaction Score
There is no way that Stanford can stay in the top 4 after this. We all know how we feel about LSU's schedule, but until they get blown out by SC we will have to live with them being ahead of us. Coin toss as to whether Indiana are ahead of us or not but we should be moving up and Stanford down tomorrow.
I agree. They've lost to two unranked teams and SC.

Reaction Score
UConn (#5) played a competitive game against the #1 team in the Country. Stanford (#2) has just suffered their second lost to an unranked team this season and LSU (#3) barely beat unranked Texas A&M (6 points)

We mentioned earlier in the chat that UConn might stay at #5. Any updated predictions on where the team will be ranked tomorrow?

Reaction Score
Who knows anymore.. When UCONN beat Nova, Nova jumped up a couple of spots and UCONN stayed put.... I can see even though we lost by 4.... I could see us going down two to three spots, just because we lost.
Remember there is no rhyme or reason to WCBB. That has been made very clear this season.

Reaction Score
UCONN remains at #5. It's #1 South Carolina, #2 LSU, #3 Indiana, #4 Stanford, & #5 UCONN. Remember Huskies lost, too.

Reaction Score
I think Iowa might replace Stanford in the Top 5, I also think those voting would love to see a #1 South Carolina vs #2 LSU game next Sunday, winner taking control of the SEC rankings. It’d be great for marketing, especially with the Super Bowl being the talk of that day.
You read my mind! They are going to ride LSU to the bank no matter what to make the money for that game....

Reaction Score
UConn has to win out in the regular season and lBig East Tournament and that should setup a rematch with USC in the final game of the season.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Dag, I had forgotten that Stanford lost to Southern Cal.

Reaction Score
1: SC
2: LSU (so the 1v2 matchup can be hyped for next weekend)
3: Indiana
4:Stanford
6or7: UConn (simply because they lost today)

Reaction Score
1. South Carolina
2. LSU
3. UCONN
4. Indiana

UCONN won't move too far if at all and they have by far the easiest schedule the rest of the way. If they win the BE Tournament which they should they will enter the tournament as the 2 seed which means SC will be a Championship matchup if it all. UCONN has played a lot of quality teams and this is the first game they lost that they didn't have a player go down to injury during the game.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
If it were my job to rank the Huskies, I would not know how to go about it. Should I use the record they have now only, or should I figure in the difference that Caroline and Azzi will make when they return? I duno. I think I would be inclined to give them at least a slight edge for future prospects. I don't know if the actual voters do or not.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
1 - SC
2 - LSU
3 - Indiana
4 - Stanford
5 - UConn

My other guess is Stanford and UConn swap

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
No way can I put LSU over UConn. LSU's best win is versus TN. UConn's best win is vs the first place team in the ACC :cool:;):p:D:eek:
Agree, but the voters are enamored with undefeated teams and sometimes punish other teams inconsistently

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom