Randy has now fired BOTH of his coordinators! | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Randy has now fired BOTH of his coordinators!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
But aren't Maryland's harlequin uniforms (like the Oregon clown suits) the entertainment?

Reaction Score
But aren't Maryland's harlequin uniforms (like the Oregon clown suits) the entertainment?

Totally on target about Maryland uniforms . . . they're Fuah-ugly. Oregon's? Most combo's not too bad. Green and yellow are tough to work with (ask Pack's fans), so adding a little black, a little silver, actually is a step up. So never would I put Oregon's ensemble down on the same level as the Terps (stick to a red & white motiff). And while on topic of uni's . . . Penn State's could use an updating (perfect timing with that program). Those are bland and boring, and like their old coach, they're gonna hang around too long before change is foisted upon them.

Reaction Score
Word on street is that Edsall was forced into hiring OC Locksley by his AD. And it may not be a good marriage, as Boy Scout Edsall now has an OC with several run-ins with the law. No word on the new DC from U. Houston.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Forced by who the administration? Locksley is straight poison - if they hire him things will only get worse.

Reaction Score
Whaler, it's not IF they hire him. They already did. The AD is a friend of his. It's only odd because Locksley is not the kind of guy who Edsall would have sought out. He had sexual discrimination allegations filed against him, he punched an assistant coach, and a recruit was driving his car while intoxicated. Sounds like a complicated addition for Edsall. On the plus side he's a goodrecruiter and knows the area well. We'll see how it all fits.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Whaler, it's not IF they hire him. They already did. The AD is a friend of his. It's only odd because Locksley is not the kind of guy who Edsall would have sought out. He had sexual discrimination allegations filed against him, he punched an assistant coach, and a recruit was driving his car while intoxicated. Sounds like a complicated addition for Edsall. On the plus side he's a goodrecruiter and knows the area well. We'll see how it all fits.

I didn't realize it was a done deal. It fits like this: complete debacle.

It's only odd because he's not a fit with Edsall? He's the anti-Edsall. It's like firing Edsall without firing him.

I get that you used 'boy-scout' as a negative. The fact he ran one of the cleanest programs in the country might be his biggest strength.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Forced by who the administration? Locksley is straight poison - if they hire him things will only get worse.

He is a terrific coordinator and OC. He wasn't head coaching material (as his stint at New Mexico shows) but he has proven recruiting connections to Maryland. That was a terrific hire, IF he can mesh well with Edsall's schemes. I wonder if he gets shackled like Crowton and Moorehead were though...

Reaction Score
I didn't realize it was a done deal. It fits like this: complete debacle.

It's only odd because he's not a fit with Edsall? He's the anti-Edsall. It's like firing Edsall without firing him.

I get that you used 'boy-scout' as a negative. The fact he ran one of the cleanest programs in the country might be his biggest strength.

Edsall wouldn't even recruit someone of Locksley's character as a player, but he is taking him on as a coach.

What lovely mess. Yeah, his days are numbered and they aren't high numbers.

Reaction Score
Edsall wouldn't even recruit someone of Locksley's character as a player, but he is taking him on as a coach.

What lovely mess. Yeah, his days are numbered and they aren't high numbers.
This was a "gun to the head" hire. RE was under a lot of pressure. Anderson the AD was under a lot of pressure. The turtles want results, and they want them now. They are willing to gamble. It could work. It could fail. Look at Miami.

Reaction Score
The turtles want results, and they want them now. They are willing to gamble. It could work. It could fail. Look at Miami.

Which is why Edsall was a terrible hire for them in the first place. Coming off of a 9-win season, they didn't want or need somebody who was going to tear everything apart before trying to rebuild it. They should have known that Edsall was going to do just that.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Now MD has a guy with HC experience to take over if Edsall gets canned in mid-season.

Reaction Score
At least he was there long enought to take the names off of the jerseys.

Reaction Score
Can somebody close this thread already... I'm sick of seeing Edsall's name at the top of Football message board everytime I come to this site... Time to move... 9 pages of comments? seriously? he's not worth that much press any longer...

Reaction Score
Can somebody close this thread already... I'm sick of seeing Edsall's name at the top of Football message board everytime I come to this site... Time to move... 9 pages of comments? seriously? he's not worth that much press any longer...
+1,000,000 ktuck. . . .time for a Randy subboard, mods?

Reaction Score

Yet you, and now I, have bumped it right back to the top, hehe.

Reaction Score

Randy will forever be associated with our program. Whether you like what he did here or not, he did help to build it into what it is today. As such, when there is news regarding what he is doing in his new position, it will garner it's share of interest and attention. This thread was intended to point out how ironic it is that things seem to be imploding so quickly for him at MD. If you prefer not to read about it, you have that choice. However, it doesn't mean that you should be able to make that choice for everyone else here! Over 4,000 readers have decided that this thread is of interest to them. So, obviously, there is some level of interest in how our former coach has managed to have to change his two coordinators in his first year! I have never heard of that happening before! That alone is newsworthy, never mind that it involves Randy!

It's also VERY unlikely that all the threads here are of interest to you personally. I'm sure you skip right by some of them. It's a free country and an open board....so you have that option with this thread as well.

Reaction Score
4,000 readers? More like a few hundred maximum have read it over and over as new comments get added.

Reaction Score
4,000 readers? More like a few hundred maximum have read it over and over as new comments get added.

Good point Butchy, 4,000 views may have been a better way to express it.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I personally view it not because I am particularly interested in Edsall changing coordinators but because I enjoy watching the train wreck debates that evolve from discussion of our former head coach.

Reaction Score
I personally view it not because I am particularly interested in Edsall changing coordinators but because I enjoy watching the train wreck debates that evolve from discussion of our former head coach.

Train wreck? Or Italian shipwreck?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Which is why Edsall was a terrible hire for them in the first place. Coming off of a 9-win season, they didn't want or need somebody who was going to tear everything apart before trying to rebuild it. They should have known that Edsall was going to do just that.

They didn't need someone to tear it apart, but for whatever reason they wanted someone who would. Of course the same person who made that hire decided to tear it down two years in a row.

Reaction Score
Randy was the perfect hire for Maryland . . . at least with UConn scheduled to play the Terps twice over the next few years. Defensive coordinators will have a lot less to game plan for, that's certain (run right, run left, run up the middle).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom