Randy Edsall on State of the Program | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Randy Edsall on State of the Program

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Yes, you said they are big time. I know they are prestigious, but BIG TIME, no. Anyway, Merry Christmas to all...Peace on Earth and pray for the soldiers who aren't home with their families on this HOLY Time of year.
Instantly recognizable single letter helmets include Washington, Oregon, Arizona, Minnesota, Purdue, Texas, Georgia, Hawaii, Nebraska, Stanford, Wisconsin, Temple, Northwestern, Michigan State used to have a big Block S IIRC, and that's just off the top of my head.

I don't watch as much football as I used to (College or Pro). UConn and another game or two plus highlights each week. tops. Just don't have the time. My personal favorites in terms of UConn helmets date back to when I was in college and just as UConn was making the transition. The block C is fine (#4 below) as is the current helmet, but I like #s 15, 14, and 12 better. I also wouldn't mind a combo with a logo on one side and the uniform number on the other.

uconn+helmets.bmp

Reaction Score
Wes and Amherst are. Trinity is the place where really rich kids go who couldn't get in at any of the good schools lol
Ok, fine. Williams College. Do we feel better now? The NESCAC is a very nice conference; I'd trade my UConn degree/experience for any of those schools when I went. Except Trinity!

@businesslawyer might not be pleased to read that. lol

Reaction Score
Ok, fine. Williams College. Do we feel better now? The NESCAC is a very nice conference; I'd trade my UConn degree/experience for any of those schools when I went. Except Trinity!

@businesslawyer might not be pleased to read that. lol

Eh. Trinity is certainly not Amherst or Williams. On the other hand, it certainly hasn't held back my career.

Reaction Score
Instantly recognizable single letter helmets include Washington, Oregon, Arizona, Minnesota, Purdue, Texas, Georgia, Hawaii, Nebraska, Stanford, Wisconsin, Temple, Northwestern, Michigan State used to have a big Block S IIRC, and that's just off the top of my head.

I don't watch as much football as I used to (College or Pro). UConn and another game or two plus highlights each week. tops. Just don't have the time. My personal favorites in terms of UConn helmets date back to when I was in college and just as UConn was making the transition. The block C is fine (#4 below) as is the current helmet, but I like #s 15, 14, and 12 better. I also wouldn't mind a combo with a logo on one side and the uniform number on the other.

uconn+helmets.bmp
Number 4 is my favorite. Why don't they list them by year, oldest to newest? Also, the two most recent helmets are missing (the ones based on the new Husky logo).

Reaction Score
Number 4 is my favorite. Why don't they list them by year, oldest to newest? Also, the two most recent helmets are missing (the ones based on the new Husky logo).

And where is 1969? Or am I just missing it?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I don't like the attention from Chris Carlin.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Can't see RL heading down I-95... if he makes a move. it's not 180 miles south to Jersey.
Agreed....except everyone has a plan until a big wad of $$ is waved in front of them and I mean bigger than the one he left Auburn for Uconn over. Anyway, it seems low risk, but I hate the subject anyway.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Not my graphic. It's on the Interwebs.

Reaction Score
Diaco did a bang up job here

Number of UConn players who achieved following lifts/times, spring 2010 vs. spring 2017

Bench press, 350-plus
2010, 23
2017: 10
Clean, 250-plus
2010: 46
2017: 31
Squat, 475-plus
2010: 19
2017: 7
40-yard dash, 4.64 seconds or better
2010: 16
2017: 5

and yet Matt Balis gets a lot of credit for the ND turnaround this year

Reaction Score
and yet Matt Balis gets a lot of credit for the ND turnaround this year
I don't think he was the problem. Foley, Levy, Peart changed their bodies on his watch. Like Edsall said, you gotta give him something to work with.

Reaction Score
The author of that lifted it from The Helmet Project and listed in order of the individual's favorite, 1st to worst.

Reaction Score
I think '69 was the same as #3 but it had a "100" decal inside the C for the 100 year anniversary of college football. Lots of schools had it then.
In a matter of time, the first gridiron football game will be either McGill vs Harvard in 1874 or Harvard vs Yale in 1875. Harvard vs Yale rivalry ain't called "The Game" for no reason.

Harvard and Yale let Princeton and Rutgers have some imaginary glory so freaking NJ could celebrate something.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom