Randy Edsall on State of the Program | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Randy Edsall on State of the Program

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I've heard this too from classmates who I went to school with (graduated 2016). They played a few groups of Diaco guys and said they were not very athletic
You never played in the gym?

Reaction Score
Surprised to hear Brayden Brown leaving. Got playing time as a true freshman.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I don't think they should put anything on the helmet till they win something meaningful. Let them play in practice uniforms until they earn the respect of the fans and the nation in the form of a bowl invite or a top 25 ranking. Why spend a penny on uniform changes when over half of their home stadium is empty every game? Earn it Huskies!
2BF4275A-C7FF-4925-9472-71606ABACE69.gif

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I don't think they should put anything on the helmet till they win something meaningful. Let them play in practice uniforms until they earn the respect of the fans and the nation in the form of a bowl invite or a top 25 ranking. Why spend a penny on uniform changes when over half of their home stadium is empty every game? Earn it Huskies!

Every time I think you've suggested the dumbest thing you possibly can, you go out there and say, "Hold my beer..."

Reaction Score
I continue to fail to see the allure of the block C. It's childish, archaic, boring, and doesn't identify the University or the team. It could just as easily be Cincinnati, Clemson, Colorado, or the Chicago Bears for god sake.
Some big schools use a singular letter for a logo. Michigan, Illinois, Arizona, Stanford, Syracuse, Miami, Duke, USF, Temple, Tulane, Oregon, Wesleyan, Trinity, Amherst, etc. Their letter logos are identifiable because they've been tradition. There's also schools who use multiple letters, 2 or 3. It's a basic college tradition. It emanates a majestic look. The Chicago Bears got their C logo from the University of Chicago.

Reaction Score
A couple of thoughts on this thread.

1)Listed heights, weights and 40 times are the most laughably bad "reported info" on recruiting sites. Every staff measures and tests these kids individually when they are on campus. Amazingly you find out that a lot of QB's aren't as tall as listed, DT/OL are not has heavy, and WR/RB are not as fast. Combines help clear these things up a bit, but I much prefer to view game film to get a true idea of a kids functional speed.

2)Edsall is not wrong regarding the team needing to get stronger and faster. I respect his frankness but as a coach you are walking a fine line between pointing out facts, and making sure you don't come off looking like you are simply making excuses. This team definitely needs to do both. It needs to work on building strength across all positions in the weight room (New S&C needed IMO) and recruiting speed. Your OL is weak at the point of attack. Your DL save Fatukasi and a few others is fairly easily handled, and your LB can't get off blocks, pressure the QB or cover in space.

3)Recruiting has to improve if Uconn hopes to ever compete for league titles. There is no way to sugar coat it. The AAC is a surprisingly competitive league, but there are no dominant programs. Teams at the bottom regularly rise up and others fall. Much of this is tied to coaching hires, and in this area Uconn has an advantage. The program has stability at the top in a coach that likely has no interest in moving on to the next best opportunity. It feels like 3/4th's of the league's coaches are coaching for their next job. Randy is home. That needs to be a major selling point. "I'm going to be here." Can UCF, Cincy, USF, Houston or whomever make the same pitch? Sure, but will kids buy it? Its all on Randy and the team to convince higher caliber athletes to come to Uconn. This is done by putting a higher caliber program on the field. You can not field a team of players whose best offers were Bryant or Georgia Southern and expect to win 7-9 games in a legit conference full of athletes. Good coaching can overcome lots of deficiencies. It can not overcome a major shortcoming in personnel on a week to week basis. Randy has got to start competing and securing a roster of players whose offers out of HS were primarily AAC, CUSA, & MAC with the occasional B1G or ACC sprinkled in as well. It will not be easy, but its what is needed if he doesn't want to watch UCF/USF play Mempis/Houston every season in the championship game.

4)Finally everyone's favorite discussion The Block C. JMO but I say they need to bring that thing back and they need to do it ASAP. It is a recognizable symbol that truly identifies Uconn. It is tied to your program's most successful era of football, and as a logo it is simple, clean and understated. It is blue collar, like the identity this program once held. If I was in charge of Uconn's Uniforms there would be 3 and only three.

Home- Blue top, white pants, and that awesome new white Block C Helmet.

Road- White top, blue pants, blue Block C Helmet

Alt- Grey top and pants with red accents, cool gray husky helmet. Make these like ND's Green Unis. Break them out for really big games, bowls, conference championships etc. Make wearing them seem like an honor for the players.

That's it you don't need anything else. Everything else should be burned along with The Conflict Trophy if it is ever located. The demons of the recent past need to exorcised in a literal way IMO. Erase that dreadful period from your history and build again from those ashes.

Reaction Score
I continue to fail to see the allure of the block C. It's childish, archaic, boring, and doesn't identify the University or the team. It could just as easily be Cincinnati, Clemson, Colorado, or the Chicago Bears for god sake.
Agree. A light outline of the state in the background would be cool.

Reaction Score
Some big schools use a singular letter for a logo. Michigan, Illinois, Arizona, Stanford, Syracuse, Miami, Duke, USF, Temple, Tulane, Oregon, Wesleyan, Trinity, Amherst, etc. Their letter logos are identifiable because they've been tradition. There's also schools who use multiple letters, 2 or 3. It's a basic college tradition. It emanates a majestic look. The Chicago Bears got their C logo from the University of Chicago.

Amherst, Wesleyan, Trinity are big time schools?

Merry Christmas, all!!!!

Reaction Score
You do realize they are amongst the oldest and most prestigious colleges in this country?
you've seen art post on the cesspool, you should know by now he reads at a 6th grade level.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Let's see we've had some of the absolute worst recruiting classes in the nation the past 5 seasons, we've won what 15 games the past 5 seasons, but now, just now, people are having their eyes opened to our ineptitude?

Reaction Score
Let's see we've had some of the absolute worst recruiting classes in the nation the past 5 seasons, we've won what 15 games the past 5 seasons, but now, just now, people are having their eyes opened to our ineptitude?
no, but it's nice to see hard data

Reaction Score
You do realize they are amongst the oldest and most prestigious colleges in this country?

Yes, you said they are big time. I know they are prestigious, but BIG TIME, no. Anyway, Merry Christmas to all...Peace on Earth and pray for the soldiers who aren't home with their families on this HOLY Time of year.

Reaction Score
you've seen art post on the cesspool, you should know by now he reads at a 6th grade level.

Sorry, I know those schools are prestigious, but I was commenting on the BIG TIME statement. Trinity has a 252 game winning streak in squash. I wasn't making fun of them. Trinity, Wesleyan and Amherst are great schools, but I was talking about them being in the big time. Anyway, Merry Christmas to everyone on the Boneyard.

Reaction Score
Yes, you said they are big time. I know they are prestigious, but BIG TIME, no. Anyway, Merry Christmas to all...Peace on Earth and pray for the soldiers who aren't home with their families on this HOLY Time of year.
Prestigious = big time. Amherst alone probably produces more executives than UCF, USF, Memphis and ECU combined.

Reaction Score
Prestigious = big time. Amherst alone probably produces more executives than UCF, USF, Memphis and ECU combined.
Including that most beloved of Red Sox General Managers ... Dan Duquette.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

Wes and Amherst are. Trinity is the place where really rich kids go who couldn't get in at any of the good schools lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom