Randy Edsall Is A Fraud | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Randy Edsall Is A Fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I hate to say it I see another 1-11 season. Randy needs to go. This team looks like a bob diaco team get him out of here. We are independent but we need a coach that’s aggressive and wants to win

Team was better under Diaco. Fire Randy, yes. But get rid of the people who thought bringing Edsall back was a good idea. THEY ARE TO BLAME, Edsall is to be blamed for playing 1960's football and recruiting players who shouldn't be playing FCS football.

Reaction Score
Do we want to see potential recruits exit if randy is fired. I say let’s gamble and go for a up and coming coach
Absolutely. If the potential recruits are anything like the recruits he has brought in . . . well, they don't belong on an FBS field anyway. Besides, where are these potential recruits gonna go: Albany, Sacred Heart, Stony Brook or maybe they will stay in Canada.

Reaction Score
Absolutely. If the potential recruits are anything like the recruits he has brought in . . . well, they don't belong on an FBS field anyway.
Agreed we need a coach that can make a difference all Edsall weds all did was bring in fcs talent what the heck. Can’t even wrap up on defense. Qb talent is non existent

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Down 28-0. 4th and 1 on their half of the field with less than a minute to go and you have all three timeouts. What kind of stubborn idiot runs out the clock?!? What a damned numbskull!

I'm tired of this. We suck, but when a coach does something like that, I'm fuming! What's the idea here?!? You're just stealing my money now, you friggin jerk!
Look out he’s hot!!! Now I’m gonna be here all night looking at his responses

Reaction Score
He's a great program builder. How you guys cannot see that amazes me. I mean Dan Orlovsky, FatWhiteGuy and a bunch of others always defend him on Twitter. Those guys you used to rip Diaco for his ineptness but defend this from Randy. They know better than all of us. Randy just needs a few more years and he will hand this off to Corey who we we are lucky to have. Give it time guys.
Give him another 20 years and he might go 6-6...

Reaction Score
David Benedict need to wake up that’s what I can say. He needs to get fired also. The president needs to right this ship around. Football brings in money we need now to right this ship too

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Did Randy Edsall by any chance suit up today and put on a #2 jersey? If he didn't then I certainly can't blame him for not knowing how to make a very simple tackle which resulted in Tulane's last score. Maybe Edsall doesn't have the touch this time around or is unable to motivate his players (like a former UConn coach in another program whose initials are KO) but it's not his fault if these players can't execute on the basic fundamentals.

I'll go on record as agreeing that Edsall does not appear to be the man to lead this team forward, but for crying out loud, if you're a player make a freaking play.

Reaction Score
Do we want to see potential recruits exit if randy is fired. I say let’s gamble and go for a up and coming coach

It will have to be someone that no other team wants because we know this abhorrent administration doesn’t spend money on football staff. But that does not mean they can’t find that coach who is a bright guy who has a plan. But that would take commitment to finding the right coach. And that isn’t going to happen with the current AD (you want to talk about a fraud) and administration.

Reaction Score
In addition to finding a hungry coach with modern concepts in mind the administration must lower the academic standards more for the team. Even if it’s just for 10 spots on the roster. Take more JUCO.

AND PAY THE MONEY FOR A GOOD STAFF!!!!!

Reaction Score
People have been defending him all season.
If you mean after the second game, yes I'll agree with you. But now? The poster I replied to said there are posters STILL defending him. So I'll ask again. WHO?????

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Agree with almost everything and it is depressing. A couple of other observations;
  • Diaco's teams played with more enthusiasm and he had more talent to work with.
  • Diaco's recruiting and game management were both beyond terrible.
  • The players Randy has brought in are better than what was here. While the talent is a little better the rest of the AAC is MUCH better. Look at all the transfers into other programs and all the 3 star guys committed to Tulane and other AAC programs. Not to mention 3 top 25 teams.
  • There has got to be a young coach who could energize this program. Not TJ or Skip or Brown or Morehead but someone like the OC at Tulane.
  • Teams outside of the P5 need to aggressively hit the transfers. A smart coach would have gotten in front of that trend.
  • CCSU would crush Uconn and would play hard against Tulane.
  • I remember looking down my nose at teams like Tulane.
  • Barring another meltdown, Jack Zergiotis should start from here on out unless Steven Krajewski is ready.
  • Beaudry has trouble throwing down field
  • The uncertainty over scheduling makes all of this moot. No new coach, players or fans are going show up without that getting settled.
  • As an optimistic fan, it is getting impossible to see any silver lining other that basketball is coming.

Reaction Score
Transfer portal makes this a half-moot point

Get a coach who wins, and kids will come
Agreed we need something different in Storrs. Something that is out of the box and can get these kids inspired

Reaction Score
Here is a frightening thought, I hear Addazio is likely out, what are the odds DB loses his mind and hires him?

Reaction Score
Here is a frightening thought, I hear Addazio is likely out, what are the odds DB loses his mind and hires him?
High. But he shouldn't be allowed to hire the next coach. He extended then fired Diaco and brought in Randy. That's not the man you want making this hire.

Reaction Score
#REStorred
tenor.gif

Reaction Score
High. But he shouldn't be allowed to hire the next coach. He extended then fired Diaco and brought in Randy. That's not the man you want making this hire.

Unfortunately I don't think the new president is anxious to replace both the FBHC and AD at the same time. Especially going Indy in FB. If he does it would mean that he really is ready to kill FBS level FB.

Reaction Score
Randy Edsall is doing exactly what he did in Years 1-3 after replacing Skip Holz. Which is have 3 ungodly bad years. At least back than he had an NFL QB in the state of CT coming in to save the day.

David Benedict should have known what he was getting into. Everything happening right now was predictable if AD Dave picked up a media guide of 1999-2001.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom