Randy Edsall Is A Fraud | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Randy Edsall Is A Fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
“you can’t hire a nationally known coach that can pull in recruits simply on his name, then find a seasoned up and coming assistant that wants to build his brand (and his name) by building a winner out of a third tier team.”

Pasqualoni was v1. Diaco was v2.

We tried

I know we are all butthurt now. The deficiencies are obvious. We are NOT gonna collapse the Program. Sell the real estate. Etc.

Reaction Score
David Benedict need to wake up that’s what I can say. He needs to get fired also. The president needs to right this ship around. Football brings in money we need now to right this ship too
Has anyone heard anything from him all season?

Reaction Score
He's a great program builder. How you guys cannot see that amazes me. I mean Dan Orlovsky, FatWhiteGuy and a bunch of others always defend him on Twitter. Those guys you used to rip Diaco for his ineptness but defend this from Randy. They know better than all of us. Randy just needs a few more years and he will hand this off to Corey who we we are lucky to have. Give it time guys.

That was then, this is now. People change over the years. I wonder what they would say if they were playing for Edsall now ?

Reaction Score
We all tend to look through our tinted glasses to the past...And current expectations are built on that past.

But, to an outsider, wearing a different tint...the past maybe looks a little different....the high points aren't as high...and more reachable.

Take 2010...the much referenced high point Fiesta Bowl season...

It was a good season...but was it that good?

The 8-4 (regular season) Huskies shared a BE Championship in a three way tie with Pitt and WVU. Three of an eight team league that year. UConn grabbed a share of the championship by hitting a field goal in the last minute of the last game to defeat USF.

UConn lost to 7-6 Michigan, 8-4 Temple, 4-8 Rutgers, and were shut out 0-26 by 7-6 Louisville...and lost by 28 points to Oklahoma in the Fiesta.

If you take apart the season (and lose the glow of making a BCS Bowl)...it doesn't seem as unrepeatable in the future.

An 8-4 UConn season won't get a NY6 Bowl...but a similar 8-4 season is certainly not out of the realm of possibility with better athletes and execution.
You failed to mention that UConn beat Louisville in Louisville under Paul Pasqualoni right before FSU decided to stab UConn in the back.

Reaction Score
You failed to mention that UConn beat Louisville in Louisville under Paul Pasqualoni right before FSU decided to stab UConn in the back.

Yes Buddy...UConn did beat Louisville in 2012 (23-20)...but Louisville, in the bigger picture, went 11-2 that year while UConn had a losing season.

But who looked better if you aren't wearing blue tinted glasses...

UConn with a nice upset game but who went 5-7...or Louisville who went 11-2 and won the Sugar Bowl?

OK...now I have mentioned it...

Reaction Score
Buddy...you did get me thinking...your comment, and the recent celebrations of UConn returning to the Big East.

UConn in the ACC would have made for great basketball...

Since 2003-04, seven schools have left the Big East for the ACC; Virginia Tech, Miami, Boston College, Syracuse, Pitt, Notre Dame (BE football only) and Louisville.

The conference now has its own Big East-ACC challenge on an almost nightly basis during season. If UConn had been added it would have been a true challenge to Tobacco Road.

UConn vs Duke, UNC, Virginia, FSU, and the old Big East teams like Notre Dame, Cuse, Louisville, and Miami would make for great competition.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I just feel that UConn would be in a very different place right now, had they been chosen to move forward. You are correct in many things that you say, I am sorry to say. The return to the Big East was unfortunately necessary at this point to keep UConn athletics afloat. Some powerful state authorities are even now trying to gut UConn even more, so the picture for UConn going forward is not a pretty one.

Reaction Score
If UConn wasn't going to win the AAC in basketball nor be in the top third of the conference in football....the Big East was the only move.

UConn just got caught in the big shift in media contracts to football...where football was rewarded so much more than basketball.

What still surprises me is that even with the added costs that it takes to be competitive in the FBS...more teams have wanted in...teams like Charlotte, Coastal Carolina, Appalachian State, Old Dominion...

Schools still dream of moving up.....hang the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom